Islands sinking beneath the waves

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Islands sinking beneath the waves

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Tuvalu and many other South Pacific Islands are not sinking, claims they are due to global warming driven sea level rise are opportunistic

Anthony Watts / June 2, 2010

Nils Axel Morner and Don Easterbrook told them so. So did Willis, who had some very similar ideas.

We’ve mentioned several times here on WUWT that the claims about sea level rise and sinking islands are overblown. For example, this idiotic publicity stunt by the Maldivian government, signing a legal declaration underwater, demonstrates just how far some people are willing to prostitute their victimhood for financial gain. The MO: You other countries warmed the earth, raising sea level which threatens our island. Pay up sucka!

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2010/06/02/ ... rtunistic/
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

What I find whenever the eco-cultist watermelons start blabbing about islands sinking is the amount of hyperbole and lying goes off the charts. From my earlier link, here's a perfect example:

I mean also that warmists felt entitled to invent complete fantasies for the cause.

Take Prof Mohammed Dore, an environmental economist from Canada’s Brock University, who three years ago declared Tuvalu uninhabited already.

“In fact, there is an island called Tuvalu which was completely evacuated and New Zealand accepted all the residents because of sea level rising,” he wrote, much to the surprise of the island’s 12,000 residents, who have actually doubled their number in the past three decades, there being little else to do in the middle of the ocean.

And that’s their real problem. Surrounded by nothing but coconuts and fish, and with no employer other than the Government since the Nauruan phosphate industry died, how were they to get on in this great world?

What luck! Along came the global warming faith, and Tuvaluans must have seen in this greatest cargo cult of all a chance at last to earn a dollar - and maybe even get a visa to a new home in a richer land.

I realize that this excerpt is from a "slanted diatribe" about how panicky idiots and opportunists are trying to milk the man-made climate change myth for profits, but it's still amazing to me how much total lying goes on, and how no one is ever held to account. That Canadian professor should be absolutely ashamed of himself.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

I regret that Green Barbarian does not seem to be capable of truthfulness. I mistakenly thought that the moderators had removed his bald-faced lies about me overnight, but on more careful reading I see those lies remain up.

What did Green Barbarian say about my climate change views above?

"If all you want is garbage supporting your views about the Church of Global Warming, then why not just say that?"

What did I say above about climate change above?

"As for the substance, I believe that science is superior to all the alternatives, but I also believe that science has its share of larceny and its share of me-tooism or what we used to call "bathing in one's own bath water", and I'm not sure that climate change is all that its cracked up to be . . . ."

What did Green Barbarian say about Chavez of Venezuela above?

"As for my Pinochet comment, you were using Pinochet to try and deflect from your favorite buddy, Chavez, and how he destroyed Venezuela."

What did I say about Chavez on the Venezuela thread?

"Hugo (Chavez) was no hero of mine, nor his successor, but he started off as hero of his electorate, undoubtedly in reaction to the excesses of what went before. When he started consorting with the likes of the president (?) of Iran, any person of rational mind knew he was off his political rocker, and probably always had been."

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 25th, 2016, 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: personal attack
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by d0nb »

It's possible, but apparently the islands are being lost more slowly than they might have been. Who knows.

NASA:

"Glaciers are still melting, but climate change is having an unexpected effect on sea levels, NASA has found. Satellites show 3.2 trillion tons of water has been stored on land over the past decade, slowing the pace of rising sea levels by 20 percent."

https://www.rt.com/usa/332226-climate-c ... evel-rise/
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 25th, 2016, 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: personal attack

Return to “World”