Electric cars/Tesla/Solar power

dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Electric cars/Tesla/Solar power

Post by dirtybiker »

Jlabute wrote:Actually, hyperloop

Thanks, I only read a snipit of the pages long article before my name was called... :D
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

maryjane48 wrote:
Jlabute wrote:If I needed more money to continue my outrageous burn rate, I would announce new products and display pretty renderings and ask for deposits. I think Tesla has delivered 700 Model 3 cars, rather than 20,000 per month as promised. Now Tesla is 10B+ in debt and still can’t deliver roofs, cars or anything. How long can this continue?

They paid back their govt loan and didnt need a bail out and hire american labour

Are you referring to the 465M loan back in 2013? It really is peanuts compared to what they owe now. Tesla has lost money for every year of their 10 year existence, and loses a larger amount each new year. So why bail them out? Instead of making Elon rich and famous, let the company go out of business, then GM can buy it up for pennies. Now, Elon bails out SolarCity, and Tesla may need a bailout because their subsidy is running out (200,000 car limit reached). This means new competitors will have a subsidy while the Tesla’s won’t making them less competitive. California is so heavily fond of money losing EV they may get the state taxpayers to foot the bill. It costs Californians alot to make Elon famous.

http://www.thenewamericana.com/2017/08/04/elon-musk-need-california-bailout-worth-21-billion/
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

dirtybiker wrote:
Jlabute wrote:Actually, hyperloop

Thanks, I only read a snipit of the pages long article before my name was called... :D

lol. I found this cool video of their first test run. Looks exciting. Not sure if I want to be passenger #1 though. I am sure it’ll go through rigorous testing.
https://www.wired.com/story/hyperloop-one-test-pod-video/
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Tesla got the ev ball rolling . That was the plan . How many cars would the big three sell if states blocked them from setting up dealerships ? Theres reason why the big three are scared. Their product is inferior . :130:
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

maryjane48 wrote:Tesla got the ev ball rolling . That was the plan.

Not sure what that means since they were not the first. GM came out with the EV1 ‘96 to ‘99 based on a previous California initiative to be so called clean. Unfortunately, it wasn’t profitable for GM either, and all the leased vehicles ended up junked. No doubt, the future will not be gas, at the time when product is mature. If Tesla goes under, let GM buy them up rather than bail them out. Most people are waiting for better battery tech, and lower prices. GM is outselling Tesla now with EV vehicles.

http://www.businessinsider.com/teslas-biggest-threat-now-gm-2017-11

A good point in the article, even after 15 years, Tesla still can’t mass produce vehicles, while the big manufactures can make millions more than Tesla at the drop of a hat. The Chevy Bolt is currently the most popular EV.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

maryjane48 wrote:Tesla got the ev ball rolling . That was the plan . How many cars would the big three sell if states blocked them from setting up dealerships ? Theres reason why the big three are scared. Their product is inferior . :130:

Just like the difference between American made toasters and the Chinese made, Cadillac and Kia, Hummer and Toyota........Who do you think sells more and who makes more money?
It took Tesla 10 years to make the first one, it will take the Chinese 1 year to reverse engineer it and start production, without all of the R&D costs.
Bring back the LIKE button.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Tesla,wont need bailing out lol. You seem to keep forggeting space x :130:

But gm ford chev have been bailed out and will again need it

The U.S. government bailout of the auto industry lasted from January 2009 to December 2013. The Big Three automakers approached Congress in November 2008. They warned that, without the bailout, GM and Chrysler faced bankruptcy and the loss of one million jobs. Ford didn't need the funds, since it had already cut costs. But it asked to be included so it wouldn't suffer by competing with subsidized companies.

https://www.thebalance.com/auto-industr ... er-3305670

Interesting ford wanted to be subsadized even though they didnt need the money .
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Sweet. A Tesla pickup is coming. Hopefully they are just using the F150 as size reference and not style.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-42493008
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

From the provided link:
In addition, the entrepreneur also appeared to make several commitments to requested updates for its current vehicle range via a series of brief replies, including:

windscreen wipers that automatically change speed based on how much rain there is - a facility already offered by Volkswagen, Volvo and Mazda, among others

"vastly better" maps and sat-nav software
a revamped web browser for its cars' touchscreens - experts have described the existing version as being "almost unusable"

a "disco mode" for its vehicles' interior lights, timing them to the beat of music

Sounds like a real practical car/truck with upgrades that compensate for some of the many down falls of their previous offerings. No wonder the orders are getting cancelled at a rate of 63,000 and counting.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

You keep mentioning SpaceX but even Elon is not allowed to steal money from another company even if it were his. SolarCity needed bailing out so Tesla bought it up, otherwise it would have looked worse. Now SolarCity employees are being let go. Tesla on the other hand needs 2018 to deliver sales rather than promises else investors will say bye.
The predictions were n your link are too optimistic, 100,000,000 EV on the road by 2030? Kidding me? Even if 100% of sales starting now is EV you still wouldn’t get that many on the road in the next 12 years. Obviously a green blob lie.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

You didnt mention big three getting govt money .dont care talk about that ? :smt045
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

They all get government cash, same as Tesla and SpaceX. The big three though are able to make cars, Tesla is unable to make cars. In fact Tesla makes batteries better than cars and is actually known as a battery company.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

JLives wrote:Sweet. A Tesla pickup is coming. Hopefully they are just using the F150 as size reference and not style.

And when will they be actually delivered? :laugh:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Dizzy1 wrote:
JLives wrote:Sweet. A Tesla pickup is coming. Hopefully they are just using the F150 as size reference and not style.

And when will they be actually delivered? :laugh:

I'm not even 40 and in my lifetime have experienced an analog childhood and digital adulthood. Technology is moving at breakneck speed. I'm not worried about delivery but amazed by advancement.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."

Return to “World”