Electric cars/Tesla/Solar power

alanjh595
Banned

Re: Tesla set to be number 1

Post by alanjh595 »

Did you read the ENTIRE article? Do you really understand what is says in that article?
Bring back the LIKE button.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

maryjane48 wrote:http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/autos/tesla-secures-big-order-for-its-electric-trucks-from-anheuser-busch-1.3714513

40 semis secured in order :130:

40 semis. Thats like one company ordering trucks for one year. 40 semis is not gonna be enough to keep the doors open. I did see walmart bought some tesla semis. If they have people like wal mart in on it. Maybe it goes far
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

If Tesla wants to keep up with Freightliner, Western Star and other truck manufacturers, they will have to make 30 to 40 semi-trucks per day to be profitable or worthwhile... not 40 trucks per year, or month etc lol. Orders for Tesla semi trucks may be because they are more cool than practical at this point... probably why a beer company nabbed some. It would be false thinking to believe any carbon footprint is reduced.

Of course, if they can’t deliver model 3, customers may be waiting a while for their semis.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Last year, Tesla merged with struggling SolarCity, making Elon Musk CEO of both companies. The tie-up hasn't hurt Tesla in 2017 as the company's stock has surged above $300 per share and the combined enterprise hit a market capitalization of over $50 billion.

You were saying carr ? [icon_lol2.gif]

http://www.businessinsider.com/a-tesla- ... de-2017-12
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

maryjane48 wrote:http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/autos/tesla-secures-big-order-for-its-electric-trucks-from-anheuser-busch-1.3714513

40 semis secured in order :130:

Which means nothing.

Model 3 has had 63000 "secured" orders cancelled as of August of this year, with more being cancelled as time goes on ...

https://www.recode.net/2017/8/2/1608743 ... -elon-musk
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

You do know that Tesla is NON-union right? The employees have been pushing to become union but Musk says, "NO".

http://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-un ... nds-2017-7

A new report slams Tesla working conditions, claims employees have suffered twice as many serious injuries

In 2014, Tesla's total recordable incident rate (TRIR) was 8.4 injuries per 100 workers, which was 15% higher than the industry average of 7.3 that year

In 2015, Tesla's TRIR was 8.8 injuries per 100 workers, which was 31% higher than the industry average of 6.7 that year

Worksafe also analyzed Tesla's DART rate, which refers to "serious nonfatal injuries" that result in leaves of absences, restricted duty, or job transfer. It found:

In 2014, Tesla had a DART rate of 7.1 injuries per 100 workers, which was 69% higher than the industry average of 4.2 that year

In 2015, Tesla had a DART rate of 7.9 injuries per 100 workers, which was 103% higher than the industry average of 3.9 that year

http://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-in ... afe-2017-5
Bring back the LIKE button.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

What model of tesla do u have MJ. Surely u have a few of them. You sure beat the tesla drum a lot. Hopefully u do that out of brand loyalty and not out of idol worship.

Tesla is not even able to deliver a thousand cars a month.
Compare that to ford. Probably does 1000 F150s in a few hrs
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

Jflem1983 wrote:What model of tesla do u have MJ. Surely u have a few of them. You sure beat the tesla drum a lot. Hopefully u do that out of brand loyalty and not out of idol worship.

Tesla is not even able to deliver a thousand cars a month.
Compare that to ford. Probably does 1000 F150s in a few hrs

I would think one would have to make more than a sandwich artist at Quiznos' to be able to afford a Tesla.
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

maryjane48 wrote:Last year, Tesla merged with struggling SolarCity, making Elon Musk CEO of both companies. The tie-up hasn't hurt Tesla in 2017 as the company's stock has surged above $300 per share and the combined enterprise hit a market capitalization of over $50 billion.

You were saying carr ? [icon_lol2.gif]

http://www.businessinsider.com/a-tesla- ... de-2017-12

Did you read the article?? I didn't think so.

I stand by my comment that musk will be bankrupt by end of 2018. :biggrin: :130:
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

How does the stock keep going up while the deliveries continue to be delayed and left un filled. Who on earth would wait 2 years for a car.

I cant see how the company is worth so much money. Its sort of reminding me of Bre-x.

Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Jflem1983 wrote:How does the stock keep going up while the deliveries continue to be delayed and left un filled. Who on earth would wait 2 years for a car.

I cant see how the company is worth so much money. Its sort of reminding me of Bre-x.

Tesla's stock peaked this past summer and has been going down ever since.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Its up 6 bucks today. 322 dollars US a share

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote:Last year, Tesla merged with struggling SolarCity, making Elon Musk CEO of both companies.

Why was SolarCity "struggling"? I thought all solar investments were rock solid money-making machines? That's what all of the shysters pumping solar and wind always say. Interesting that wasn't the case. Could it be the Big Green scum are lying to us?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Taken off the tesla board. Seems there are a few disgruntled folks

On Wednesday December 6. I took delivery of a new, 6 miles, Tesla. After doing a walk through, the car was brought around for handover. At that time a gouge in the paint behind the left rear tire plus some orange peel from an obvious prior paint repair. I took the car to Signature Custom Wraps of Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. for a preplanned Ceramic Pro treatment and wrap of the hood and front end. I have been restoring motor vehicles since 1970 and am considered an expert in paint jobs, so I asked Michael of Signature Wraps his opinion. The car was returned to Tesla and the following morning I was called and said the car was ready for pickup. My response; are you serious ? It is Impossible to paint color and at least 2 coats of clear in 12 hours. I made it clear I wanted a loaner, which I received, and left. When the paint job is acceptable I will take delivery of the car. I live in Key West and I will be contacting my attorney when I get back. Not a very got level of treatment for a repeat customer let alone new customer.

hipresr | December 8, 2017

Sounds like my delivery ordeal that i backed out of. For $140k that car better have zero flaws, which it did not, and like yours did not either. Mine had scratched bootlid, scratch down pass rear door and fisheyes on the front hood. Tesla tried to make it right by wanting to re-paint a "new " car. Hell to the no! Backed out and never looked back, to what would be the most nightmarish experience's i have ever had with a purchase of a "new" car.

rgrant | December 8, 2017

Not sure why you took delivery if there was an obvious defect?

pagrimm1 | December 9, 2017

I believe that they did the walk around inside in tight quarters so I would not see the lousy paint. When the paper work was done they brought it outside and handed me the keys. I noticed and they acknowledged the scratch and said they would arrange to get it repaired. I live in Key West and it is a six hour drive to Dania Beach. I took it to Signature Wraps in Ft Lauderdale to get Michael' opinion and that is when I decided to return it to Tesla. I have driven the car less than 10 miles

AstonZagato | December 10, 2017

My MX came with several problems. They’ve had it for several weeks to sort it. Now slightly worried as they seem to have put a whole new boot lid on it.

hawkeyecustom | December 10, 2017

“I believe that they did the walk around inside in tight quarters so I would not see the lousy paint”
Wow, paranoid much?

pagrimm1 | December 10, 2017

Are you referring to me as being paranoid ? You need to explain. Wouldn't a $141,500 car be expected to be right, near perfect. I have been to several Tesla facilities in the last few days and their parking lots are full of original and refresh MS, that are sitting there.and ICE vehicles siting in rows. They need someone to run Tesla as a business.

JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Elon and his arrogance will be the downfall of Tesla. And now, after dismissing Fisker completely, they have come up with a battery that would basically bankrupt Tesla. It would make me smile to see that pompous, pretentious and condescending autocrat lose his precious Tesla due to his own myopic vision.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-Gene ... Tesla.html
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.

Return to “World”