Electric cars/Tesla/Solar power

hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Re: Electric cars/Tesla/Solar power

Post by hobbyguy »

Queen K wrote:https://www.caranddriver.com/chevrolet/volt

That's actually the best vehicle for the transition period. Not range restricted, but a very clean compromise. At least until something like aluminum-ion batteries comes along - over double the energy density of lithium-ion batteries IF they can make them work commercially.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Our friend drives one now. A very nice vehicle if I do say so.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

My neighbour's son came to visit from Vancouver and I asked him for a demo ride in his Tesla. WOW! What a ride it was. The acceleration would slam my head back against the headrest. It was weird do experience that without an engine noise.
It was a great experience. The problem that he told me about was that he had to stop for a 2 hour lunch in Kamloops to recharge.
They may be great for in town, but no good for a road trip that takes 4 hours. Neat car though.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

I’m sure it was fun. Glad to know the vehicle didn’t instantaneously combust ;-)
Once a solid state polymer lithium battery is available then that’ll improve range quite a bit. It’d be nice to get away from lithium altogether but in due time it will happen. It is likely my next car will be EV if new battery tech comes together. Toyota is hoping to ship solid state battery EVs for 2022.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

maryjane48 wrote:https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ups-tesla-orders/ups-pre-orders-125-tesla-electric-semi-trucks-largest-order-yet-idUSKBN1ED1QM

Ups reserves 150 tesla,trucks

How many Model 3 reservations have been cancelled? Oh yeah, 63 000 :up:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Lets see proof of the cancelations . :smt045
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.recode. ... -elon-musk

Turns out its because of wait times .he still has over 400 000 orders. For model 3

So reality is you are misrepresenting the facts to try and fit it into your fantasy .

Tsk tsk

But elon wouldnt look down on you he would just think how,sad to live in the past when future. Is already here :130:
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

maryjane48 wrote:https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.recode.net/platform/amp/2017/8/2/16087432/tesla-model-3-electric-car-manufacture-preorder-cancellations-elon-musk

Turns out its because of wait times .he still has over 400 000 orders. For model 3

So reality is you are misrepresenting the facts to try and fit it into your fantasy .

Tsk tsk

But elon wouldnt look down on you he would just think how,sad to live in the past when future. Is already here :130:

Umm we all know why the orders are being cancelled.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

maryjane48 wrote:https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.recode.net/platform/amp/2017/8/2/16087432/tesla-model-3-electric-car-manufacture-preorder-cancellations-elon-musk

Tsk tsk

What’s misrepresented? 63000 orders have been cancelled. Why is irrelevant.

Fact is that over 15% of orders to date went bye bye and until Tesla’s truck actually is produced, delivered l, on the road and making money for the customer - orders mean nothing.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Imagine dodge had 15 percent of orders cancelled. The news would say its over . Dodge is done . How does tesla survive this
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Jflem1983 wrote:Imagine dodge had 15 percent of orders cancelled. The news would say its over . Dodge is done . How does tesla survive this

Imagine if you or I had 15% of our Castanet posts *deleted* ie. cancelled by moderators. It wouldn't take long before the permaban took place, and we'd be done.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Idle thought.....

If I drove an EV, I'd need to be playing NASCAR or World Rallye Car sounds
through the stereo.
Maybe The sounds of a V8 @ Pikes Peak.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
alanjh595
Banned