Million plus electric cars

Re: Million plus electric cars

Postby The Green Barbarian » Jun 28th, 2016, 5:15 pm

maryjane48 wrote:the future of transportation is on verge of as big a change as gas did to horses . you cant stop progress . but it is amusing to observe time to time

Its amusing to observe those who don't understand basic economics make really really bad prognostications on the future. Until the world wakes up and realizes that nuclear energy is the only way to go and the silly cry baby doomsayers stop trying to block actual progress, we are stuck with oil.
Not sure why I bother with a signature as it seems to just randomly disappear on a regular basis. Especially if it offends liberal snowflakes.

looking4one likes this post.
The Green Barbarian
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 11106 posts

Postby Ub2 » Jun 28th, 2016, 5:45 pm

Hmmm . . . no batteries, but is it practical.

In Sweden, a small stretch of "electric highway" has opened for business. Co-developed by truck-maker Scania and German engineering firm Siemens, the system is said to cut energy consumption by half and can use potentially zero fossil fuels.

The so-called eHighway consists of trucks equipped with a pantograph, which employs a pair of overhead wires much like some cities' electric streetcars or buses. However, this new system, reports Gas2, uses advanced sensors that can connect and disconnect the wires at up to 55 mph. The advantage is that the trucks have the flexibility to use non-pantograph roads when they need to.

The eHighway currently runs just two kilometers (1.2 miles) long, so the trucks will operate with a diesel-hybrid system when outside of the zone. Jalopnik reports that Sweden hopes to extend that distance to 110 kilometers (68 miles) eventually. The program is still very much in an experimental phase. The researchers intend to gather data for two years before adapting it for more widespread commercial use.

The project is part of Sweden's goal of a transportation system that's free of fossil fuels by 2030. Gas2 also mentions that Siemens has a similar program

Read more: http://www.leftlanenews.com/sweden-star ... z4CvcyfCzF

maryjane48 likes this post.
Ub2
Board Meister

Liked in: 330 posts

Postby maryjane48 » Jun 28th, 2016, 5:48 pm

wow thats great idea . things are changing at faster rate then we can keep up . the best thing is these new modes of transportation will create longterm jobs
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 2496 posts

Postby Even Steven » Jun 28th, 2016, 5:57 pm

2 people like this post.
Even Steven
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1406 posts

Postby Ub2 » Jun 28th, 2016, 6:10 pm

Yep, what's old is new again. May be we were always green after all.
Ub2
Board Meister

Postby Ub2 » Jun 28th, 2016, 6:11 pm

maryjane48 wrote:wow thats great idea . things are changing at faster rate then we can keep up . the best thing is these new modes of transportation will create longterm jobs

See, there ya' go -- you can have nuclear powered trucks.
Ub2
Board Meister

Postby looking4one » Jun 28th, 2016, 6:33 pm

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
looking4one
Übergod

Liked in: 529 posts

Postby Queen K » Nov 6th, 2017, 6:32 am

Well if the gas companies lobbyists have their way, this new bill in Congress will kill the electric car tax credit and do away with the middle class or marginal buyer, which basically sinks the market for electric vehicles.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/03/technol ... index.html

Yes, there is a real battle out there for the consumer's dollars.
The NDP Government: 2017 thread is not in the Bickering Room. Money can't buy what I want for Christmas.

maryjane48 likes this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 9471 posts

Postby Jlabute » Nov 11th, 2017, 10:31 am

Tesla has already shipped 200,000 vehicles which is another reason why Tesla would lose their tax credit.
In response, Tesla shares have dipped enormously because of the tax credit expiration, AND they can’t make the Model 3 to get them out the door. Stocks slumped and financial sites are saying Tesla is approaching a terminal decline. I admit, the Tesla is a sexy car, but ya got to be able to make them at an affordable cost to consumers. Now they will be $7500 more. Battery material shortages hurts the whole industry. They definitely need new and better battery tech. Hopefully Tesla can hang in. You still need oil though to make and drive a Tesla... I’d like to see something like in the movie I Robot. That’d be cooooler. Tesla has lots of work to do on their self-driving tech as well. Something kind of funny, I ask my wife to try out CurrentTaxi and she’s too afraid.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4122890-tesla-approaches-terminal-decline

Solar City too is slumped over a desk from an aneurysm.
https://www.fool.com/investing/2017/10/18/solarcity-teslas-solar-boondoggle.aspx
I do diligence and sometimes diligence does me.
Jlabute
Übergod

Liked in: 617 posts

Postby Dizzy1 » Nov 12th, 2017, 3:27 pm

Queen K wrote:Well if the gas companies lobbyists have their way, this new bill in Congress will kill the electric car tax credit and do away with the middle class or marginal buyer, which basically sinks the market for electric vehicles.

And that’s all it is - a battle for consumer dollars.

The EVs biggest market share are those who are buying under the false pretences that they’ll be saving a ton of money and be able to “fill up” for free.

Just like gas vs diesel - one needs to really do their homework and crunch numbers if one wants to save money.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 4431 posts

Postby lesliepaul » Nov 12th, 2017, 9:38 pm

Dizzy1 wrote:
Queen K wrote:Well if the gas companies lobbyists have their way, this new bill in Congress will kill the electric car tax credit and do away with the middle class or marginal buyer, which basically sinks the market for electric vehicles.

And that’s all it is - a battle for consumer dollars.

The EVs biggest market share are those who are buying under the false pretences that they’ll be saving a ton of money and be able to “fill up” for free.

Just like gas vs diesel - one needs to really do their homework and crunch numbers if one wants to save money.

Crunched numbers my whole life to save money...........guess what...........no electric vehicle.........EVER!

Dizzy1 likes this post.
lesliepaul
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 746 posts

Postby Ken7 » Nov 18th, 2017, 9:13 pm

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/06/20/ ... e-driving/

Tesla car battery production releases as much CO2 as 8 years of gasoline driving, so what is the benefit of electric driven cars if this is fact?
Ken7
Guru

Liked in: 1937 posts

Postby maryjane48 » Nov 18th, 2017, 9:53 pm

Are. You implying you dont know why car exaust is bad ? :smt045
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 2496 posts

Postby stuphoto » Nov 19th, 2017, 9:05 am

Jlabute wrote:Tesla has already shipped 200,000 vehicles which is another reason why Tesla would lose their tax credit.
In response, Tesla shares have dipped enormously because of the tax credit expiration, AND they can’t make the Model 3 to get them out the door. Stocks slumped and financial sites are saying Tesla is approaching a terminal decline. I admit, the Tesla is a sexy car, but ya got to be able to make them at an affordable cost to consumers. Now they will be $7500 more. Battery material shortages hurts the whole industry. They definitely need new and better battery tech. Hopefully Tesla can hang in. You still need oil though to make and drive a Tesla... I’d like to see something like in the movie I Robot. That’d be cooooler. Tesla has lots of work to do on their self-driving tech as well. Something kind of funny, I ask my wife to try out CurrentTaxi and she’s too afraid.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4122890-tesla-approaches-terminal-decline

Solar City too is slumped over a desk from an aneurysm.
https://www.fool.com/investing/2017/10/18/solarcity-teslas-solar-boondoggle.aspx

It took Ford Motor Company 114 years to get where they are today, and they also had problems along the way.

Whereas Tesla is now 14 years old.
Give them time, and they will get past these hiccups.

As for self driving cars. They still aren't perfect, and may never be. Then again there will never be a perfect human driver.
I love this story. https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.bloombe ... ith-robots
More or less, a self driving taxi was in an accident because it didn't know what to do when a commercial truck stopped and tried backing down an alley.
In the cars defense, the truck driver should have never backed up without knowing it was clear behind.
However most humans would have known something was wrong and reacted in some way. Probably avoiding the accident.
stuphoto
Fledgling

Liked in: 165 posts

Postby Jlabute » Nov 19th, 2017, 11:18 am

maryjane48 wrote:Are. You implying you dont know why car exaust is bad ? :smt045

Industry exhaust is the same and each Tesla battery manufactured gives you 8 years worth of exhaust. So, if you need a new battery after 8 years anyways, it defeats the purpose... especially if your electricity sources are non-green, then you’re more of a polluter than someone with a gas car.
I do diligence and sometimes diligence does me.

Ken7 likes this post.
Jlabute
Übergod

Liked in: 617 posts

PreviousNext

Return to World