Jflem1983
Guru

Re: Electric cars/Tesla/Solar power

Post by Jflem1983 »

Tesla, Inc. Real Time Stock Quotes

$329.2

0.22  0.07%

12/21/2017 9:13:43 AM | Real-Time

Here we go again. What is driving the stock so high. This looks like Bre-X redux
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

http://www.cbc.ca/1.4459955

Sask lokking towards,electric cars,
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

maryjane48 wrote:http://www.cbc.ca/1.4459955

Sask will be tough for Electrics. Really cold and windy. Huge distances between towns. Good luck in Sask. If the electrics work there they will work anywhere .

Im all for electric vehicles if they work as good as what we got not
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Jflem1983 wrote:Sask will be tough for Electrics. Really cold and windy. Huge distances between towns.

For in City, should not be an issue, maybe in the coldest of days, some.

For highway work, yup, The Prairie winds will kill them quickly.

As far as huge distances betwixt towns, I never new 13K was a huge distance.

Check a map......(not to be taken in the context of insult) :130:

If I remember right, The University of Saskatchewan has been using elecric vehicles
in the form of glorified golf carts, on Campus, for Campus Staff for close to 20 years.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

maryjane48 wrote:http://www.cbc.ca/1.4459955

"It isn't for everyone, but neither is a big truck or an SUV," said Ronald Jones, principal owner and manager at Evergreen Nissan in Prince Albert.

In cases of extreme cold, he estimates the Leaf's battery would lose about 25 per cent of its battery life.

"It's like an iPhone or anything like that. Your battery doesn't last as long in the cold," Jones said.

However, Jones said the batteries perform worse at 30 C temperatures, rather than –30 C, because they can overheat.

Jerilyn Nixon purchased a used 2014 Nissan Leaf in September and said the cold weather does affect the battery. Her car doesn't have the extra battery coverage available to some of the Leafs. She said she'll have around 80 kilometres of range with a full charge on a extremely cold day, compared to about 130 kilometres of range on an average day.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Teslas,first pick up will be bigger than f 150
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

maryjane48 wrote:Teslas,first pick up will be bigger than f 150

Large pickups already have a hell of a time in packed parking lots, making them bigger owners will cursing even more.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

maryjane48 wrote:Teslas,first pick up will be bigger than f 150

And? :138:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

If I needed more money to continue my outrageous burn rate, I would announce new products and display pretty renderings and ask for deposits. I think Tesla has delivered 700 Model 3 cars, rather than 20,000 per month as promised. Now Tesla is 10B+ in debt and still can’t deliver roofs, cars or anything. How long can this continue?
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Not long.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

And then there is...Hyperloop.
Another Elon Musk idea, coming forth with 10's of Millions (80ish) of investment funds already.
https://hyperloop-one.com/

Not electric or solar but, magnetic.
Reduces a two plus hour drive to a few minutes.

or
Vancouver to Toronto
https://hyperloop-one.com/route-estimat ... avel-times
Last edited by dirtybiker on Dec 29th, 2017, 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

dirtybiker wrote:And then there is...Hyperloop.
Another Elon Lusk idea, coming forth with 10's of Millions (80ish) of investment funds already.
https://hyperloop-one.com/

Not electric or solar but, magnetic.
Reduces a two plus hour drive to a few minutes.

or
Vancouver to Toronto
https://hyperloop-one.com/route-estimat ... avel-times

Would be a great target for antifa

Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Actually, hyperloop is a linear accelerator moving inexpensive sealed, air-bearing capsules in an atmospheric reduced tube. The system is electro-magnets powered by 285MW of solar panels on top of the tubes with a grid connection and battery storage. The capsule will have an air storage system to counteract any leaks. Each capsule will have an air compressor to enable vacuum control in the tube. The tube is theoretically 1/6th the atmopheric pressure of mars, or being at an altitude of 150,000 ft.

P.36. http://www.spacex.com/sites/spacex/files/hyperloop_alpha.pdf
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Jlabute wrote:If I needed more money to continue my outrageous burn rate, I would announce new products and display pretty renderings and ask for deposits. I think Tesla has delivered 700 Model 3 cars, rather than 20,000 per month as promised. Now Tesla is 10B+ in debt and still can’t deliver roofs, cars or anything. How long can this continue?

They paid back their govt loan and didnt need a bail out and hire american labour
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

maryjane48 wrote:They paid back their govt loan and didnt need a bail out and hire american labour

If Tesla can survive for several more years and grows - that American Labour will be outsourced to other countries as well - Tesla is no exception to the dynamics of economics. If Tesla doesn't smarten up and survive, well, then all that American Labour will be in the UI line.

Off topic a bit, but since it was bought up. I have a question for MJ - since you brought up the argument that Tesla uses American Labour, what is your views on foreign manufacturers outsourcing jobs to the US?
Last edited by Dizzy1 on Dec 27th, 2017, 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “World”