Brock Turner- Rapist

rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Brock Turner- Rapist

Post by rustled »

rustled wrote:Fair enough, and I'm all for accuracy. But what term would you use to describe someone convicted of what he was convicted of? Sexual offender seems too vague to me, it could mean any number of things from flashing to pedophilia.

pepsilover wrote:Curious, you don't care about 'accuracy' or words when it comes to the sexual offender's list, so why all the scrutiny about words in a discussion on an internet forum? Sounds hypocritical and fish-wifey to me.

Dieseluphammerdown and I were engaged in a civil conversation, because I was genuinely interested in his point of view, and he seemed genuinely interested in considering mine. It's important to me to try to understand all angles of an issue, to be open to the possibility that someone has a point of view that I had not yet considered. Perhaps this sounds hypocritical, but that's probably just because I try to keep an open mind about everything. I think the point of a public forum is to explore the opinions of others, not to try to stomp them out.

With this particular issue, emotions run a little high but I do try to post in a calm, rational manner. I promise I'll do my best to avoid sounding fish-wifey in the future. :D
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

no one is a man hater here...we're hating sexual predators..whether they be a male or female..

people are *bleep* because this criminal was caught in a criminal act and he got a very light sentence..

wonder how many more times would have he done this, if he wasn't caught ?? 1, 5, 10 more times ???

and there was a question asked a few pages back on how a woman could get this drunk...in the documentary "The Hunting Grounds" the victims said the guys on campuses like to spike the drinks with Everclear..

Everclear is a very potent alcohol..roofies are also very popular with sexual predators...
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

dieseluphammerdown wrote:No ones defending him.!
He was never convicted as a rapist though, something you and others want to label him as.!
He was convicted of sexual assault not RAPE.
And what difference does it make whether pepsilover is a women or man?
Are women not supposed to have their own opinion in your mind? are they blindly just supposed to follow along and not think for themselves.?
Why should pepsilover just follow along with you and the rest of the lynch mob mentality posters on here? Because she is a women?
I guess you don't think women are capable of forming their own opinion all by themselves.?
Or do you expect her to be a man hater like so many other female posters come across as on here.?

No, he was not charged with rape ...that does not mean he did not rape.
He raped that girl, by definition of the word itself...it was rape.
Just because his high paid lawyers were able to negotiate their way to a lesser charge, doesn't make his crime any less disgusting...or any less of a rape.

Showing an ounce of compassion or sympathy for this jerk is beyond belief...and yes, he is being defended here...whether that is the intention or not.

I don't see any man haters...or any comments suggesting that men are hated.
Real men don't rape girls behind dumpsters ...especially when they are unconscious.

Women are most certainly entitled to their own opinions.....but if we start to victim blame or second guess rape victims.....we are setting our own humanity back decades.
Like it or not....women are more vulnerable to being abused, attacked and raped...and other women should feel that vulnerability and connection to the victim more than a man....based on biology.

Return to “World”