Watch list ?

occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Watch list ?

Post by occasional thoughts »

Incredible, but apparently true. The trouble with the hatemongers is that by definition, every "sodomite" is the product of a heterosexual act. So there's something wrong that originates in the heterosexual world that's causing the gay proclivity. I wonder if these so-called pastors would agree to abort homosexual fetuses if we ever discover a way of discerning such while in the womb. Obviously they feel that homosexuality is an aberration that should be met with execution.

What about former U.S. V-P Dick Cheney's daughter? Does he love her, or would he wish her dead, and thank the person who did the deed? Although I guess that women can't be *bleep* per se. Didn't Pres. Reagan have a "gay" son? Did he wish him dead?
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

The Green Barbarian wrote:yup he should. Just as anyone who incites violence should be.
Lets not forget to also include all the bloody Muslim extremist sympathisers we keep hearing from.
To me they are just as big of threat as anybody out there.
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I believe when personal rights and freedoms start to trump the safety of the population in general we have a problem. With the changes going on in the world such as the ever increasing mobility of people, shrinking of the world we are going to have to give up some privacy and freedom in the name of safety. The internet has greatly increased these problems due to all the garbage that is there to influence people on the edge. That along with people like these preachers, preaching hatred and actual killing creates a feeding ground for anyone with tendencies towards these kind of actions. I believe they should somehow be added to the watch list in such a way as to keep track of their actions and see how far they are going in promoting this kind of hatred. Somehow watch for people who are feeding off of it. It is just as important for all of us to have our eyes and ears open for any indications of this kind of thing. We should spend our time trying to aid in the protection of our freedoms not trying to handicap the people whose job it is to protect them. The people spewing this garbage are a definite threat to those freedoms and need to be watched in on a regular basis.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

dieseluphammerdown wrote:Lets not forget to also include all the bloody Muslim extremist sympathisers we keep hearing from.

Woop, there it is... That sure didn't take long.

Don't know who you are hanging out with that are "Extremist sympathizers", as I have never even seen or heard from one. Maybe you should get some new friends..
hail Satan y'all
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Diesel, do you find there's a lot of extremist Muslim sympathizers on the forums? I don't find there's a lot if any when you use the word "sympathizer" modified by the word "extremist" whether Muslim, Christian, Sikh or atheist or anyone else.
icanthearyou
Fledgling

Post by icanthearyou »

dieseluphammerdown wrote:Lets not forget to also include all the bloody Muslim extremist sympathisers we keep hearing from.

such as...? name and shame!!
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

The watch list should be about Christians, Atheists, Muslims, KKK or anyone who is a threat. Islam/Muslim tops the list in my mind also but the main criteria should be the threat the person poses not their religion. To me the Baptist priest in Sacramento is as dangerous as any Muslim.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Yes, the fundamental building block about not discriminating; individuals, not groups including religions, faiths, sects, you name it. We know there is (was) actual lethal violence in the anti-abortion crowd, I don't know if the anti-gay crowd is in the same boat, but something or someone was influencing that 20-year-old arrested in California the other day on the way to a gay event e.g. Scary crazy world.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

It seems like there are a lot of people out there just trying to influence any lost soul they can to do terrible things. Most of these people believe in what they are saying but that does not make it any less disgusting.

Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rosemary1 »

Those who instigate hatred and violence through influence and manipulation of others or threaten to personally commit violence should both be on a watch list . The degree and type of monitoring and prioritization may vary with assessed level of threat each pose, but neither should be ignored.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Rosemary1 wrote:Those who instigate hatred and violence through influence and manipulation of others or threaten to personally commit violence should both be on a watch list . The degree and type of monitoring and prioritization may vary with assessed level of threat each pose, but neither should be ignored.

I absolutely agree that it shouldn't be ignored, but the watch list should be reserved for high risk offenders. Can you imagine how ineffective and extensive a watch list would be if they added the people that publicly spread hate speech, and others who agree with it?
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Smurf wrote:I believe when personal rights and freedoms start to trump the safety of the population in general we have a problem. With the changes going on in the world such as the ever increasing mobility of people, shrinking of the world we are going to have to give up some privacy and freedom in the name of safety. The internet has greatly increased these problems due to all the garbage that is there to influence people on the edge. That along with people like these preachers, preaching hatred and actual killing creates a feeding ground for anyone with tendencies towards these kind of actions. I believe they should somehow be added to the watch list in such a way as to keep track of their actions and see how far they are going in promoting this kind of hatred. Somehow watch for people who are feeding off of it. It is just as important for all of us to have our eyes and ears open for any indications of this kind of thing. We should spend our time trying to aid in the protection of our freedoms not trying to handicap the people whose job it is to protect them. The people spewing this garbage are a definite threat to those freedoms and need to be watched in on a regular basis.

wrong . once you give up charter rights you are on the road to slavery . plus more importantly its showing weakness to who ever might be a threat . they win we lose
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Wrong, MJ if we keep handicapping the people that are trying to protect us we are going to loose a lot more freedoms than what we are discussing. What we are discussing truly mean nothing to the great majority of people but if we continue to give criminals the upper hand we are going to see some serious loss of some real freedoms. How would you like to start seeing some of the tragedies of the US or Europe coming to Canada. We are not immune and we have to look after it very carefully.

I do not even want to see one more attack happen in Canada do you.

I want the officials to be able to track and investigate any potential threats don't you..

occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

I'm surprised that Canada has not been hit by terrorism worse than we have seen to date. We have enough refugees from regions whose second generations, even those born here, which are prone to so-called self-radicalization and definitely do not share our historical values and goals to sink a few ships.

The trouble with giving up basic rights and freedoms is that governments, and they could be our siblings or your sons and daughters, tend to like to hold on to those prerogatives.

Return to “World”