Unrest in Mexico

Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Unrest in Mexico

Post by Lady tehMa »

http://www.castanet.net/news/World/168715/teachers-clash-with-police

My daughter did an exchange there, last year, one of her friends texted her absolutely terrified. It seems the girl feels "the government is going to kill all the protestors".
I haven't failed until I quit.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Unrest in Mexico

Post by dontrump »

My daughter did an exchange there, last year, one of her friends texted her absolutely terrified. It seems the girl feels "the government is going to kill all the protestors".

well they killed 43 students lat year and no one really did a thing one way or thouther
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

And this is just a question but what are you looking for here?

Definitely don't understand.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

mexicalidreamer wrote:And this is just a question but what are you looking for here?

Agreed, and if they are protesting and risk getting killed....wouldn't most people just stop???
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

mexicalidreamer wrote:And this is just a question but what are you looking for here?

Information. I don't understand what really is happening down there. I was hoping someone who was down there or goes down there on a regular basis might offer some insight.

I really don't understand how a teachers strike can get so violent. I mean, yeah, our teachers get really cranky when they're on strike and so does the government; but killing?
I haven't failed until I quit.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

To me it's a matter of the word "union."

Big interests in Mexico would rather keep unions out. People who have breathed the word "union" out have been found dead and worse.

That the pro-union leaders have been effectively rounded up and arrested has lead to fears for their safety and human dignity. To me this is what the teachers are protesting against, the loss of those whom have dared to speak of unionization.

Unions mean big things in third World countries, things that North American middle class was built on and are now being undermined. What is going on in Mexico? Another round of brutal pro-union suppression. God Help them all.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I was just at US UNCUT when I read this from a poster who is concerned about Mexico. This is a copy of what he wrote, verbatim, nothing left out:

Thanks Oscar B, I'm borrowing your words: Listen up everyone, here is what Oscar has to say about teachers and citizens in Mexico:

We were concerned about what happened in FRANCE, We are concerned about what is happening in SIRIA, we were concerned about what happened in ORLANDO.

Let me tell you something, in MEXICO our government has been brutally repressing its own citizens, and not only the citizens that talk out loud about them and complain about them, but the citizens who are always fighting for their rights, the rights to be treated as a human being, the same rights you and me want to have for our family. In MEXICO (OAXACA) our government has sent as many federal police enforcement as they could possible have, to stop teachers protesting against education reform, our GOVERNMENT has had killed, injured and disappeared people and you won't notice it because MEDIA won't show you the truth.

I hope one day you realize how important this is for us as society to be united not only in MEXICO but in the entire WORLD. #yabasta #mexico #society #world #OaxacaGrita
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

There is nothing or no one exempt from the temptation of corruption in beloved and benighted Mexico, and it seems the "radical teachers union" is not exempt. Let us not forget that corrupt and Mafia-controlled unions also exist in the U.S. and Canada. Unions are everywhere in Mexico, so this is probably not about union organizing/union busting, but rather about politics and money.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

occasional thoughts wrote: Let us not forget that corrupt and Mafia-controlled unions also exist in the U.S. and Canada. Unions are everywhere in Mexico, so this is probably not about union organizing/union busting, but rather about politics and money.

Yeah and just look at how wonderful unions have been up here for us. Our raw materials get sent to other countries to be made into something, and 90% of our goods come from China, the remainder from Mexico or Taiwan.

Well done unions!
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"

Return to “World”