Ancient divisions with a centre in Turkey

A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Ancient divisions with a centre in Turkey

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

asia minor, turkey, has a very complex past and has seen many civilizations rise and fall. here is an article revealing some details of an ancient genetic past, and a site exploring the peoples of the region known as the luwians.

A federal origin of Stone Age farming

The transition from hunter-gatherer to sedentary farming 10,000 years ago occurred in multiple neighbouring but genetically distinct populations according to research by an international team including UCL.

"It had been widely assumed that these first farmers were from a single, genetically homogeneous population. However, we've found that there were deep genetic differences in these early farming populations, indicating very distinct ancestries," said corresponding author Dr Garrett Hellenthal, UCL Genetics.

The study, published today in Science and funded by Wellcome and Royal Society, examined ancient DNA from some of the world's first farmers from the Zagros region of Iran and found it to be very different from the genomes of early farmers from the Aegean and Europe. The team identified similarities between the Neolithic farmer's DNA and that of living people from southern Asia, including from Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran, and Iranian Zoroastrians in particular.

http://phys.org/news/2016-07-federal-st ... ng.html#ms

This website invites you to a journey into the past, when the so-called Sea Peoples raided the coasts of the Eastern Mediterranean and Greek heroes set off to conquer legendary Troy. The majority of civilizations around the Eastern Mediterranean disappeared within a few years shortly after 1200 BCE. Here you will find for the first time a coherent reconstruction of what might have happened. Instead of natural disasters and unknown invaders, the thus far little-known Luwian people will now assume the pivotal role in triggering this demise. Once their significance is acknowledged, answers to a number of hitherto puzzling questions in Mediterranean Archaeology are likely to fall into place.

http://luwianstudies.org/
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Re: Ancient divisions with a centre in Turkey

Post by averagejoe »

Turkish people originated north of Mongolia.

They filled the vacuum when Hun tribes migrated west after the Huns (Today's Hungarians) signing a peace treaty with China in 217 AD.

As the Huns moved west from Mongolia area.

Turks moved in from the north from Siberia occupying Mongolia till driven out by today's Mongolians.

There Empire was called Gok Turk Empire. They had a east and west divided Empire...

Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

As you can see from this Turkish Language map. You can see in red where the Turks originated....

Last edited by averagejoe on Jul 15th, 2016, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Is it just a coincidence that Turkey is having a coup right now?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

here is the study that underpins the article in the op.

The earliest evidence for cultivation and stock-keeping is found in the Neolithic core zone of the Fertile Crescent (1, 2); a region stretching north from the southern Levant through E-Anatolia and N-Mesopotamia then east into the Zagros Mountains on the border of modern-day Iran and Iraq (Fig. 1). From there farming spread into surrounding regions, including Anatolia and later Europe, southern Asia, and parts of Arabia and N-Africa. Whether the transition to agriculture was a homogeneous process across the core zone, or a mosaic of localized domestications is unknown. Likewise, the extent to which core zone farming populations were genetically homogeneous, or exhibited structure that may have been preserved as agriculture spread into surrounding regions, is undetermined.

http://science.sciencemag.org/content/e ... f7943.full
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Is it just a coincidence that Turkey is having a coup right now?

Hell, no! No it is not. What a diversion eh?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “World”