NBA Pulling All-Star Game from Charlotte, NC

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

NBA Pulling All-Star Game from Charlotte, NC

Post by maryjane48 »

The NBA showed its commitment to equality once again by pulling the All-Star game from Charlotte, North Carolina, due to a controversial transgender bill, as The Vertical's Adrian Wojnarowski reported Thursday.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/26 ... =editorial

nc might be bankrupt by time they come back go reality
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: NBA Pulling All-Star Game from Charlotte, NC

Post by dontrump »

its all about PC and the $$$$$$ If they stood to make big $$$$$$ they would go but because there is no personal gain
and the leftys of the world put so much pressure on outfits like the NBA they do chicken S things like this
put another way if they go they are scared they will loose money overall in the NBA if they stood to gain huge $$$$$
believe you me they would not pull the game
I guess what iam saying is the reason they give is just a lame excuse and not for real whats for real is the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
icanthearyou
Fledgling

Post by icanthearyou »

dontrump wrote:its all about PC and the $$$$$$ If they stood to make big $$$$$$ they would go but because there is no personal gain
and the leftys of the world put so much pressure on outfits like the NBA they do chicken S things like this
put another way if they go they are scared they will loose money overall in the NBA if they stood to gain huge $$$$$
I guess what iam saying is the reason they give is just a lame excuse and not for real whats for real is the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

:laugh:
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

dontrump wrote:its all about PC and the $$$$$$ If they stood to make big $$$$$$ they would go but because there is no personal gain

While I do agree that most businesses do things only for money, the NBA isn't the only business, artist, author, and even movie that has cancelled due to the discriminatory laws placed by Charlotte.

I don't think it has anything to do with pressure from the left, but just common sense. Why would a business/band/movie/author/etc want to support an area that is turning back the clock for the rights of the LGBTQ community? While it may be about money, it also shows support for a oppressed population.

I personally am a big NBA fan, and am happy to see the NBA standing up.
hail Satan y'all

Return to “World”