Trump and the white supremists

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Trump and the white supremists

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Jonrox wrote:It seems to me the people arguing that everything needs to be followed to the letter of the law when it comes to rights are the same ones who argued that Omar Khadr's rights didn't matter when he was paid his settlement.

There's quite a double standard going on here and it's quite telling.

what's telling is that you totally didn't understand why people were angry about the Khadr situation. Not everyone who has their rights violated automatically wins the lottery. Khadr being brought back to Canada was what the Supreme Court said should be done, and this was done. No where did they say "hand this clown $10.5 million". No where.

The double standard going on here that is "quite telling" is that there was hate being demonstrated by both sides, but when anyone tries to point that out, they are automatically labeled. Why is that? Why is Anti-Fa being protected? Why is their hate ok?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 17th, 2017, 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Jonrox wrote:*removed*

Not at all. If you wanted to actually use my past words against me with something I'd consider a decent argument, you'd say this:

fvk, you've said in the past that Khadr shouldn't have rights as a Canadian because he fought against us and our allies. He basically forfeited his Canadian rights by being a terrorist.

So in this situation, I'd say that neo-nazi's forfeit their 1st ammendment rights on the basis that they're hate filled domestic terrorists.

Then I'd say: Interesting take. The biggest difference though is that Khadr is on video making IED bombs and is alleged to kill someone. His actions were against Canada, in another country and his treatment was done by another country, in another country and I don't know if his rights exist in that situation. In Virginia, Until the left side showed up, the 1st amendment protest by the right had been going peaceful. It was legal.

Then maybe you could say:
Protests are legal until you threaten or imply violence. Some of the hate speech touted and the fact that the protesters on the right brought shields and weapons, negates their peaceful protest.

Then I'd say: Good point. I can't really argue that.

Sadly, I can out debate myself better than you can
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 18th, 2017, 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Jonrox wrote:There ya go. I made you realize your hypocrisy... like I said. Glad I could be of service.

Off topic personal attack

The counter argument is that Khadr loses citizenship and doesn't get a payout so the neo-nazi's get their rally canceled and go to jail for hate speech. That't not hypocrisy. That's applying my argument to both situations.
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Aug 17th, 2017, 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spooker

Post by spooker »

For those who claim that the neo-Nazis and white supremacists were legally there ... pretty much as soon as they opened their mouths they were in violation of federal hate speech laws ... hate speech is not protected by the first amendment and the reason it isn't is that it has been found to provoke violence ...

Yes, you can say whatever you want to ... but once it crosses the line by verbally attacking another group based on race, religion, ethnicity, or gender ... then you lose ...

The right can go "poor me" now that they've been attacked by people who knew they were going to be provoked ... but most people can see through that facade and know that white supremacists and neo-Nazis are just plain wrong and should have stayed home to chant to themselves in the basement ...
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.cnn.com ... index.html

fox news ceo says no such thing as a good nazi
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 18th, 2017, 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Off Topic
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Aug 18th, 2017, 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

Vice in Charlottesville.

hail Satan y'all
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Should be interesting to see if forcing Bannon to resign today will effect the right's support of Trump because where Bannon goes, Breitbart follows. May split his hardcore base right down the middle if Bannon seeks revenge.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

whatwhat wrote:Vice in Charlottesville.

I can't even...just listening to that person speak, the things he says...how could people defend this? Or follow this?
You hear the words "sick, disgusting vile" thrown around a lot on these forums. Overused acronyms to the point they have no meaning. What words are left for this? What words do you have for people who think they're justified in murder and hatred? Who flaunt their desire to maime and persecute. When all the worst acronyms have already been used...to refer to things like a brush with a prime minister's elbow, or a child in a war zone trying to survive. Or any man who has ever run on a platform of helping those in need...What words do you have left for people like these?
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

A few days later Cantwell changes his tactic and is suddenly the victim. What a joke. If there was an Alex Jones inspired drama queen award I think we'd have a winner.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

i would love have few minutes with mr cantwell . . Potentially libelous
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Aug 18th, 2017, 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."

Return to “World”