20 Months, 90 Bankruptcies In North-American Oil & Gas

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

A report published earlier this month by Haynes and Boone found that ninety gas and oil producers in the United States (US) and Canada have filed for bankruptcy from 3 January, 2015 to 1 August, 2016.

Approximately US$66.5 billion in aggregate debt has been declared in dozens of bankruptcy cases including Chapter 7, Chapter 11 and Chapter 15, based on the analysis from the international corporate law firm.

Texas leads the number of bankruptcy filings with 44 during the time period measured by Haynes and Boone, and also has the largest number of debt declared in courts with around US$29.5 billion.

Forty-two energy companies filed bankruptcy in 2015 and declared approximately US$17.85 billion in defaulted debt. The costliest bankruptcy filing last year occurred in September when Samson Resources filed for Chapter 11 protection with an accumulated debt of roughly US$4.2 billion.

http://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/ ... l-Gas.html
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: 20 Months, 90 Bankruptcies In North-American Oil & Gas

Post by Dizzy1 »

And other companies scooped up their assets. The world of business, there are always losers and winners.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Dizzy1 wrote:And other companies scooped up their assets. The world of business, there are always losers and winners.

You seem to for get as others, the financial affect on those who were employed by these companies. :135:
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

averagejoe wrote:
You seem to for get as others, the financial affect on those who were employed by these companies. :135:

You mean like what happened to the workers for each of Donald Trumps companies that went bankrupt?
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

averagejoe wrote:You seem to for get as others, the financial affect on those who were employed by these companies. :135:

And you seem to forget, the financial affect on those who are employed by the companies that picked up the assets. Like I said, winners and losers.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Jobs come & jobs go, the days of working for same employer for 20+ years (with the exception of government) are rare if at all.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

GordonH wrote:Jobs come & jobs go, the days of working for same employer for 20+ years (with the exception of government) are rare if at all.

really ?? what about Tolko -BC Hydro- BC gas(fortis) Telus- safeway- motor vehicle dealerships -
and on and on and on Hundreds of companys still going strong and thousands of workers work for same companys for well over 20 years
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Bc gas is not fortis
manmade
Fledgling

Post by manmade »

*Removed
Last edited by Frisk on Aug 13th, 2016, 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: This isn't grammar class
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

maryjane48 wrote:Bc gas is not fortis

2003 BC gas became Terasen
2007 Terasen was purchased by Fortis, so yes BC gas is Fortis.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

maryjane48 wrote:Bc gas is not fortis

yes it is
BC gas sold to out to terasen and eventually fortis bought them out

Return to “World”