Terrence Crutcher; Hands up not enough?

dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Terrence Crutcher; Hands up not enough?

Post by dontrump »

Just like the Brown case people start yapping what a great kid,full of love and honesty,going to go to university yada yada
truth was he just beat up a litte Korean guy and stole a box of cigars and was a known bully and a pot head amung other things.I still say the cop should have been charged in this case but again its seems all the people whom get wounded or killed in these cops stand offs are never the ""mother Teresa,s"" that all the blacks try and paint them as after the fact
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

the truth wrote:sounds like he had a gun http://www.cnn.com/videos/justice/2016/ ... o-book.cnn

this is the other guy. the one that was pointing a "book" at an officer. it's why all the riots are going on in Charlotte, NC right now.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

my bad soory , delete my post :up:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

There is a clear break in protocol when 2 of 3 officers decide simultaneously to deploy weapopns, one non-lethal and one lethal.Someone mentioned that the female cop appeared to be scared. Hard to say for sure but she didn't look confident.

That he has a record is irrelevant when the police don't know that. Anything they find out after the fact is just that. After the fact and could not have influenced the outcome.

This cop effed up. She paniced and this dude, good or bad, is dead. MAybe the world is better off without him but not in this way. The police have no courage anymore. They reach for their guns like it is an extension of their hands.

Some of you seem to think it's OK to be killed for simply not listening or for being emotional. Remember the guy who was arrested and beaten for trying to get the police to listen to him when he was trying to get his wife to the hospital? she delivers in the car and the baby was in danger of not making it.

There is no common sense and no courage on the force anymore. It's shoot.

Might as well take the tazers away from them all and make room for another gun.

People who have no reason to be afraid of the police are now.

A few years ago, even the police were telling people that if you are suspicious about an officer not being legit who is trying to pull you over, you should drive to the nearest police sation or public area with your flashers on for your own safety.

Problem is, if you did that today, you'de find hell fire raining down on you from every direction and in the air and you would be surrounded by screaming police officers who can't be trusted to keep their fingers off the trigger, like they're trained to do.

The trust is broken. The cops who murdered Robert Dziekanski started that process for us. The Americans have taken it to heart however and it seems like many of them are out of control and ill equipped to be keepers of the peace.

She effed up and knee jerk reaction triggered probably by fear resulted in a mans death.

Listen no further than the voice of one of the men in the chopper who says that "he looks like a bad dude" and "time for a tazerin" or words to that effect. That's the attitude. Not "how do I get this to go my way without killing anyone"

The video Ferri posted is grim. It is also a great example of how police used to handle situations, before the time when their first instinct wasn't to shoot someone. Talk about giving a guy chances and tragically, this situation wound up with the officer being mortally wounded.

That however wasn't the norm. That was anomalous and extreme.

That video cannot be used as the poster for "this is why we freak out whenever you don't immediately obey us".

We've gone from one extreme to the next and people are dying at the hands of police far to often.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Having drugs in his car is meaningful but not in the way some are trying to frame it. The sense of invincibility people who are high on pcp feel absolutely makes him a danger to police who are trained to look for signals that indicate one's state of mind. If he was high, which the autopsy may show, it will validate the officer's assessment of the danger he posed. I understand that getting high does not deserve the death penalty but either does being an officer. The police have every right to protect themselves against someone who's behavior indicated that self preservation was not on his mind.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

As per OP video, police responding to stalled vehicle,,,

Why is the vehicle on the wrong side of the road ?

That alone says there is more to the story.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

driveangry wrote:As per OP video, police responding to stalled vehicle,,,

Why is the vehicle on the wrong side of the road ?

That alone says there is more to the story.

I too wondered why the vehicle was stalled in such a odd spot unless he tried to push it and that's as far as he got?
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Mexi
People who have no reason to be afraid of the police are now.

People should be afraid when guns are pointed at them. Not sure how that's 'now' changed.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Mexi, from one of your posts on the Michael Brown shooting thread. Didn't entirely agree with you at the time but as I said earlier I've changed my stance on this and think it's an excellent post that applies in may ways to this police shooting.

It bothers me when after an incident like this, the victim is portrayed as having been basically one step from sainthood. The photos they have shown for the most part illustrate a young black man who looks nothing like the video of him in the store. he almost looks child like.

Maybe he wasn't the devil but he sure as hell wasn't an angel and he had the size and the attitude to take and do what he wanted.

Seeing him dead may not be the choice of many but I would rather he die than the police officer or worse, innocent bystanders.

We need to get past calling people like him names even if some of them fit. What we need to do is try and work on fixing what is quite obviously broken, that being the relationship between blacks and whites in America.

This *bleep* happens far to often and it isn't good enough anymore to point fingers at the black and Hispanic population which only says that we've given up. That there is no hope for any kind of peace.

No one hates bad guys and A holes more than me but hating them and wishing them dead hasn't worked very well so far.

Black and Hispanic people need to step past the past and stop blaming white people for every wrong thing in the world and white people need to stop looking at them as if they aren't human.

And looting in no way honors the memory of this dead young man which is what many are declaring that this is all about. It is a cowardly crime and if as a black person in America I ever wanted to try and understand why white folk as a rule don't care much for me, all I would need do is look at the videos of the rioters and looters.

These people bring nothing but shame on their race and their culture and somehow, there is a way to make them believe that.

How hard do you think it must be for a black person with ambition in the United States when you have people of your race and culture bent on destruction? Like it isn't hard enough already.

The mother of this kid needs to take a long hard look at the reality that was her son and not simply blame the police for what she sees as basically gunning down an innocent person.

There is more to this than what we know right now and anyone who believes that this guy was standing in the street with his hands in the air needs to think again.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=58278&hilit=Brown+shooting&start=75
Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rosemary1 »

Understand why videos that are evidence cant be released to public as they will be part of full investigation and may only fuel the rush to judgment if not seen in entire context. Too bad that there are some agitators in the community that use any incidences as an excuse to set fires, attack law enforcement, destroy property, break and enter and loot from innocent property owners. It does nothing to help the cause but takes away from efforts of those who are trying to use peaceful protest and dialogue to bring about change.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Police have said Crutcher did not have gun on him or in his vehicle.
The Female cop Shelby has been charged with first degree manslaughter
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

the cop shelby has been charged with manslaughter . about time they started getting this right. innocent or guilty ? who knows but in these types of encounters i think they should have to prove to judge or jury the shooting was justified . that way it is transparent as possible
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Rosemary1 wrote:Understand why videos that are evidence cant be released to public as they will be part of full investigation and may only fuel the rush to judgment if not seen in entire context. Too bad that there are some agitators in the community that use any incidences as an excuse to set fires, attack law enforcement, destroy property, break and enter and loot from innocent property owners. It does nothing to help the cause but takes away from efforts of those who are trying to use peaceful protest and dialogue to bring about change.

imo there are more then a few agitators-watch the news
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

maryjane48 wrote:the cop shelby has been charged with manslaughter . about time they started getting this right. innocent or guilty ? who knows but in these types of encounters i think they should have to prove to judge or jury the shooting was justified . that way it is transparent as possible

mary??? that's how the courts work in case you did not know.The defense lawyer argues it was SD or justified and the prosecutor argues its premediated (non justified)

Return to “World”