UN Facepalm moment

Retrosnap
Board Meister

UN Facepalm moment

Post by Retrosnap »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/wo ... -1.3816155

Good on the 50 staffers who turned their backs during the "ceremony". What's next? The Avengers to replace the Security Council?

The United Nations celebrated Wonder Woman's 75th birthday on Friday by naming the comic book character as its new Honorary Ambassador for the Empowerment of Woman and Girls, despite frustration from both inside and outside the world organization that the spot should go to a real — and less sexualized — woman.
35mm photography is a job, medium format is a skill, large format is a way of life.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: UN Facepalm moment

Post by The Green Barbarian »

The UN - just so full of boneheads.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

I can't see how ANY female UN official would see this as a non-offensive move.

Not only is using a fictional character ridiculous the fact that Wonder Woman's character

is a trumped up unrealistic Barbie Doll sexist image is completely unacceptable!!!

Hollywood Takes Over UN...AGAIN!!!
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Nasturtium
Board Meister

Post by Nasturtium »

Retrosnap wrote:Good on the 50 staffers who turned their backs during the "ceremony". What's next? The Avengers to replace the Security Council?

The United Nations celebrated Wonder Woman's 75th birthday on Friday by naming the comic book character as its new Honorary Ambassador for the Empowerment of Woman and Girls, despite frustration from both inside and outside the world organization that the spot should go to a real — and less sexualized — woman.

No wonder third world countries see the West as a threat - the UN is spoon feeding them with a fork
We leak as rivers
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

The UN is complete garbage. Remind me why Trudeau is planning on killing Canadian soldiers to cozy up with them?

I feel sorry for Lynda Carter. I'm sure there will be vitriol spewed her way. Don't hate her because of the stupid UN.

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 21st, 2016, 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Stop posting pictures please. It's not needed. Thanks.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

*removed*

As for Wonder Woman, you can see why the UN went for it. She's hip and cool and bi-sexual too! I am guessing this comic book is a real hit with teenage boys for some reason.
Last edited by ferri on Oct 21st, 2016, 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Derailing
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

You know what confuses me?

That the corrupt UN would use someone with "The Lasso of Truth."

There's been no truth in the UN for decades.

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 21st, 2016, 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Nasturtium
Board Meister

Post by Nasturtium »

The Green Barbarian wrote:*removed*

As for Wonder Woman, you can see why the UN went for it. She's hip and cool and bi-sexual too! I am guessing this comic book is a real hit with teenage boys for some reason.

I don't recall that Wonderwoman was bi - she certainly wasn't married :135:

Edited to add: As my brother and I had to share TV time - I preferred Batman
We leak as rivers
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Barney Google wrote: a trumped up unrealistic Barbie Doll sexist image is completely unacceptable!!!

There might have once been a time where the UN had a chance of becoming an organization of some bearing and importance. However, we’re talking about a group that has since invited terrorists to sit at their table as members. This latest farce is little surprise. It is sad but the United Nations has no bona fide relevance, nor does it presently deserve any.
Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Pat-Taporter »

Made in America.

The only country that has the exclusive rights to 'manufacturing' 'empowered women.'

Trump can't criticize DC for moving that one offshore, right?
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

LOL, With this type of idiotic thinking and doing Justin will fit right in. No wonder he's pushing to join this group.
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Pat-Taporter »

Ptolemy Soter
Fledgling

Post by Ptolemy Soter »

Worry not. They'll go the way of the LON soon enough.
I am... the law!

Return to “World”