Trump discussion

dirtrider
Lord of the Board

Re: Trump Administration: First Hundred Days and Beyond.

Post by dirtrider »

Ohhhhh look, FOX has to back down and save face yet once again. They are truly the #1 Fake network on the planet. They make Al Jazeera look like 60 Minutes.

Fox pulls Napolitano from air after Trump report

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/fox ... li=AAggNb9
dirtrider
Lord of the Board

Post by dirtrider »

He's such a hypocrite!! I'm surprise he has time to be a President, he's so busy golfing....what a joke, every one of his rounds, at Mar a lago costs the taxpayers 3 million dollars :200: . He doesn't care, it's not on his dime.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/ ... li=AAggFp5
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

dirtrider wrote:Ohhhhh look, FOX has to back down and save face yet once again. They are truly the #1 Fake network on the planet. They make Al Jazeera look like 60 Minutes.

Fox pulls Napolitano from air after Trump report

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/fox ... li=AAggNb9

RT may also give them a run for their money but when it comes to the influence their fake news has on the US I absolutely agree. I posted a while back that having their number one fan tweet their news is finally putting a light on just how toxic Fox news is.

If I had to single out the number one cause for the lowering of political discourse in the US, it would the rise of the Fox News network. Thier assault on the truth wasn't simply for entertainment, it was purposeful, they wanted to create a villain out of liberals and in doing so divided the country.

Regular viewers of their channel become impervious to facts, it's impossible for them to reconcile what they're being told by Fox with reality so they've ditched reality.

I hope Trump continues his habit of getting his news from them because the more he does, the more people might come to understand what a blight this channel has been on thier democracy.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
dirtrider
Lord of the Board

Post by dirtrider »

Trump seems desparate as he goes to his whip hand to threaten the GOP into voting for the Obamacare Lite.....nothing like a last gasp move to put his party in a frenzy.....still not gonna help...I'm sure it won't pass the lower house.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... ch/520275/
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Interesting to see more and more cracks developing on the right wing side of the political spectrum in the US.

The developments at Fox are just part of it. It is heartening to see them trying to move back to a position of credibility in a hurry. Perhaps they are regretting what they have wrought?

This one is interesting: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39338408

"Ms Lahren said: "I'm someone that is for limited government, so I can't sit here and be a hypocrite and say I'm for limited government, but I think that the government should decide what women do with their bodies.

"Stay out of my guns, and you can stay out of my body as well."

Anti-abortion views are seen as fundamental to the US Republican Party platform and conservative political views in the US."

It shows that right wing political correctness (which they always seem to rail about) is starting to come apart. I am reminded of the George Wallace campaign, where an advisor noted that they had all the People, and needed a moderate VP on the ticket to bring in more voters. That coalition of right wing factions is very dependent on right wing political correctness.

We are also seeing the Republican right wing coalition starting to come apart at the seams over the health care bill. The Tea Party types seem to want zero government expenditure, and hang the rest. The Reagan moderates don't want anyone to lose their health care, and the Ayn Rand "you're on your own" Ryan wing can't find a way out.

So it seems that Bannon, in his attempt to "deconstruct the state" is actually winning. With a little help from the Russians, the DNC is chasing its tail. Now the RNC seems lost, and the party does not seem to know what to do with the bus they caught.

I have to wonder if the right wing media has realized that this will likely end badly, and to remain viable they have to start distancing themselves from the various splinter groups and conspiracy theorists.

Democracy, and its pillars, are messy things. I have to wonder if the whole Trump experience is not going to result in the major parties snapping back to the center from their highly polarized positions, and US democracy will be changed for the better. It could go other directions, but it seems to me that Americans value democracy too much for any other outcome.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

What does the left stand for then? McCarthyism, Wall Street, never-socialized medicine and drones? Things we must tolerate if we are to be doled out policies on social issues we like?

While I agree the right is dead, you're fooling yourself if you dont accept neo liberalism is dead as well.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
dirtrider
Lord of the Board

Post by dirtrider »

Atomoa wrote:What does the left stand for then? McCarthyism, Wall Street, never-socialized medicine and drones? Things we must tolerate if we are to be doled out policies on social issues we like?

While I agree the right is dead, you're fooling yourself if you dont accept neo liberalism is dead as well.

MaCarthyism? Pleeease....the only reason Russia is in the news is because of Trump and his team's involvement with them.
Here's the latest news today on Trump team member (former) money laundering for Ukraine. Why is it anyone associated with Trump gets accused of this particular crime? ....... including Trump (through his organization).

Lawmaker says ex-Trump aide Paul Manafort laundered payments from ‘corrupt Ukrainian leader’

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017 ... ments.html
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

dirtrider wrote:MaCarthyism? Pleeease....the only reason Russia is in the news is because

...the DNC cheated Bernie, lost to Trump and they have nothing to offer the public but more of the same old crap that lost them the last election and destroyed their counted-on voter base?

...the DNC refuses to look in the mirror and accept blame for their loss because doing so would require them to change their policies and their corporate donors wont let them do that?

...there is huge money to be made in Europe by defence contractors pushing a new cold war with Russia?

Lots of reasons why Russia is in the news!

- Buckminster Fuller
dirtrider
Lord of the Board

Post by dirtrider »

Atomoa wrote:
dirtrider wrote:MaCarthyism? Pleeease....the only reason Russia is in the news is because

...the DNC cheated Bernie, lost to Trump and they have nothing to offer the public but more of the same old crap that lost them the last election and destroyed their counted-on voter base?

...the DNC refuses to look in the mirror and accept blame for their loss because doing so would require them to change their policies and their corporate donors wont let them do that?

...there is huge money to be made in Europe by defence contractors pushing a new cold war with Russia?

Lots of reasons why Russia is in the news!

GOP is in a lot worse shape than the DNC right now. They can't even pass a basic simple healthcare plan (Trump's words) ....if your writing about which party makes more money from donations by war machine contractors.......that would be the GOP (historically).

Russia is a broken empire and the US is headed in that direction. Who knows maybe you will get a your wish and they will both go out in a blaze of glory but .......I don't think so.
Last edited by dirtrider on Mar 21st, 2017, 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

Atomoa wrote:What does the left stand for then? McCarthyism, Wall Street, never-socialized medicine and drones? Things we must tolerate if we are to be doled out policies on social issues we like?

I agree with you Atomoa that both the left and the right are smoldering piles of pooch poo right now. It will be interesting to see which party can douse the flames and apply a little polish to the remains first.
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
dirtrider
Lord of the Board

Post by dirtrider »

RupertBear wrote:

I agree with you Atomoa that both the left and the right are smoldering piles of pooch poo right now. It will be interesting to see which party can douse the flames and apply a little polish to the remains first.

Just use the remains as fertilizer and start over.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

hobbyguy wrote:

Democracy, and its pillars, are messy things. I have to wonder if the whole Trump experience is not going to result in the major parties snapping back to the center from their highly polarized positions, and US democracy will be changed for the better. It could go other directions, but it seems to me that Americans value democracy too much for any other outcome.

On this we can agree. The DNC and the Repubs need major make-overs. Both are totally screwed right now.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

dirtrider wrote:Just use the remains as fertilizer and start over.

Unfortunately, as it stands now, the Tea Party will be the first ones to take root and reap the rewards.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

dirtrider wrote:GOP is in a lot worse shape than the DNC right now.

That's not true at all. The DNC and Clinton are disliked more than Trump and the GoP. The Democrats also have been reduced to holding very little offices and government positions. Hillary didnt just lose, the Democrats were slaughtered across the board and they are at their lowest levels since the 1920's right now.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politic ... -1.2993659

- Buckminster Fuller
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

dirtrider wrote:GOP is in a lot worse shape than the DNC right now.

Atomoa wrote:That's not true at all. The DNC and Clinton are disliked more than Trump and the GoP. The Democrats also have been reduced to holding very little offices and government positions. Hillary didnt just lose, the Democrats were slaughtered across the board and they are at their lowest levels since the 1920's right now.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politic ... -1.2993659

This is what happens when they both pick the bottom of the barrel for Presidential candidates, of course 1 of them had to win.
Hopefully both GOP & DNC will learn form this monster of fu :cuss: ups
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “World”