Trump discussion

Omnitheo
Guru

Re: Trump Administration: First Hundred Days and Beyond.

Post by Omnitheo »

The leaks may be treason. But it appears that Trump was conspiring with the president of Mexico to lie to the American people. That doesn't really sound too good either.

Remember, The United States of America is a nation built by treason against corrupt rule.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Isn't it funny how Trump is beaming over the increase in US jobs but doesn't say a word about addressing the concern of

the plummeting US dollar since he took office?

There's a good business man workin for ya.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

Omnitheo wrote:The leaks may be treason. But it appears that Trump was conspiring with the president of Mexico to lie to the American people. That doesn't really sound too good either.

Remember, The United States of America is a nation built by treason against corrupt rule.

That may be so, but the fact is that no foreign government, or foreign leader, is going to want to speak "off the record" with anyone in the United States Administration, and that is not a good thing (not for the United States OR the rest of the Western World). Often very sensitive situations are defused by such "off the record" talks, and the world is a much more dangerous place if such conversations are unable to take place.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Osoyoos_Familyof4
Board Meister

Post by Osoyoos_Familyof4 »

Complaining about "leakers" is the height of chutzpah. The crime isn't the leak, the crime is the crime.

Obfuscation is the way to detract from the problem, and conservatives who defend this insane presidency are doing themselves a disservice.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

i disagree. we need more openess . the govt works for us. when we have govt working in secret we end up with hitler type folks :200:
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Barney Google wrote:Isn't it funny how Trump is beaming over the increase in US jobs but doesn't say a word about addressing the concern of

the plummeting US dollar since he took office?

There's a good business man workin for ya.

Plummeting? Where when? I'll buy up American dollars if the CND get to par or above.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Queen K wrote:
Plummeting? Where when? I'll buy up American dollars if the CND get to par or above.

Watch the money markets.

Not sure it will ever get to ours being par with theirs. :up:

I remember a time when the Canadian Dollar was worth more than the US Dollar. :biggrin:
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
whitecandle
Board Meister

Post by whitecandle »

WASHINGTON—The waters of the so-called swamp are starting to rise around Donald Trump, with various creatures of Washington’s political marshes threatening his presidency from multiple angles.

Consider about nine developments of the last few days in a town derided by the president as an amphibian-infested bog.

First, the special investigator in the Russia affair has empanelled a grand jury, according to multiple reports. Second, lawmakers from both parties are co-operating to craft different bills that would curb Trump’s ability to fire the investigator.

Third, the attorney general Trump mused about firing has been promised his job is secure. Republican lawmakers have brushed off three demands from the president: on Russia sanctions, on health care, on adjusting procedural rules — that’s four, five and six. A pair of Republicans have just released books criticizing the president.

Eight, his own party’s senators have blocked him from making appointments during the summer break; they used a rare parliamentary gimmick to thwart him. And to cap it all off, Trump’s critics have been emboldened by a new dip in his poll numbers.

more here
https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017 ... dency.html
Remember yesterday. Dream tomorrow. Live like crazy today.
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

Omnitheo wrote:The leaks may be treason. But it appears that Trump was conspiring with the president of Mexico to lie to the American people. That doesn't really sound too good either.

I find it interesting that Trump urged the president of Mexico not to mention that Mexico won't pay for the wall, because it would tarnish one of his election promises. It seems Trump is more interested in how he looks coming out of this, than who is actually going to pay for the wall. I'm sure the American public has seen enough of Trump's broken promises in the past six months to realize that it will be the American people footing the bill for his dream wall.
But I think the real burning question remains unanswered... if this wall is going to be as tall as a stadium -- as Trump promised -- why does it need to be made of glass -- as Trump suggested. There is no way that the Mexican drug lords will be able to heft a bag of drugs over a wall that tall, so there is virtually no chance of said drugs falling onto an unsuspecting patriot. It's almost as if Trump hasn't really fully thought this whole design out.
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

maryjane48 wrote:i disagree. we need more openess . the govt works for us. when we have govt working in secret we end up with hitler type folks :200:

Transparency in government is generally a good thing - people ought to know what their Government is doing and why. But that said, there are times when it's simply isn't in the National Interest to reveal certain things. And private conversations with foreign leaders usually fall under the latter category.

Sometimes things that could become significant problems can be peacefully resolved via such exchanges, and the Public may never know how close we came to disaster. But if Leaders feel that they can't be frank without their words being used against them, then most will refuse to participate in such one on one discussions. And that would not be a good thing.

Imagine if the Chinese Leader wanted to have a sensitive conversation with Trump about the situation in North Korea. I doubt very much such a conversation would take place if the Chinese thought there was the slightest chance that everything they said could be made public. Yet co-operation with the Chinese may be essential if we are to avert another war (possibly one of epic proportions).

Even revealing comments Trump has made about trade with Canada could harm America's national interest by making it more difficult for the American side to negotiate the best deal for themselves (yes, I know that could be good for OUR national interest, but I doubt those doing the leaking did it to help Canada).

The point is that having disgruntled bureaucrats leaking classified information is NOT a good thing for their country, and because the country is America that means it's also NOT a good thing for the rest of us either. Because if America loses it's ability to police the world, who else is going to protect us from the bad guys?
Last edited by Merry on Aug 7th, 2017, 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

whitecandle wrote:WASHINGTON—The waters of the so-called swamp are starting to rise around Donald Trump, with various creatures of Washington’s political marshes threatening his presidency from multiple angles.

Yes, it's interesting to see what happens when democracy results in the election of a candidate the powerful elite don't approve of. The "swamp" does indeed rise up and correct what they see as a mistake.

A President who doesn't dance to the tune of the powerful and wealthy unelected, must either be brought to heel or eliminated. And that's regardless of whether he's the President of the U.S. or of some other country. They must "toe the line" or suffer the consequences. History has often shown it to be so. However, those of us who believe in democracy shouldn't be cheering them on.

The fact is that, like him or not, Donald Trump is the democratically elected President who ran on the very policies that so many are determined to undermine.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

While I also agree that some leaks may be treason, I also do think that most of the criticism should be on what had in some cases turned out to be lie after lie.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

When it comes to lying, the only difference between Trump and most other politicians is that he keeps getting caught. And the biggest reason he keeps getting caught is because disgruntled bureaucrats surrounding him keep leaking stuff. And while many see those leaks as good (because it means Trump keeps getting caught out lying), it also means that unelected officials are having an undue influence on American Government policy (which is NOT good for democracy).

When leaks result in a change in policy we agree with, we tend to cheer the leakers on. But what about the times when those leaks result in changes we disagree with? What then?

What if the incessant leaks eventually result in a war with a place like North Korea?
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Merry wrote:When it comes to lying, the only difference between Trump and most other politicians is that he keeps getting caught. And the biggest reason he keeps getting caught is because disgruntled bureaucrats surrounding him keep leaking stuff. And while many see those leaks as good (because it means Trump keeps getting caught out lying), it also means that unelected officials are having an undue influence on American Government policy (which is NOT good for democracy).

When leaks result in a change in policy we agree with, we tend to cheer the leakers on. But what about the times when those leaks result in changes we disagree with? What then?

What if the incessant leaks eventually result in a war with a place like North Korea?

While I absolutely understand and agree with your point on leaks, the other key point you hit on is lying. I judge politicians equally - and while it seems that Trump's lies are proven as such more often, but despite that, I do not accept the "all politicians lie."
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

how many presidents besides trump saw a large crowd when clearly it wasnt . or how many had their private company make money from charging secret service :smt045

Return to “World”