Trump discussion

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Trump Administration: First Hundred Days and Beyond.

Post by the truth »

good chance
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

the truth wrote: more than that useless hump obama ever did

and then there is news that doesn't come from Trump (ie. not fake) ...

The most significant economic event during President Obama's presidency was, without a doubt, been the Great Recession. When he took office, the country was losing hundreds of thousands of jobs a month, the stock market was in freefall and the GDP was shrinking. Several of the measures below show the country pulling out of this recession during the first 6 to 18 months of his presidency and then performing well above average performance after that point. In many cases, his overall average performance is impacted significantly by the first initial months.

Given that caveat, during President Obama's presidency, the economy performed worse than average for GDP growth [but not as Trump claims – big surprise], job creation, median income and debt. However, the performance of the stock market was spectacular.

http://politicsthatwork.com/economic-re ... dent/obama
Regular readers of The Fact Checker know we automatically award Two Pinocchio's to anyone (editorials included) who gives sole credit to a president for economic improvements. That’s because the U.S. economy is complex, and the decisions of companies and consumers often loom larger than the acts of government.

Moreover, it usually takes time and effort for presidential policies to work their way through the country. One year into the presidency, we are probably still feeling the effects of policies laid out by the previous administration. But Sanders asserts Barack Obama “now wants credit for the booming Trump economy,” arguing that the “economy is better under President Trump.”

The Facts

“I’ve created over a million jobs since I’m president,” he bragged in August, while giving remarks about revitalizing U.S. infrastructure.

Almost true. Since February, after Trump took office, the economy has gained nearly 1.7 million jobs, according to preliminary data on nonfarm payroll for November. But once again, the job gains are part of a multiyear trend that started in 2010 while Obama was still in office. ...

Trump inherited low unemployment numbers from Obama. Since 2011, the unemployment rate has steadily declined from a high of 9.6 percent following the Great Recession. ...

Another indicator of economic health is the employment to population ratio for people in their prime working years. <snip> In 2017, the employment to population ratio reached 78.5 percent. It’s been on an upward trend since 2011 (early Obama).
when looking at a broader index, Standard & Poor’s 500-stock index, it’s clear U.S. stocks haven’t rallied as robustly as their foreign equivalents. Trump’s been touting the stock market growth since February, but in November the S&P still lagged behind Japan, Germany and the United Kingdom.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fac ... ab070b3589

Two Pinocchio's for you truth
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

GordonH wrote: I suspect come November Trump could also become useless lump, if the Senate &/or Congress go Democrat.

It is going to be interesting to see how strong the blowback is in reaction to Trump and all this right nonsense. Good chance that little so-called "populist" movement may die a fast death once all those "ordinary people" get out to vote. We can hope.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

The whole world knows Trump is unfit for office. What a sad joke America has become by this imbecilic goof.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

"I didn't do it" "It's not my fault" "I'm the president"

Trump tweets about DACA amid 's**thole' controversy

President Donald Trump took to Twitter on Saturday morning to blame Democrats for stalled immigration negotiations amid backlash over vulgar comments he reportedly made in the Oval Office while meeting with lawmakers this week.

"I don't believe the Democrats really want to see a deal on DACA. They are all talk and no action," Trump tweeted. "This is the time but, day by day, they are blowing the one great opportunity they have. Too bad!"

Trump preceded that message with a tweet that simply said: "America First!"

Negotiations over a deal on the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, which has protected undocumented immigrants brought to the United States as children from being deported, froze this week after Trump, reports say, derided African nations as "*bleep* countries" and asked why more immigrants couldn't come from Norway during a closed-door meeting with lawmakers to discuss a bipartisan immigration proposal.

Trump has denied making the remarks, but Illinois Democratic Sen. Dick Durbin, who was at the White House meeting, said Friday that the president "said these hate-filled things and he said them repeatedly."

Democrats are demanding protections for DACA recipients in exchange for border security funding that could include money for Trump's promised border wall.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/ ... &ocid=iehp

That’s they way negotiations work Donny. You give some, you get some. You made such fine words to the selected members and the press at the very beginning of these negotiations (of course, we all should have known you would fail to follow through). Now quit being such a s**thole and start trying to act like a president you imbecilic goof.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

When the democrats offered to sign a DACA bill, with the commitment to negotiations on border security, the Republicans should have been taken thier confused leader's advice. While he had no Idea what he did when he agreed it would have been better than nothing which is what the Republicans have now that a judge has temporarily blocked Trump from ending the program.

In his ruling, Alsup wrote that lawyers for the immigrants' "have clearly demonstrated that they are likely to suffer serious, irreparable harm," unless the court steps in with an injunction.

"DACA covers a class of immigrants whose presence, seemingly all agree, pose the least, if any, threat and allows them to sign up for honest labor on the condition of continued good behavior," Alsup wrote. "This has become an important program for DACA recipients and their families, for the employers who hire them, for our tax treasuries, and for our economy."

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way ... o-end-daca
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Norway says, "thanks but no thanks."

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/13/opinions/ ... index.html

[icon_lol2.gif]
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Doctors want President Donald Trump's head examined

<snip>

While a true mental health evaluation can only happen in person, these experts have noted there is some "increasing concern" that the President may be struggling with some mental health challenges and they recommend the President's doctor screen Trump for dementia. The letter does not explain how these concerns arose.

Problems these experts say they have observed include rambling speech; episodes of slurred speech; failure to recognize old friends; frequent repetition of the same concepts; decreased fine motor coordination; difficulties reading, listening and comprehending; suspect judgment, planning, problem solving and impulse control; and markedly declining vocabulary in recent years, with overreliance on superlatives, according to the letter.

The issue of the President's mental capacity has received significant attention in recent weeks as Michael Wolff's best-seller, "Fire and Fury," has raised concerns about the commander in chief.

Citing people close to the President, Wolff has said the President has begun repeating three stories in conversations in less than 10 minutes, when he used to repeat stories in about a 30-minute window. Wolff told CNN's Christiane Amanpour that "100% of the people around the President believes he's incapable of carrying out the duties of office."

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/ ... &ocid=iehp

Onset of dementia would explain a lot of things. Maybe he really doesn’t remember all the stupid things he says and does. Maybe he really does think the TV video recordings and recordings of his voice must have been tampered with because he doesn’t remember repeatedly embarrassing himself and the country. Well, at least he gets to meet new people every day.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

While saying "s**thole country" is not appropriate or dignified, it's not racist.

I really don't expect a world leader to say things like that, but that could mean any country with any ethnic backgrounds.

It just means poor, rundown, bad, etc... and that's not limited to "non white people."

I guarantee you, every single person on this forum has either said or heard someone say: "This place is a s**thole" when talking about their apartment, room or workplace at some point in time. Pretty sure the place they were talking about wasn't filled with Mexicans or Muslims
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Rand Paul: In 2013 Private Citizen Donald Trump Financed Two Medical Missions To Haiti And Central America

Full Rand Paul: 'Unfair' to call President Trump a racist | Meet The Press | NBC News
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

fvkasm2x wrote:While saying "s**thole country" is not appropriate or dignified, it's not racist.

I really don't expect a world leader to say things like that, but that could mean any country with any ethnic backgrounds.

It just means poor, rundown, bad, etc... and that's not limited to "non white people."

I guarantee you, every single person on this forum has either said or heard someone say: "This place is a s**thole" when talking about their apartment, room or workplace at some point in time. Pretty sure the place they were talking about wasn't filled with Mexicans or Muslims

If I had a "friend" who was known to only call a place a s**thole or similar when talking about places owned by people of different colour skin, and to have a propensity for doing so, I think I'd consider them racist too. This isn't just one event but part of a pattern with Trump. Either way, his complete lack of understanding of diplomacy and tact, inability to hide his racism and bigotry, and inability to string together a coherent sentence shows that he is an imbecile.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Verum wrote:If I had a "friend" who was known to only call a place a s**thole or similar when talking about places owned by people of different colour skin, and to have a propensity for doing so, I think I'd consider them racist too. This isn't just one event but part of a pattern with Trump. Either way, his complete lack of understanding of diplomacy and tact, inability to hide his racism and bigotry, and inability to string together a coherent sentence shows that he is an imbecile.

Latter half of your post, I agree 100%. The guy should not be leading a country.

As for the first part... why do you think most immigrants come to Canada? I've traveled around the world and there are a lot of countries in Africa and Asia that ARE sh**holes. I spent 2 years straight in Asia and I currently take 3 vacations a year outside of Canada. I've seen far more of the globe than most Americans/Canadians.

Even countries with people that are highly educated and have great records in terms of the immigrants they produce (India and China for example) are sh**holes. So many of their immigrants come here with education and are very hard working. Their countries are crap though. They often have no garbage or sewage setups and their creeks are rivers are brown with pollution. They have "tent cities" where thousands of poor people live in what looks like a garbage dump. They have no social assistance, healthcare or legal programs. They have no mental health programs.

They're just terrible. Has nothing to do with being racist, it's just fact.
Last edited by fvkasm2x on Jan 16th, 2018, 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Now it turns out that Trump is linked to a Kazakh banker who stole billions of dollars from the bank he was running. This guy would make loans to phoney companies that were actually his, and he'd pocket the money. As it turns out, some of this money was laundered in Trump's Soho building but its another of his transactions with this guy that is truly bazaar.

This banker loaned money to a Trump building project in a small town in Croatia in which every contractor on the list were actually his made up companies and no building was ever planned. But that didn't stop Trump from showing up in this small Croatian town for a photo OP touting the upcoming luxury tower built with his name on it. Trump was paid 1 million dollars for his part in the criminal operation knowing nothing would ever be built.

Now's where it gets weird and troubling. The bank that has all the records of these transactions is now run by the dictator of Kazakhstan's son, so any hope of prosecution relies on them providing the special investigation with the documents of the transaction. Well guess who is visiting Trump today, the dictator of Kazakhstan.

Somehow I find it hard to believe that of all the dictators out there that it's a coincidence that this one would show up just as we're finding out about Trump's part in this criminal endeavor.

One thing's for certain, the Trump show never gets boring. :popcorn:

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watc ... 7745475847
Last edited by Poindexter on Jan 16th, 2018, 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.

Return to “World”