Trump discussion

Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Re: Trump Administration: First Hundred Days and Beyond.

Post by Barney Google »

GordonH wrote:
I remember back in mid 70s pellets we fed in the milking parlour had antibiotics added.

I was visiting a US Dairy a few years ago to learn more about embryo flushing and other reproductive procedures.

During many of the reproductive processes cows are treated with hormones to increase conception and help with

ovulation, etc.. The cows I saw being flushed and treated were pulled from the milking herd and went right back

into the herd after the various procedures. When I asked about levels of hormones in the produced milk from these

cows I was told it was 'negligible'. I didn't buy it then...and I won't buy it now.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Using medicated feeds (which means antibiotics) in young livestock is quite common in the US, and some other countries.

My concern is the long term 'treatment' of food producing animals in the World's food systems.

There is a drug withholding period in most countries prior to processing and that is where most promoters of 'hormone and

drug free' come in. If the animals tested show 'negligible' levels then they are deemed FREE.

To successfully raise livestock in the mass production systems we see today it's pretty hard to be economically successful

without the use of hormones or drugs.

In some cases, hormones and antibiotics can be detected in muscle and organ tissue weeks after the animal has

been treated. It can take a long time for those 'negligible' levels to reach zero.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

trump wh refuses docs oversight committe requested on flynn.

http://cnn.it/2peqno5
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Trump is starting to lose his base. https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2017/04/25/looks-like-trump-is-caving-on-1b-for-the-wall-in-the-face-of-democrat-threats-to-shut-down-the-government/

RUSH: Detroit, Tim. You’re next. Great to have you on the EIB Network. How you doing, sir?

CALLER: I’m doing fine, Rush. Thank you. I’ve been listening to you for 20 years in my truck. I want to thank you for the entertainment and education. Donald Trump, my son, I took him — my son, Max, to Sterling Heights to two rallies. My son also worked the phones for Donald. One of his main topics was building the wall and stopping this illegal immigration. I believe he will be making a grave mistake if he compromises on this.

RUSH: Now, wait. He’s not compromising on the wall. He’s saying he’ll delay funding until September so as to avoid a government shutdown. Does it matter to you when he does the wall?

CALLER: Yes. It absolutely does. Because, Rush, you know it’s never gonna be a good time to do this. I’ve been listening to politics all my life.

RUSH: Yep. Yep.

CALLER: It’s the same thing with kick this can down the road.

RUSH: Here’s Ray in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Hey, Ray, glad you called. How you doing, sir?

CALLER: Rush, thanks for taking my call. Appreciate it.

RUSH: You bet.

CALLER: Hey, I go back to the Rush listening room. So been a longtime listener. Listen, I wanted to go back for a moment on this moving target on the wall with Trump.

RUSH: Yeah. Yeah.

CALLER: And you have said from the very beginning that the only people that could truly separate Trump — could bring him down was Trump. Trump is the only one that could separate his followers from him. My fear is that if he begins this process, this potentially could become the beginning of the end. What I would say to the president, if he’s listening now, which is, “Mr. President, be the man we elected you to be. We will be with you. We will not leave you. We will stay with you. But hang in there and be the one we allowed you to be. Drain that swamp. Don’t become part of the process.”
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/25/politics/ ... index.html

wow. the losses just keep piling up. kudge blocks part of trumps plan to defund sanctuary citied . trumps reply see you in court haha .
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

hobbyguy wrote:Trump is starting to lose his base. https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2017/04/25/looks-like-trump-is-caving-on-1b-for-the-wall-in-the-face-of-democrat-threats-to-shut-down-the-government/

RUSH: Detroit, Tim. You’re next. Great to have you on the EIB Network. How you doing, sir?

CALLER: I’m doing fine, Rush. Thank you. I’ve been listening to you for 20 years in my truck. I want to thank you for the entertainment and education. Donald Trump, my son, I took him — my son, Max, to Sterling Heights to two rallies. My son also worked the phones for Donald. One of his main topics was building the wall and stopping this illegal immigration. I believe he will be making a grave mistake if he compromises on this.

RUSH: Now, wait. He’s not compromising on the wall. He’s saying he’ll delay funding until September so as to avoid a government shutdown. Does it matter to you when he does the wall?

CALLER: Yes. It absolutely does. Because, Rush, you know it’s never gonna be a good time to do this. I’ve been listening to politics all my life.

RUSH: Yep. Yep.

CALLER: It’s the same thing with kick this can down the road.

RUSH: Here’s Ray in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Hey, Ray, glad you called. How you doing, sir?

CALLER: Rush, thanks for taking my call. Appreciate it.

RUSH: You bet.

CALLER: Hey, I go back to the Rush listening room. So been a longtime listener. Listen, I wanted to go back for a moment on this moving target on the wall with Trump.

RUSH: Yeah. Yeah.

CALLER: And you have said from the very beginning that the only people that could truly separate Trump — could bring him down was Trump. Trump is the only one that could separate his followers from him. My fear is that if he begins this process, this potentially could become the beginning of the end. What I would say to the president, if he’s listening now, which is, “Mr. President, be the man we elected you to be. We will be with you. We will not leave you. We will stay with you. But hang in there and be the one we allowed you to be. Drain that swamp. Don’t become part of the process.”

Raises the question, do only morons listen to Rush, or does listening to Rush turn them into morons? Probably a bit of both.

This last guy, who despite all the billionaires and lobbyists he's appointed as WH staff, still thinks Trump is going to drain the swamp. :135:
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

maryjane48 wrote:

wow. the losses just keep piling up. kudge blocks part of trumps plan to defund sanctuary citied . trumps reply see you in court haha .

I bet that kinda statement coming from their President makes a lot of Americans feel really good.

Having their President use the US taxpayers money to defend his ill contrived edicts in the court system that could take

years to resolve and will cost a BUNDLE.

Yep, making America great again, one law suit after another.

:up:
- Unknown
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

trump flinches on nafta .

http://glbn.ca/Bqq8fa
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

maryjane48 wrote:trump flinches on nafta .

http://glbn.ca/Bqq8fa

Lol..why MJ, it's all 'the art of the deal' dontcha know...lol

It's all part of The Donald's Big Plan...lol

Only-est thing is that The Donald hasn't really said what his Big Plan is. Lol
- Unknown
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

He's an old man who shoots off his mouth with nothing to back it up. He is grossly incompetent in office and the man can't even read very well. He's forming his opinions on the job based on who he talked to last and claiming he had no idea how complicated running the US goverment was. He's milking every cent he can out of his fortunate turn of events and doesn't give a damn about the country. It will be a miracle if he doesn't start a war. This administration has no idea what it's doing.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

... born midway between 3rd base and home plate talking about the home run he just slammed.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

JLives wrote:He's an old man who shoots off his mouth with nothing to back it up. ...

Lol...and your point is?

Sounds like a lot of what goes on herein on our beloved forum...lol. :up:

That being said...right on JLives!!!
- Unknown
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

Barney Google wrote:
JLives wrote:He's an old man who shoots off his mouth with nothing to back it up. ...

Yes, and look what the loonies doing,.. Hummm.. Wish we had someone looking after our interests like Trump is doing for the US..

All we have is a bunch he of wimps saying, We'll be tough, yes we will, we'll stand up to the big mean man, we'll tell him like it is, yes we will, but PLEASE don't be mean to us Mr President, sir..!!!
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

JLives wrote:He's an old man who shoots off his mouth with nothing to back it up. He is grossly incompetent in office and the man can't even read very well. He's forming his opinions on the job based on who he talked to last and claiming he had no idea how complicated running the US goverment was. He's milking every cent he can out of his fortunate turn of events and doesn't give a damn about the country. It will be a miracle if he doesn't start a war. This administration has no idea what it's doing.

Woefully unsuitable, unqualified and unprepared to be president. The only people making even bigger fools of themselves are those who continue to make excuses for and rationalize the actions of this gross buffoon. Sad days for our southern cousins.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Umm u do see who we have in Ottawa right . We are in no position to point and laugh . Unless it is at ourselves
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"

Return to “World”