Trump discussion

Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Re: Trump Administration: First Hundred Days and Beyond.

Post by Ka-El »

Many Politicians Lie. But Trump Has Elevated the Art of Fabrication

WASHINGTON — Whit Ayres, a Republican political consultant here, likes to tell his clients that there are “three keys to credibility.”

“One, never defend the indefensible,” he says. “Two, never deny the undeniable. And No. 3 is: Never lie.”
Would that politicians took his advice.

Fabrications have long been a part of American politics. Politicians lie to puff themselves up, to burnish their résumés and to cover up misdeeds, including sexual affairs. (See: Bill Clinton.) Sometimes they cite false information for what they believe are justifiable policy reasons. (See: Lyndon Johnson and Vietnam.)

But President Trump, historians and consultants in both political parties agree, appears to have taken what the writer Hannah Arendt once called “the conflict between truth and politics” to an entirely new level.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/ ... &ocid=iehp
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

And I don't disagree with that. Trump is his own worst enemy. But that doesn't alter the fact that many of the recent leaks have come dangerously close to being treasonous.

Disliking the democratically elected President, even if he is an idiot, is not a good enough excuse to commit an act of treason against your own country.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Way to go Donald, :130:

Washington Post:
‘Apply by fax’: Before it can hire foreign workers, Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club advertises at home — briefly

"President Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club needs to hire 35 waiters for this winter’s social season in Palm Beach, Fla.

Late last month, the club placed an ad on page C8 of the Palm Beach Post, crammed full of tiny print laying out the job experience requirements in classified ad shorthand. “3 mos recent & verifiable exp in fine dining/country club,” the ad said. “No tips.”

The ad gave no email address or phone number. “Apply by fax,” it said. The ad also provided a mailing address. It ran twice, then never again.

This was an underwhelming way to attract local job-seekers. But that wasn’t the point. The ads were actually part of Mar-a-Lago’s efforts to hire foreign workers for those 35 jobs.

About a week before the ads ran, the president’s club asked the Labor Department for permission to hire 70 temporary workers from overseas, government records show. Beside the 35 waiters, it asked for 20 cooks and 15 housekeepers, slightly more than it hired last year. ..."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... b09e6375ca
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
whitecandle
Board Meister

Post by whitecandle »

FBI raided home of Donald Trump’s former campaign manager, Paul Manafort

FBI agents seized documents and other material from the Virginia home of Paul Manafort, President Donald Trump’s former campaign manager, during a July raid as part of a special counsel’s probe into alleged Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, a spokesman for Manafort said on Wednesday.

Spokesman Jason Maloni says that Manafort co-operated with the agents as he has “consistently” done.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3657352/donal ... -fbi-raid/
Remember yesterday. Dream tomorrow. Live like crazy today.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Well the Trump Team has once again been hard at it and right here in BC.

One would think with all the drama going on the Trump Family would keep kinda low key and extra politically correct.

NOT...

Evidently, Trump Jr was spotted at an airport in Prince George and made a brief stop in Fort Nelson on his

way to take part in a hunting trip.

His 'target'?

Being a fan of hunting big horn sheep in the US he's supposedly after blue listed BC Stone Sheep.

You'da thunk after the animal right activists outrage over he and his brothers big game trip in Africa in 2012

he'd avoid doing stuff like that while his family is in Office.

Lol

Rrrrriiiiiggggghhhhht

Whoda thunk anyone would find out he's been in remote northern BC plunking off our wildlife.

Flip side?

More US funds going towards Canadian Conservation efforts.

Maybe Melania and Ivanka dropped Jr off in BC on their way North to buy seal pup pelts for their respective fashion lines

being manufactured in Malaysia.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

whitecandle wrote:FBI raided home of Donald Trump’s former campaign manager, Paul Manafort

FBI agents seized documents and other material from the Virginia home of Paul Manafort, President Donald Trump’s former campaign manager, during a July raid as part of a special counsel’s probe into alleged Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, a spokesman for Manafort said on Wednesday.

Spokesman Jason Maloni says that Manafort co-operated with the agents as he has “consistently” done.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3657352/donal ... -fbi-raid/

I call BS on Jason Maloni's statement. The only reason a judge would authorize a "no knock" search warrant is if the witness was untrustworthy and uncooperative enough to indicate there was a risk that evidence in a criminal investigation would be destroyed. If he had been "consistently cooperating" there would have been no need. The fact that Manafort was testifying in front of the special prosecutors the day before the warrant was issued means his testimony left serious doubts in he minds of Mueller's team that they were being told the truth but leaves little doubt that laws have been broken.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

the real reason why trump won http://etcanada.com/news/246856/jimmy-k ... at-canada/ man these people are f :cuss: stupid
Last edited by the truth on Aug 10th, 2017, 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

the truth wrote:the real reason ehy trump won http://etcanada.com/news/246856/jimmy-k ... at-canada/ man these people are f :cuss: stupid

:spitcoffee:

I watched that couple nights ago and wasn't the least bit shocked. The interviewer first asked if Trump should retaliate against North Korea and they all said yes with a certainty that indicated they knew what they were talking about. Then they brought out a map and asked them to point to North Korea and that assured look turned to embarrassment as it became clear they were all talking out their :cuss: .

Edit: correct spelling. Should probably spell things correctly if I'm going to mock other people's education. :biggrin:
Last edited by Poindexter on Aug 10th, 2017, 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

"Keep your education, but give me my guns!"
That is how Trump won.
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

I also think Trump got elected because people are fed up with both parties who are more concerned about raising money than getting anything productive done. Trump BS'd them by saying he's self funding his campaign therefore doesn't owe anyone and will work on their behalf. The fact it hasn't worked out that way doesn't seem to have sunk in yet because Trump has done a masterful job of isolating his base from facts by calling everything fake news other than his tweets and Fox and Friends. One would hope they'll soon realize they've been duped --- but I'm not holding my breath.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

It's easy to self fund your campaign when post election everything including your weekly golf trips are funded by the American taxpayer.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Poindexter wrote: One would hope they'll soon realize they've been duped --- but I'm not holding my breath.

While many former Trump supporters have quietly slunk away in shame at least having the smarts to realize any more excuses would just further humiliate themselves, there are a persistent few who are far too dull-witted to ever get it.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

It maybe good idea to keep all buttons with the word launch far away from Trump, for the next few weeks or more. lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/10/health/tr ... index.html

:135: Could it be he's got one thing right here? Opioid crisis is a national emergency. He's called it.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Queen K wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/10/health/tr ... index.html

:135: Could it be he's got one thing right here? Opioid crisis is a national emergency. He's called it.

Even a blind squirrel finds a acorn once in a while. lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “World”