Trump discussion

Poindexter
Guru

Re: Trump Administration: First Hundred Days and Beyond.

Post by Poindexter »

Ronald Reagan's Daughter Comes Out As Sexual Assault Survivor in Op-Ed Defending Kavanaugh Accuser

snip

“Perhaps the aging men who are poised to interrogate her, unless they hide behind surrogates, should pause for a moment and think about the courage it takes for a woman to say: Here is my memory. It has haunted me for decades. It changed my life. You need to know about it now because of what is at stake for this country.” Davis writes.

https://www.google.ca/amp/amp.timeinc.n ... lasey-ford
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

The mid term elections will be interesting. Farmers in the Republican heartland are are getting really annoyed.

The bailout package Trump touted ain't near enough. His actions cost $.44 per bushel on corn - and the bailout is $.01/bushel. Wheat farmers lost 20 million bushels of sales to China - and get diddly. Soy farmers did the best, but still will take a big hit because their prices and sales are waaay down.

Whether or not that costs the Republicans a single seat remains to be seen. But they have to be worried about the rumblings and grumblings coming out of farm country.

Trump's trade policies are biting farmers in the wallet.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Just returned from the States. Elections signs everywhere. Not a single person ever mentioned Trump in any conversation.

Don't know if that means a damn thing, but we photographed small town American dying out, lots of empty houses which could be fixed up for homeless vets where living would not be so expensive.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Queen K wrote:Just returned from the States. Elections signs everywhere. Not a single person ever mentioned Trump in any conversation.

Don't know if that means a damn thing, but we photographed small town American dying out, lots of empty houses which could be fixed up for homeless vets where living would not be so expensive.

People really don't want to talk politics in the US anymore. I noticed it started about the second term of Obama's when Fox news was in assault mode and people went whacky. Our evangelical neighbors were sweet as can be prior to that but 10 hours a day of Fox news had them certain that Obama was going to do away with Christianity and replace it with Sharia law. It's impossible to have a conversation with someone like that without pulling your hair out. When Trump won they became even worse. Some new neighbors moved in on the opposite side and the wife hated Trump while the husband was his biggest fan. The dynamic between them, especially after a few drinks, was painful to watch so you tried at all costs to steer conversations away from politics. Think it's become a relationship survival technique to keep your political opinions to yourself.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

I did a road trip down the coast all the way to San Diego earlier in the year, and another trip along the abc coast last month. Talked to a lot of Americans, and while I was hesitant to bring up politics, I found many were more than happy to bring up the topic to me, as if to enquire about just how much we hate Trump up here to see if we have the same impression as them.

Now this may have come from the fact I was on the west coast, or that the people I spoke to were travellers and campers, but almost universally (with one exception in San Diego) they pretty much all hated trump and were embarrassed about him as president. It was almost kind of a joke, and they wanted to see how people on the outside were looking in and laughing with them

That exception involved some campers in SD who are probably the dumbest people I have ever met...
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Omnitheo wrote: That exception involved some campers in SD who are probably the dumbest people I have ever met...

Anyone still supporting or making excuses for Trump has got to be a special kind of stupid. :smt045
Necro
Übergod

Post by Necro »

floppi wrote:Hey Necro, are you still around? :D I found something for you. It reads like a spy novel so you might like it. I wonder if they will make a movie about it sometimes. And a bonus link to boot!

The Plot to Subvert an Election: Unraveling the Russia Story So Far

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics ... ar-AAApP8W

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... eline.html

I have better things to do than debunk your conspiracy theories. The RussiaRussiaRussia delusion is a hoax. In the not-to-distant future you will will come to see I was right. In the meantime? Enjoy your delusional state of grace.

:D
Did you know 1 of 3 Biden voters are as dumb as the other 2? #LetsGoBrandon!
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

GOP. Approval tops democrats for first time in 7 years. MAGA
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Necro
Übergod

Post by Necro »

Poindexter wrote:Are we surprised with the Republicans not wanting to investigate the allegations against Kavanaugh? After all, these are the same people who had no problem electing an admitted sexual abuser into the oval office. They have no shame anymore because for them, the ends always justify the means. Even if that means putting both Kavanaugh's wife and Christine Blasey Ford's lives at risk for a Supreme Court appointment.

Both women have received death threats and voters on both sides of the isle should be angry with the way Republicans have abused their power and put these innocent women's lives in peril. They know there should be an FBI investigation but the GOP obviously wants to turn this into a he said she said choice. There was a direct witness and others at the party that could corroborate either's position. There was also her telling of the event back in 2012 when there were zero politics involved.

Kavanaugh should want an investigation to clear his name unless he's afraid of what will surface, which in my opinion is even more reason to investigate before he receives a lifetime appointment to the highest court.

Another load of bullplop, what a surprise. It's clear to see people have had their minds filled with left leaning claptrap to the point they're not willing to see the allegations against Kavanaugh are bogus. Let me help you with that.

The letter has been in the possession of Senater Feinstein since July. That alone should raise alarms to anyone paying attention. It was rolled out after the hearing and what's particularly disturbing is how Feistein didn't raise the issue during closed door meetings with Kavanaugh.

Christine Blasey-Ford first alleges 4 boys were involved. This is substantiated by WaPo's Sept. 16th article;

Ford said there were four boys at the party but only two in the room.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investig ... 3cd45681c3

This is further substantiated by Ford's therapist's notes which Ford now alleges are incorrect. The 4 boys was changed to include 3 boys and 1 girl. This matters because it calls into question Ford's and WaPo's credibility.

She states she doesn't know when this alleged assault took place but she remembers she was 15? Ok. She doesn't know were the party took place? Ok. There are many inconsistances in her story but we're to overlook that? Ok.

Now we understand the people present at the alleged party during the alleged assault were;

-Christine Blasey-Ford
-Brett Kavanaugh
-Mark Judge
-Leland Keyser
-Patrick J. Smyth

Mark Judge issued a statement;

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... denies-pa/

“I am issuing this statement today to make it clear to all involved that I have no knowledge of the party in question; nor do I have any knowledge of the allegations of improper conduct she has leveled against Brett Kavanaugh,” he wrote. “Personally speaking, I have known Brett Kavanaugh since high school and I know him to be a person of great integrity, a great friend, and I have never witnessed any improper conduct by Brett Kavanaugh towards women.”

Leland Keyser, whom Ford describes as a lifelong friend, issued a statement;

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/22/politics ... index.html

"I understand that I have been identified as an individual who was in attendance at a party that occurred circa 1982 described in a recent Washington Post article. Simply put, Ms. Keyser does not know Mr. Kavanaugh and she has no recollection of ever being at a party or gathering where he was present, with, or without, Dr. Ford."

Patrick J. Smith issued a statement;

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/18/politics ... index.html

"I understand that I have been identified by Dr. Christine Blasey Ford as the person she remembers as 'PJ' who supposedly was present at the party she described in her statements to the Washington Post. I am issuing this statement today to make it clear to all involved that I have no knowledge of the party in question; nor do I have any knowledge of the allegations of improper conduct she has leveled against Brett Kavanaugh."

Personally speaking, I have known Brett Kavanaugh since high school and I know him to be a person of great integrity, a great friend, and I have never witnessed any improper conduct by Brett Kavanaugh towards women. To safeguard my own privacy and anonymity, I respectfully request that the Committee accept this statement in response to any inquiry the Committee may have."

These statement issued to the Judiciary Committee are done so under penalty of perjury, under 18 U.S Code 1001.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1001

This means every person Ford named as being present at the alleged party during the alleged assualt contridicts her accusation against Kavanaugh. Leland Keysey went so far as to say she's never met Brett, and she, as Ford describes her, is a lifelong friend. This leads to the logical conclusion that Ford is lying.

Now we have a second accuser, Deborah Ramirez.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-des ... ah-ramirez

I had great respect for Ronan Farrow, but this half *bleep* article is filled with the type of inconsistencies that lead one to conclude it was hastily put together and fails miserably in comparison to his previous outstanding articles. He was not able to find a single person to corroborate her story. The NYT interviewed several dozen people in an attempt to substantiate Deborah's claim. They were unable.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/23/us/p ... stify.html

The Times had interviewed several dozen people over the past week in an attempt to corroborate her story, and could find no one with firsthand knowledge. Ms. Ramirez herself contacted former Yale classmates asking if they recalled the incident and told some of them that she could not be certain Mr. Kavanaugh was the one who exposed himself.

From Ronan's article;

“We were the people closest to Brett Kavanaugh during his first year at Yale. He was a roommate to some of us, and we spent a great deal of time with him, including in the dorm where this incident allegedly took place. Some of us were also friends with Debbie Ramirez during and after her time at Yale. We can say with confidence that if the incident Debbie alleges ever occurred, we would have seen or heard about it—and we did not. The behavior she describes would be completely out of character for Brett. In addition, some of us knew Debbie long after Yale, and she never described this incident until Brett’s Supreme Court nomination was pending. Editors from the New Yorker contacted some of us because we are the people who would know the truth, and we told them that we never saw or heard about this.”

Even her close friend during college disputes her claim, going so far as to say she can't be certain she wasn't politically motivated;

“This is a woman I was best friends with. We shared intimate details of our lives. And I was never told this story by her, or by anyone else. It never came up. I didn’t see it; I never heard of it happening.” She said she hadn’t spoken with Ramirez for about ten years, but that the two women had been close all through college, and Kavanaugh had remained part of what she called their “larger social circle.” In an initial conversation with The New Yorker, she suggested that Ramirez may have been politically motivated. Later, she said that she did not know if this was the case.

It seems the people supporting this smear campaign have been had by this vicious character assassination. Perhaps in the future you people will learn to apply critical thought before plunging into another cooked up fantasy designed to destroy an innocent man.

Shameful.

Perhaps we should talk about the death threats Kavanaugh's family has received due to this malicious attack?

ETA: Now before you people start whining about an FBI investigation because Anita Hill blah blah. Keep in mind they were Federal employees working in a Federal building which falls under Federal jurisdiction. What is the F in FBI? That right, Federal. Too bad so sad. Not to mention Anita shares a great deal with Ford and Ramirez, they're both full of it.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

If you think its BS then an FBI investigation will clear his name. You have a problem with that or do you think him and his should live with this hanging over their head?
Necro
Übergod

Post by Necro »

Jflem1983 wrote:GOP. Approval tops democrats for first time in 7 years. MAGA

Do you want a real laugh? Check out this 3 minute video of a defeated Michael Moore, it's knee-slapping hilarious. :smt045

Rjamer
Übergod

Post by Rjamer »

This is hilarious.. Trump is so incredibility stupid he can`t understand why the UN members are laughing at him.. I will go out on a limb here and say that I would bet at least 95% of the UN members are more intelligent than this idiot.. LOL,, Bloody hilarious !! They are laughing because Trump just made himself look more stupid than he already is.. https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/25/politics ... index.html
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Necro wrote:
floppi wrote:Hey Necro, are you still around? :D I found something for you. It reads like a spy novel so you might like it. I wonder if they will make a movie about it sometimes. And a bonus link to boot!

The Plot to Subvert an Election: Unraveling the Russia Story So Far

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics ... ar-AAApP8W

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... eline.html

I have better things to do than debunk your conspiracy theories. The RussiaRussiaRussia delusion is a hoax. In the not-to-distant future you will will come to see I was right. In the meantime? Enjoy your delusional state of grace.

:D

Of course you do, you have thousands more conspiracy sites to glaze your eyes over. I know you can't get enough. You're not close to being right but do keep up the appearances, it's good for the Trump die hards. Pretty soon the truth will come out and you will be gone :D . Too bad, if nothing else your kinda funny and you do read at least. Here's some more conspiracy article to sink your teeth into, enjoy!! :biggrin:

Necro
Übergod

Post by Necro »

floppi wrote:Here's some more conspiracy article to sink your teeth into, enjoy!!

In case you haven't noticed, I did. It was delicious.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Here's more desert for you [icon_lol2.gif]

In dealing with unexpected negative information, leadership must decide whether the situation is merely an isolated incident, whose consequences will quickly fade, or a crisis, which, if not dealt with, will metastasize and cause increasing reputational damage over time.

In dealing with the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court, the Republican leadership is in some ways still dealing with the allegations of Dr. Christine Blasey Ford as an incident, while events suggest it has become a worsening crisis.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevedenni ... cd29341e9f

Return to “World”