Vault 7

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Vault 7

Post by Queen K »

Atomoa wrote:
GenesisGT wrote:If you have a smart tv in the bedroom you already have a camera there, Samsung already knows what you are doing.

Are you proud of this? You accept it?

I dont own a TV and all laptop cameras are taped off. As soon as my smartphone is gone all I have is my PC.

I still have a boring flip phone. No smart phone. One person told me that three smart phones in the household has added to their monthly expenses by $350/month. There's no way I could afford it if I still want to travel the way I do.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

JLives wrote:You can't put the technology back in the box. Laws, ethics, consent and accepting establishment don't determine that privacy is becoming obsolete. It's memetic evolution.

We can have cellular and fiber optic communication networks without gathering all the data and storing it. We dont have to build search engines for private citizens email accounts. We certainly can have technology that is built without built-in back doors that are approved by unelected unaccountable forces within our society. I remember you and I talking about how the fight against terrorism isn't more surveillance laws - it's stopping regime changing wars, empire building and creating terrorists. The inevitability you speak of is always justified with that Harper-esque fear and it's bull.

We can also pass laws and elect politicians that are loyal to the people and not hostile to the people. Very possible.

You can go back to the creation of letter mail and argue that it's "inevitable" that with this new letter-delivering technology and system that the government would read everyone's snail-mail. For security reasons of course.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

I saw today that Wikileaks said they have released less than 1% of the files that they have. So there will be more coming out as soon as it is verified.

And there is this:

FBI probing release of CIA hacking tools

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli ... eakingnews
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

BREAKING: Julian Assange says WikiLeaks will share details on CIA hacking tools with tech industry before releasing them

WikiLeaks has much more detailed information about CIA hacking techniques and will allow tech companies access so they can "develop fixes" before the information is more widely published, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange said Thursday. WikiLeaks published documents this week it said revealed software tools the CIA used to break into smartphones, computers and TVs.

http://www.usatoday.com/?csp=breakingnews

http://www.castanet.net/news/World/1910 ... ech-vs-CIA
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

ferri wrote:BREAKING: Julian Assange says WikiLeaks will share details on CIA hacking tools with tech industry before releasing them

This is obviously a Russian plot. Putin is trying to help the US's Silicon Valley fight the CIA. We need to all band together and help the CIA take out Wikileaks to protect the CIA's ability to spy on everyone and lie about it.

Sarcasm off.

- Buckminster Fuller
slootman
Übergod

Post by slootman »

Atomoa wrote:US Government pays private companies (Samsung, Apple ect) to develop vulnerabilities and exploits in US products, then intentionally keeping the holes open.

Got a source for this assertion?
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Atomoa wrote:US Government pays private companies (Samsung, Apple ect) to develop vulnerabilities and exploits in US products, then intentionally keeping the holes open.

slootman wrote:Got a source for this assertion?

Thanks for pointing this out.

When the leak first broke and I was going through the data and summaries, I assumed that the NSA/CIA had been following the law that Obama passed which said that the NSA/CIA had to report vulnerabilities to Tech companies so they could be patched. This assumption also goes on to involve active participation ($) with Silicone Valley - quid pro quo between Tech and Gov about backdoors and such.

Since then, Silicon Valley and people like Edward Snowden have been screaming bloody murder about how irrepressible it is for the CIA/NSA/Gov to either have allowed it to occur by not following the law, or the CIA/NSA operated on their own outside of what The President said (the so called Deep state that everyone says doesn't exist). It's pretty certain that there was no Tech/Gov willing collusion.

Either Obama lied or the CIA/NSA operates on their own. Tech's hands seem clean.

- Buckminster Fuller
dirtrider
Lord of the Board

Post by dirtrider »

That's not a source, it's speculation.....into the deep state chute.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

dirtrider wrote:That's not a source, it's speculation.....into the deep state chute.

Do you think the Government :

- does what they say they will do?
- conceals what they shouldn't be doing from the public?
- operates outside the public eye?
- is accountable to the voter or the donor?
- has vested interests outside of the electorate.

There was a law passed by the President saying the CIA/NSA had to tell Apple, Microsoft and Google about vulnerabilities. Either the NSA and CIA ignored that law and acted on their own accord, or Obama knew they would ignore that law.

That isn't speculation. There are only 2 options.

- Buckminster Fuller
dirtrider
Lord of the Board

Post by dirtrider »

Atomoa wrote:

Thanks for pointing this out.

When the leak first broke and I was going through the data and summaries, I assumed that the NSA/CIA had been following the law that Obama passed which said that the NSA/CIA had to report vulnerabilities to Tech companies so they could be patched. This assumption also goes on to involve active participation ($) with Silicone Valley - quid pro quo between Tech and Gov about backdoors and such.

Since then, Silicon Valley and people like Edward Snowden have been screaming bloody murder about how irrepressible it is for the CIA/NSA/Gov to either have allowed it to occur by not following the law, or the CIA/NSA operated on their own outside of what The President said (the so called Deep state that everyone says doesn't exist). It's pretty certain that there was no Tech/Gov willing collusion.

Either Obama lied or the CIA/NSA operates on their own. Tech's hands seem clean.

Nope wrong, it's not a law, just a little directive and it has a major loophole for the spooks...

"The acknowledgement comes in a news report indicating that President Obama decided in January that from now on any time the NSA discovers a major flaw in software, it must disclose the vulnerability to vendors and others so that it can be patched, according to the New York Times.

But Obama included a major loophole in his decision, which falls far short of recommendations made by a presidential review board last December: According to Obama, any flaws that have “a clear national security or law enforcement” use can be kept secret and exploited.'

https://www.wired.com/2014/04/obama-zero-day/
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

dirtrider wrote:Nope wrong, it's not a law, just a little directive and it has a major loophole for the spooks...

When the President sends a "directive" to his employees it's not a suggestion. I'm not a lawyer but I suppose "law" applies to everyone and this only applies to CIA/NSA as directed by the most powerful person in the world.

Anyways - from your 2014 article

Last week, however, after the Heartbleed vulnerability was exposed, and questions arose about whether the NSA had known about the vulnerability and kept silent about it, the White House and NSA emphatically denied that the spy agency had known about the flaw or exploited it before this year

Not only did they know about it, but they wrote mountains of programs to exploit it. Also known as a "lie".

Article really paints Obama for the establishment ruling class representative that he is. Thanks for posting.

- Buckminster Fuller
slootman
Übergod

Post by slootman »

This thread may be better suited for the conspiracy forum...
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

slootman wrote:This thread may be better suited for the conspiracy forum...

Keep on trying to muddy that water. Maybe some comments about bigfoot?

- Buckminster Fuller
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

slootman wrote:This thread may be better suited for the conspiracy forum...

It's not a conspiracy when most IT security analysts will support this.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Fairly soon privacy will become a crime.

"If you want privacy that means you're doing something illegal"

Return to “World”