Vault 7

dirtrider
Lord of the Board

Re: Vault 7

Post by dirtrider »

Atomoa wrote:
dirtrider wrote:Nope wrong, it's not a law, just a little directive and it has a major loophole for the spooks...

When the President sends a "directive" to his employees it's not a suggestion. I'm not a lawyer but I suppose "law" applies to everyone and this only applies to CIA/NSA as directed by the most powerful person in the world.

Anyways - from your 2014 article

Last week, however, after the Heartbleed vulnerability was exposed, and questions arose about whether the NSA had known about the vulnerability and kept silent about it, the White House and NSA emphatically denied that the spy agency had known about the flaw or exploited it before this year

Not only did they know about it, but they wrote mountains of programs to exploit it. Also known as a "lie".

Article really paints Obama for the establishment ruling class representative that he is. Thanks for posting.

According to Obama, any flaws that have “a clear national security or law enforcement” use can be kept secret and exploited.'

I'm thinking this is the key sentence and that's why they didn't release it. I know Wikileaks haven't released all the hack
but I was reading through the grapevine that most of the rest of the hacks concern outdated malware, virus, and such for outdated OS, If that's the case not too bad but still.....CIA better get on it, definitely a black eye.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Even Steven wrote:Fairly soon privacy will become a crime.

"If you want privacy that means you're doing something illegal"

It's not going to become a crime. It's becoming not possible. Technology moves faster than laws. It is going to reach a point in our lifetimes where intelligence agencies become obsolete due to the inability to have privacy.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

JLives wrote:It's not going to become a crime. It's becoming not possible. Technology moves faster than laws. It is going to reach a point in our lifetimes where intelligence agencies become obsolete due to the inability to have privacy.

Unless you're talking about autonomous AI actually spying on humans, I'm having trouble understanding how we are going to build machines that spy on us against our will if we dont want them too.

I consider myself a transhumanist and embrace technology progression but even if we upload our minds to cloud servers we will still have the ability to "remain anonymous" if we build the system that way.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
dirtrider
Lord of the Board

Post by dirtrider »

Big brother is always watching, atomoa.....they 'll find no matter where u hide.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

dirtrider wrote:Big brother is always watching, atomoa.....they 'll find no matter where u hide.

They sure are, here is something very interesting....

Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

The CIA Is About To Sign A Game-Changing $600 Million Deal With Amazon

The CIA is on the verge of signing a cloud computing contract with Amazon, worth up to $600 million over 10 years, reports Frank Konkel at Federal Computer Week.

If the details about this deal are true, it could be a game-changer for the enterprise cloud market.

http://www.businessinsider.com/cia-600- ... loud-2013-
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Amazon, ‘The Washington Post’ and That $600 MIllion CIA Contract

In a statement released by the Institute for Public Accuracy, media writer/author Robert McChesney observes:

When the main shareholder in one of the very largest corporations in the world benefits from a massive contract with the CIA on the one hand, and that same billionaire owns the Washington Post on the other hand, there are serious problems. The Post is unquestionably the political paper of record in the United States, and how it covers governance sets the agenda for the balance of the news media. Citizens need to know about this conflict of interest in the columns of the Post itself.

If some official enemy of the United States had a comparable situation—say the owner of the dominant newspaper in Caracas was getting $600 million in secretive contracts from the Maduro government—the Post itself would lead the howling chorus impaling that newspaper and that government for making a mockery of a free press. It is time for the Post to take a dose of its own medicine.”

https://www.thenation.com/article/amazo ... -contract/

Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

JLives wrote:It's not going to become a crime. It's becoming not possible.

Yes, but what used to be a norm now becoming freakishly rare. When somebody says - "Hey I don't want to be in someone's database or seen by public cameras" the person is perceived as shifty or trying to hide something. Next step - assuming the person is doing something illegal. Next step - making privacy illegal.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Currently the only privacy we have is using cash for purchases.
And they're working on that.
India is the training ground for cashlessness.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
dirtrider
Lord of the Board

Post by dirtrider »

I hate to tell u queenie but the bills are embedded with micro mini chips that tract your buying habits.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Did you write that with a straight face? Or....link? :D
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

dirtrider wrote:I hate to tell u queenie but the bills are embedded with micro mini chips that tract your buying habits.

I just googled it and nothing came up.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I'm thinking "smirk" [icon_lol2.gif]
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Interesting read here.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/03/10/wik ... l-me-once/

So you can all stop wearing your little foil hats as the CIA isn't reading your minds. (and why would it even want too.)
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!

Return to “World”