Cop hits teen 12 times

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Cop hits teen 12 times

Post by maryjane48 »

Newly released police body camera footage from Springfield, Illinois, shows an officer punching a 19-year-old man nearly a dozen times.The footage released Monday stems from an altercation last month that led to 32-year-old officer Samuel A. Rosario facing misdemeanor battery and felony official misconduct charges. The video also shows Rosario taunting the man.

http://glbn.ca/ba9Vam
What_the
Übergod

Re: Cop hits teen 12 times

Post by What_the »

How did that dummy even get a badge?
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Video wouldn't play so I don't know what I missed.

I have to ask though; what is it that you have against cops in general? You seem to seek out the stories of police acting badly, which admittedly aren't that hard to find but the truth is, there are many, many more instances where police acted heroically, or compassionately, or honestly.

I am as outraged as anyone else when cops do stupid stuff but I don't have to go looking for it.

Try to imagine the world without them. All of them.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

mexicalidreamer wrote:Video wouldn't play so I don't know what I missed.

I have to ask though; what is it that you have against cops in general? You seem to seek out the stories of police acting badly, which admittedly aren't that hard to find but the truth is, there are many, many more instances where police acted heroically, or compassionately, or honestly.

I am as outraged as anyone else when cops do stupid stuff but I don't have to go looking for it.

i find them right next to the first nation stories . but the bigger point is pretending it doesnt happen doesnt change anything . and im not a reporter i dont write the articles .

tye bigger question is why do you want the posts on here filtered ?
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

mexicalidreamer wrote:Video wouldn't play so I don't know what I missed.

Agreed
Start seeking out stories of First Nations doing stupid stuff, and wasting our tax money..... we would find just as many..... :smt045
Ranger66
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Ranger66 »

“but I don't have to go looking for it.”

But you should, because the faster we eliminate the bad cops the sooner the good cops will get the respect they deserve.
To cool to live, to smart to die or no good deed should go unpunished
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

tye bigger question is why do you want the posts on here filtered

I don't want anything filtered. I asked you a question that you have declined to answer. That is filtering.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

OK, and back to the topic....

Obviously the first cop is a goof and the big question is how someone like him could get a job as a cop. But, we have to keep in mind that police in the US are not paid nearly as well as police in Canada for example.

Even benefits are nothing like Canadian police have.

Now, what about the fact a second cop shows up and is going to cuff the young man the first cop is wailing on ? The second cop isn't pulling the first cop off, telling him to stop, he appears to be complicit in the beating.

I'd say the police department has a bigger problem than just with the first cop.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

It's very obvious that the first cop's force response was so far over the top and unnecessary that it's nothing less than assault.

But...

my5cents wrote:OK, and back to the topic....

Obviously the first cop is a goof and the big question is how someone like him could get a job as a cop. But, we have to keep in mind that police in the US are not paid nearly as well as police in Canada for example.

Now, what about the fact a second cop shows up and is going to cuff the young man the first cop is wailing on ? The second cop isn't pulling the first cop off, telling him to stop, he appears to be complicit in the beating.

I'd say the police department has a bigger problem than just with the first cop.

The challenge here is that instances where force is being utilized, there is still a perceived "threat" until the threat has been removed. In this case, if the second cop tried to restrain the first cop, the 19 year old could have regrouped and attacked during that time. In a tense event where there could be one or more threats, expecting two police officers to dedicate themselves to restraining one another is simply unsafe. So I don't have an issue with the actions of the second officer, and there seems to be some mounted evidence against the first officer where the courts can assess and lay charges.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

FreeRights wrote:It's very obvious that the first cop's force response was so far over the top and unnecessary that it's nothing less than assault.

But...

my5cents wrote:OK, and back to the topic....

The challenge here is that instances where force is being utilized, there is still a perceived "threat" until the threat has been removed. In this case, if the second cop tried to restrain the first cop, the 19 year old could have regrouped and attacked during that time. In a tense event where there could be one or more threats, expecting two police officers to dedicate themselves to restraining one another is simply unsafe. So I don't have an issue with the actions of the second officer, and there seems to be some mounted evidence against the first officer where the courts can assess and lay charges.

I mispoke stating "pulling off". The second cop arrives and goes to assist saying "put your hands behind your back, put your hand behind your back". The first cop say "he's good, he's good, don't do it" and continues to strike the (I'll use the word) victim another half dozen or so times. The first cop is not conducting himself in a manner consistent with subduing and affecting an arrest. If he was he would have accepted the help of the second cop to do so. He is conducting himself consistent with assault.

The second cop, if acting approprietly should be continuing to try to assist in subduing the male and should at that point, verbally tell the first cop, "let's turn him over", or "OK, let's cuff him"

Certainly arriving the second cop sees the first cop wailing away on the male, and then when the second cop states instructions to the male to "put your hands behind your back" and the first cop states to the second cop "he's good, he's good don't do it" (don't cuff him) The second cop should be questioning.

Fist fighting is extremely rare when affecting an arrest.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

It is extremely rare, but questioning or arguing with another police officer during a force incident is never a safe practice.

Courts exist to hold police accountable, safely, after the misconduct has transpired. Having been involved with force situations in the past, I can appreciate how unsafe going "off script" can be in these high pressure situations.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

FreeRights wrote:It is extremely rare, but questioning or arguing with another police officer during a force incident is never a safe practice.

Courts exist to hold police accountable, safely, after the misconduct has transpired. Having been involved with force situations in the past, I can appreciate how unsafe going "off script" can be in these high pressure situations.

Yes, it's best to just let him wail away on the guy. Much better than stating "I've got his arms stop hitting him". What's six or so more blows, while Cop # 2 watches.

So what would cop # 1 have to be doing before cop # 2 would be, in you mind, OK to do anything other than watch ?

As for "off script" I think you could say, wailing away on the male, while telling the covering officer, "he's good, he's good, don't do it" is the biggest departure from a "script". Well at least in Canada it is.

But that's just me.
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

There's over 900,000 law enforcement officers in the United States. Is it surprising that some are not very good at their jobs? Here's a challenge for MJ, why not post a few good stories about police as well as the bad ones? I notice you don't post any stories that paint First Nations in a negative light.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 25th, 2017, 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

That cop is a wimp. He hit that kid that many times and the kid got up and walked away.
Black Dogs Matter

Return to “World”