3,500 American Retail stores to close...

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

3,500 American Retail stores to close...

Post by averagejoe »

Trump was right....the American economy is in trouble.

America's retail apocalypse: How 3,500 stores are set to close across the country in just the next two months

US chains like Abercrombie & Fitch, BCBG and Guess are shutting stores
Major department stores like Macy's, JCPenney, Sears, and Kmart are also planning to close branches
Due to rise of people choosing online shopping over visiting actual malls

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4cAGKSipB
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: 3,500 American Retail stores to close...

Post by GordonH »

The internet & online shopping is blasting brick & mortar all to hell. Since many now offer free delivery, why leave comfort of home.
Hermitville here we come. lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

GordonH wrote:The internet & online shopping is blasting brick & mortar all to hell. Since many now offer free delivery, why leave comfort of home.

Lots of people out of work and empty shopping centers....
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Look at Orchard park...there have been lots of closures in the last 2 months....
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

averagejoe wrote:
GordonH wrote:The internet & online shopping is blasting brick & mortar all to hell. Since many now offer free delivery, why leave comfort of home.

Lots of people out of work and empty shopping centers....

Yes, don't kid yourselves that is happening here too. Walking in a mall last weekend and noticed 3 or 4 empty spots. It's no wonder though with the greedy landlords wanting ridiculous amounts of rent, what goes around comes around.

To make things even worse we found the product we were looking for in a retail outlet so we could see and touch it and make sure it was what we wanted then went home and ordered it online from Costco because it was $60 bucks cheaper. Bye-Bye bricks and mortar and all the jobs that went with them.
Last edited by krocky on Mar 23rd, 2017, 9:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

averagejoe wrote:Lots of people out of work and empty shopping centres....

Even when those auto plants comeback they will not be employing anywhere near the amount of workers it once did. Only reason they are returning is low overhead using automation to build vehicles. Technology doing away with the need human labour, same in retail industry.
Why have bunch of retail stores when 1 huge warehouse and package sorting & delivery will work, will hell of lot less overhead
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Amazon started it, others are following suit. What retail will soon look like by the major players:
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

GordonH wrote:Why have bunch of retail stores when 1 huge warehouse and package sorting & delivery will work, will hell of lot less overhead

Really? :135:

Pretty greedy of you...to put all those people out of work and all the other supporting stores.

GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Why have bunch of retail stores when 1 huge warehouse and package sorting & delivery will work, will hell of lot less overhead

averagejoe wrote:Really? :135:

Pretty greedy of you...to put all those people out of work and all the other supporting stores.

Not me averagejoe, its shareholders wanting ever bigger returns on there investments

Added: once companies go public they then answer to the shareholders
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

GordonH wrote:
averagejoe wrote:Really? :135:

Not me averagejoe, its shareholders wanting ever bigger returns on there investments
Added: once companies go public they then answer to the shareholders

OK then, greedy shareholders..!! But haven't you heard, on-line shopping is just a "trend" so it'll die down soon and everyone will be back to work..LOL... don't worry though, if not, JT will make sure "EVERYONE" has a job..!!! :laugh:
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The stores are putting people out of work - the stock isn't there if there is an online option. HMV - closed (permanently).
Aéropostale, the teen clothing retailer has announced the closure of 113 U.S. locations and 41 stores in Canada.

http://www.clark.com/major-retailers-closing-stores
There's been lists of the comings and goings and it's only going to continue.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Did it really take Trump's words to convince us, who didn't know this trend already?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

And Sears is in trouble. Maybe the lease rates are killing them. Maybe it's on-line shopping. Or maybe people are fed up with sub-standard assistance by staff who are asked to do too much instead of helping customers.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#199321
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Queen K wrote:And Sears is in trouble. Maybe the lease rates are killing them. Maybe it's on-line shopping. Or maybe people are fed up with sub-standard assistance by staff who are asked to do too much instead of helping customers.

Lots of stores in America are in trouble...just to much to post.

Retail falling apart after years of decline and on-line shopping.

GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Queen K wrote:And Sears is in trouble. Maybe the lease rates are killing them. Maybe it's on-line shopping. Or maybe people are fed up with sub-standard assistance by staff who are asked to do too much instead of helping customers.

averagejoe wrote:Lots of stores in America are in trouble...just to much to post.

Retail falling apart after years of decline and on-line shopping.

It's combination of more online purchasing & companies cutting back floor staff/customer service.
Oh yes then there are shareholders wanting bigger returns on their investments.

Add it all up & the brick and mortar store fronts are a slowly dieing beard

Added later: more & more grocery stores are now having home delivery, you place an order online & either pick it up at the store or have them delivery it.

Return to “World”