Leftists trying to censor Right Wing on Youtube

jamapple
Übergod

Re: Leftists trying to censor Right Wing on Youtube

Post by jamapple »

FreeRights wrote:This is my favorite because "echo chamber" is the new buzzword on the right that you keep repeating.

Then you are truly out of the loop my friend. I don't repeat it continually, GB does. If you actually read any of the posts, you would see that. But that's ok, you're entitled to your opinion without being "hated" :130:
:topic:
JollyGreenBully
Banned

Post by JollyGreenBully »

The Green Barbarian wrote:The Left wants to shut down anybody on Youtube who dares disagree with them. Shocking! So typical of the horrible Left, who always want anyone who has a different opinion than them censored or arrested. Just disgusting!!!

I'm not going to bother watching your entire video, but PewDiePie is mentioned right off the bat. The video says PewDiePie is just a game reviewer which is true, but he started inserting more and more Nazi imagery into his videos over time and even hired some performers to hold up a sign that said "Death to All Jews."

Disney slowly wanted nothing to do with him and then YouTube slowly wanted nothing to do with him.

It's disgusting that you're blaming "the left" for supposedly censoring people like PewDiePie. Maybe look into what these YouTubers have done to *bleep* off the corporations sponsoring them instead of just blindly claiming that leftists have some conspiracy going on to censor everyone and throw them in jail.

Or do you believe PewDiePie's sign is OK and that all Jewish people should die? 
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

This is a common theme for the downtrodden right.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

jamapple wrote: I don't repeat it continually, GB does.

I repeat it because its true. What I don't do is what the Left is doing right now, trying to silence others' opinions.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
JollyGreenBully
Banned

The Green Barbarian wrote:What I don't do is what the Left is doing right now, trying to silence others' opinions.

Sure you don't, but I never knew that Disney was part of this evil "Left' you keep talking about. The company dropped PewDiePie over anti-Semitic jokes which then negatively affected the guy's reputation with YouTube:

http://kotaku.com/disney-drops-pewdiepie-over-anti-semitic-jokes-1792324412

One of his videos showed a guy dressed as Jesus saying Hitler did nothing wrong:

One of those depicted a man dressed as Jesus Christ saying, “Hitler did absolutely nothing wrong.”

Since you never bothered answering my last question will you answer this one? Do you believe Hitler did nothing wrong? If you were running a corporation and some guy you invested time and money in started showing Nazi imagery in his videos, paying people to hold signs saying Jews should die, and saying Hitler did nothing wrong, would you boot him? Or do you still think this is all about the "Left" trying to silence people?
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

The Green Barbarian wrote:The Left wants to shut down anybody on Youtube who dares disagree with them. Shocking! So typical of the horrible Left, who always want anyone who has a different opinion than them censored or arrested. Just disgusting!!!

Well they aren't shutting anyone down, they are just putting some (and possibly all) videos in restricted mode. Which means someone will have to create an account to verify their age to watch those videos.

I am not sure we can even call it censoring. I personally haven't watched this specific guys videos, or anyone else he mentioned in the video, so I have no idea what kind of content they even put out. I am sure being put in the restricted mode warrants more then just a "right-wing" view point. Could be things like language, or graphics that could be deemed inappropriate for people of a certain age. The videos are still up and are still able to be watched, you just have to be of a certain age.

As well, youtube has recently also started putting videos containing LGBTQ content on restricted mode. So maybe instead of CONSTANTLY playing the political victim card, people start looking for other reasons why they are facing road blocks like Youtube is just a d*ck, or your videos truly aren't appropriate for kids under 18.

ETA: I decided to log on to my Youtube account and put it in the restricted mode. Some of the channels I watch, that are considered social justice warrior-y also have a majority of their videos restricted, and even some channels didn't even show up. But yah, the "horrible left"...
hail Satan y'all
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

Here is a quote from Youtube regarding the LGBTQ restrictions, but it does also cover restricting more political topics such as the issue with the OP.

“We are so proud to represent LGBTQ+ voices on our platform—they’re a key part of what YouTube is all about. The intention of Restricted Mode is to filter out mature content for the tiny subset of our users who want a more limited experience. LGBTQ+ videos are available in Restricted Mode, but videos that discuss more sensitive issues may not be. We regret any confusion this has caused and are looking into your concerns. We appreciate your feedback and passion for making YouTube such an inclusive, diverse, and vibrant community.”

A YouTube spokesperson also sent a canned statement to TechCrunch that said “Restricted Mode is an optional feature used by a very small subset of users who want to have a more limited YouTube experience. Videos that contain LGBT topics are available in Restricted Mode, however, some videos that cover subjects like health, politics and sexuality may not appear for users and institutions that choose to use this feature.

https://techcrunch.com/2017/03/19/youtube-lgbt-restricted-mode/

So maybe it isn't just the right being attacked by the "big bad horrible left".
hail Satan y'all
JollyGreenBully
Banned

whatwhat wrote:So maybe it isn't just the right being attacked by the "big bad horrible left".

It's obviously not unless one believes in conspiracy theories or just wants to blame the "Left" for everything. Although, gays are quite often left-leaning and some of their videos are being blocked as well as you pointed out.

If you look into it further YouTube has apologized for certain videos being disabled or invisible while in Restricted mode. It seems that there are some kinks that need to be worked out.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

JollyGreenBully wrote:It's obviously not unless one believes in conspiracy theories or just wants to blame the "Left" for everything. Although, gays are quite often left-leaning and some of their videos are being blocked as well as you pointed out.

If you look into it further YouTube has apologized for certain videos being disabled or invisible while in Restricted mode. It seems that there are some kinks that need to be worked out.

Well I guess "Youtube restricting all types of videos regardless of political stance (and sexual orientation) to "protect" underaged children but video's are still available for viewing to people who are of age" just doesn't have the same ring!

ETA: I hope GB just doesn't abandon this thread lol. He was out to bash the left so it would be interesting to see what his opinion is on Youtube restrictions are affecting all different types, even SJW's and the gays!
hail Satan y'all
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

JollyGreenBully
Banned

Topic title = leftists trying to censor right wing on youtube

Links you just posted = YouTube itself (not leftists nor right-wingers) censoring anything and everything it feels like

What is the actual topic here? Whether YouTube should be allowed to censor people? Or is it still about evil leftists trying to censor the right-wing?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

The Green Barbarian wrote:

Aired March 28th?! But I thought the video in your first post was supposed to be his "LAST EVER VIDEO"?
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

The Green Barbarian wrote:

People have been making "YouTube is dying" videos for as long as YouTube has existed.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump

Return to “World”