Buddha of the Board

Re: Bmw to offer wireless charger for your ev

Post by maryjane48 »

they are out now . im still alive. your wrong again [icon_lol2.gif]
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

maryjane48 wrote:they are out now . im still alive. your wrong again [icon_lol2.gif]

Where?
While it’s still a few years away from being even available here,
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

maryjane48 wrote:https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2017/9/25/16363038/bmw-wireless-charging-pad-for-cars-530e

matter of time before systems like this are along a road . charging as you drive :130:

We have had this exact conversation, but I'll post it again.
Tske a look at the cell phone network, how long it has taken to set up and,how little coverage there is. It will take forever to set up a system like this. Again, who pays for all the electricity? It's wireless so how do you monitor usage? [icon_lol2.gif]
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Sparki55 wrote: who pays for all the electricity? It's wireless so how do you monitor usage? [icon_lol2.gif]

Well if you think about it that would be the easy part.

I'm sure every EV has a GPS and it would be simple to track distances driven and charge per KM.
They could probably even bill your bank account automatically once a month for what you owe.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

Bsuds wrote:
Sparki55 wrote: who pays for all the electricity? It's wireless so how do you monitor usage? [icon_lol2.gif]

Well if you think about it that would be the easy part.

I'm sure every EV has a GPS and it would be simple to track distances driven and charge per KM.
They could probably even bill your bank account automatically once a month for what you owe.

So I disable my gps and now I have a free car. Bring it on then I can't wait, mine will be free and 90% of people won't know how to turn it off so they won't care about the offending 10%
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: Tesla making semi and pickup

Post by maryjane48 »

Jlabute
Guru

Re: Tesla making semi and pickup

Post by Jlabute »

A range of 200 to 300 miles. Needless to say, Tesla semi-trucks won’t be delivering themselves ;-)
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Time to buy lithium stocks

Post by maryjane48 »

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-elec ... um-2017-10

time to get in while stock still cheap :130:
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Re: Time to buy lithium stocks

Post by lesliepaul »

................and of course you yourself have not bought in...........AS USUAL! [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

i dnt play stock market so why should i buy now. but my mom did buy first diamond mine stocks in canada when they were 25 cents a stock. :130:
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

maryjane48 wrote:http://www.businessinsider.com/the-electric-vehicle-revolution-is-poised-to-supercharge-lithium-2017-10

time to get in while stock still cheap :130:

Spoken like a true clueless investor :up:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

Even though Canada has approximately 1 million tons of lithium, I am sure the same people that oppose any type of resource mining will oppose the mining of lithium, while complaining about their minimum wage jobs.
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Re: Dyson to make ev car now

Post by dogspoiler »

Will the self driver be called a Roadba ?
Black Dogs Matter
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Dyson to make ev car now

Post by Dizzy1 »

We had one of their vacuums once - it ended up in the dump.

I'd rather use toilet paper to dry my hands at an airport then use one of the AirBlade dryers which just end up spitting water all over the place as you patiently wait to get your hands somewhat dry.

Think I'll pass on one of their cars - thanks :up:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Lithium will not last long as a chemical component of auto batteries. It is rare, expensive, and has a low power density compared to what is possible. Toyota is betting on solid state lithium batteries which are a better format of Lithium... but still better will come.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.

Return to “World”