Tunnel collapse at Hanford - Radiation Leak???

Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Tunnel collapse at Hanford - Radiation Leak???

Post by Thinktank »

Last edited by Thinktank on May 10th, 2017, 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Jflem1983
Guru

Re: Meltdown at Hanford?

Post by Jflem1983 »

Many nuclear sites are aging. This is gonna keep happening .
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Meltdown? I don't think you know what a meltdown is, because this is not.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

Omnitheo wrote:Meltdown? I don't think you know what a meltdown is, because this is not.

But you gotta admit, it makes for a much more sensational headline.

It's not like TT is ever concerned with things like facts and accuracy.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

This is a storage facility for Nuclear waste and cannot "Meltdown"!

There was a collapse of a tunnel and the concern is if any Nuclear material was exposed. Which at this point is a no.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Bsuds wrote:...any Nuclear material was exposed. Which at this point is a no.

Would they tell us a lie?

:smt045

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

Major event at Hanford nuclear site

This one is not a hoax - Decades ago, two rail tunnels were built under the Hanford nuclear site near Spokane Washington, and trains full of radioactive waste were backed into them and abandoned. Must have been bad stuff . . . . . .to just abandon a train over.
Today, one of those tunnels collapsed. 9, 000 Hanford employees have been told to take cover by staying indoors, with a large number of them being completely evacuated from the immediate area of the collapse. A significant spike in radiation happened, and here's the punch line: They are saying the spike was natural, and nothing caused it!

Now, the media is not reporting the radiation spike, but independent sources have confirmed that there is indeed a radioactive situation happening, (obviously this makes sense) while authorities on scene are saying nothing bad happened. If nothing bad happened, why are 9, 000 people being kept indoors for?

Yep, this one is a BEAUTY. A perfect example of an official lie fronted in living color.

http://82.221.129.208
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Non-essential employers were allowed to leave.
Hours after authorities scrambled to respond, they determined there is no initial evidence that workers have been exposed to radiation or that there has been an "airborne radiological release."
"All personnel are accounted for, there are no injuries," Hanford emergency center spokesman Destry Henderson said. "There is no evidence of a radiological release."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/09/us/hanfor ... amination/
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

thinktank's original video clearly shows a hole in the ground.
containment, scant as it is was, was broken, and 'downwinders' are getting a much, much stronger than usual dose now.
the wind has been blowing from the w,sw, if it starts coming from the s,or se we will be getting that toxic wind.
until i see pics of the reported hole sealed, there is no reason to believe that the threat/danger is even possibly under control.
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

While I know nuclear is one of the best sources of energy, the human element is why we shouldn't expand it. We just aren't currently capable of managing it long term. Not when there is a profit factor. Situations like this will continue to happen.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Good argument for hydro power
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Tunnel collapse at Hanford - Radiation Leak???

T.Tsarnaev
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

About 250 miles in a straight line from us is Hanford, the dirtiest place on earth, and a big threat.
It's only there because some morons around the time of WW2 decided to build bombs. Lots of bombs.
Building WMDs should be illegal. Instead, Britain's moron prime minister said "We need more nuclear bombs."

There is currently a great deal of awareness about the arrival of Fukushima radiation on the West Coast. There are many people who say they will not eat fish from the Pacific Ocean, or eat food from Japan. At the same time, there is no discussion about eating Salmon from the Columbia River, drinking wines from the Columbia Valley, or fruit from the orchards that fill the downwind area around Hanford. The amount of radiation in the Hanford area dwarfs the amount arriving on the West Coast of the United States on a scale that is mindboggling. What is arriving from Fukushima is the result of the meltdowns of three nuclear cores, and it is crossing an ocean. What is stored at Hanford and leeching into the Columbia is resultant from 2/3rds of the high level nuclear waste of the United States, and is from production that began decades before Fukushima was built. This is not just contamination that is arriving today, or this year, it has been saturating the groundwater and ecosystem of the Northwest for more than 70 years.

Furthermore, the impacts from Hanford are not only what may happen, but what has already happened. Hanford downwinders have suffered generations of cancers and other diseases across a wide area of Eastern Washington and beyond. There is a legacy of death and illness that spans generations downwind from Hanford, and the source of those diseases percolates away in the tanks and waste sites that sit along the Columbia River, spreading deeper into the surrounding ecosystem. The radiation from Fukushima may slowly seep across the vast Pacific, while at Hanford we have the threat of a radiological explosion or terrorist act that could release volumes more radiation than was released by Fukushima and deposited in Japan any day of any week, and spread radiation across the West Coast and mountain west.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/04/29/ ... est-coast/

Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Wow. Those guys at Hanford lie like crazy.

.... to be continued

Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Hanford is arguably the most radioactively and chemically contaminated spot on earth.
    Its greatest problem is 53 million gallons of highly radioactive flunks, sludges and chunks in 177 leak-prone underground tanks seven to 11 miles from the Columbia River.
    At least 1 million gallons have already leaked and are oozing to the river.

^ That's how we deal with radiation. We build tunnels, cover it with eight feet of soil, and spend $billions babysitting
it for the next hundred years.

^ Moron. Prime Minister of Britain.

Then we elect morons, who say "more nuclear bombs needed."

Return to “World”