Pipeline has first leak

Post by maryjane48 »

https://weather.com/science/environment ... EC_51217_4

looks like the first nations were right . the dap already had a leak . :smt045
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Pipeline has first leak

Post by vegas1500 »

maryjane48 wrote:https://weather.com/science/environment/news/dakota-access-pipeline-oil-leak?cm_ven=FB_OTHER_EC_51217_4

looks like the first nations were right . the dap already had a leak . :smt045

Stop the presses....... FN said a pipeline may leak. Good thing it was a pump and wasn't the pipeline and all safety and containment systems did their job. I've seen bigger oil spills in the oil sands when a Cat 797 blew a hydraulic hose...dumping roughly 250 gallons of oil out.....

The leak occurred about 200 miles south of where the Standing Rock protests took place last year, according to NBC News. The leak came from inside a pump station in Tulare and was caught by a containment area made from gravel and a synthetic liner, the report added.

"At the pipeline’s pump station there’s what’s called a surge tank, which is used to store crude oil occasionally during the regular operation of the pipeline," Brian Walsh, an environmental scientist with state's Department of Environment and Natural Resources Ground Water Quality Program, told the Dakota Media Group. "And connected to that tank is a pump, which pumps oil back into the pipeline system, and the leak occurred at that surge pump."
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

If only Trump had bombed these idiot protesters . Makes my blood boil. Obama was gonna let em get away with this . Thank you for supporting working men President Trump. Now about this spill . Seems like they had proper containment . Seems like the containment worked . What is the issue mj . Or is this just another attempt to put a stick in the eye of hard working oil men .
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Proper planning and safety measures worked again. Could have been a semi or a rail car, lot bigger spill and straight into the environment. I'll take pipelines anytime. I believe they are by far the safest transportation method when you consider the amounts they carry and the distances. Nothing in this world is perfect, just wait till the first major battery bank explodes or your Tesla wall wipes out part or even all of your house. Everything comes with possible problems.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.

Return to “World”