Parents: Prepare your kids for left-wing campus bias

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Do college students — and their parents — truly understand how thoroughly left-wing professors dominate the humanities side of academia?

Many people know that most professors are liberal, but the degree to which the left wing rules is jaw-dropping. A study published last September in Econ Journal Watch, “Faculty Voter Registration in Economics, History, Journalism, Law, and Psychology,” documents the overwhelming left-wing nature of the voter registration of college profs at 40 leading universities. An examination of voter registration in five departments found that Democrats outnumber Republicans by 11 1/2-to-1. Even in economics, where one would think that views would be driven by data, not politics, Democrats outnumbered Republicans 4 1/2-to-1. History was practically foreign terrain for Republicans, as Democrats outnumbered them 33 1/2-to-1.

Read more;

http://www.sungazette.com/opinion/other ... mpus-bias/
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Parents: Prepare your kids for left-wing campus bias

Post by LANDM »

Do you think it is a good thing to send your children to university and have them only exposed to ideas that they were raised with?
Wouldn't a skill set in critical thinking be advantageous?
Wouldn't seeing entirely different points of view be better?

One of the advantages of university is getting exposure to very different types of people and thoughts.
You and 71 others Like this post
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

university have always mostly been left leaning .. how about telling us how the sun gives off light [icon_lol2.gif]
Ranger66
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Ranger66 »

“History was practically foreign terrain for Republicans, as Democrats outnumbered them 33 1/2-to-1.”

Why is it some people keep making the same mistakes?
To cool to live, to smart to die or no good deed should go unpunished
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Grade school too.

I was called to the principals office over a creative writing assignment about an alien invasion (which was one of the listed topics) and the aliens killed kids and teachers in the school. (apparently it is ok if kids are killed, just not teachers)

Also, don't chew your pop-tart in to the shape of a gun
https://patch.com/maryland/annapolis/po ... er-3-years

So in a zero-risk tolerance left-leaning education system, you have a growing number of children being kicked out of school because of aliens and pop-tarts... none of which are real. I am all for private education which is now a growing portion.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Ranger66
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Ranger66 »

“the aliens killed kids and teachers in the school”

Some of our most tremendous serial killers have displayed their aptitude at a young age and I would suggest it is prudent for a teacher to comment on aliens killing students and teachers. I do not believe this to be a left wing bias.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Liberal/Leftist/Marxist not only get safe places on campus...now they get their own social justice homes! [icon_lol2.gif]

Oh the pampered left.... :smt045

U of Colorado Sets up ‘Social Justice Dorm’ for Special Snowflake Students

Hallet Hall, home of social justice

Sheltered campus leftists need safe spaces apart from society to avoid being triggered by microaggressions. To that end, the University of Colorado at Boulder is dedicating one of its residence halls to transform it into a “Social Justice Living Environment.”

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/u-of-co ... -students/
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Ranger66
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Ranger66 »

"Oh the pampered left..."

Did you go to college in Lacedaemon?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Yes it is ridiculous . When I went to college a few years back
. The professor tried to teach us global warming as if it was real . What a complete load of left handed horse dung
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
JollyGreenBully
Banned

Post by JollyGreenBully »

I really don't think the people who post these topics ever attended university. Profs follow lecture patterns and don't just stop and go on rants about left-wing political issues. A lot of the time it's also really difficult to talk to a prof directly - he / she quite often has a TA to handle questions. If one is lucky enough to be at a smaller university where it's possible to talk to a prof, the prof is too busy during office hours to go on rants about political issues. The student's questions are answered and that's it.

lol at the pop-tart story though. "My damn leftist teachers stopped me from chewing a pop-tart into the shape of a dangerous weapon that kills people."

What a travesty....
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Ranger66 wrote:“the aliens killed kids and teachers in the school”

Some of our most tremendous serial killers have displayed their aptitude at a young age and I would suggest it is prudent for a teacher to comment on aliens killing students and teachers. I do not believe this to be a left wing bias.

In Canada (and I am not sure what the stats are), we have about 200,000+ drop-outs per year with no distinction if they are kicked-out which I assume is a large number. We also have 0 or 1 students that may eventually become serial killers for any given year in or after high school? Punishing children for what they 'may' become seems prudent? A lack of high school education not only affects the country but each child's future potential because of over-blown fear mongering born from the left-wing (school system is mostly liberal driven). A 0.0001% possible serial killer rate while in high school is beyond prudence and who to say if they would act their tendencies out in school? Creative writing assignments may reflect no more than what you see coming from Hollywood.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

Damn lefty teachers, what the heck do they know? What the heck do they care? Teachers are the enemy... teachers are the...oh .... "Four teachers murdered at Sandy Hook Elementary School all died heroes as they attempted to save their young pupils from a gunman they recognised as the son of one of the school’s kindergarten teachers."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... upils.html

Then there is this teacher who broke her spine using her body as a human shield over two students, protecting them from falling debris as a tornado hit their school in Oklahoma.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... stage.html

No doubt about it averagejoe; you have an ugly and disturbing way of looking at the world.
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

BeingHuman wrote:No doubt about it averagejoe; you have an ugly and disturbing way of looking at the world.

No, not really....I'm not a globalist [icon_lol2.gif]

Ranger66
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Ranger66 »

" I am not sure what the stats are"
"0.0001% possible serial killer rate"

Since you didn't actually make a point, I will stick with the concept of everyone doing the right is better for the children, instead of trying to inflict your bias on the entire system. Not NDP or conservative just the right thing to do.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Boston Magazine....

How Liberal Professors Are Ruining College

In New England, they outnumber conservatives 28 to 1. Why that’s bad for everyone.

The freshman had his hesitations. “I am somewhat ‘in the closet,’” he emailed me from the safety of his dorm room. It was near midnight on a Thursday in late October, and the young man was still adjusting to life at Brandeis University. While he was open to the idea of doing an interview, he worried about the consequences of revealing his true self. “I fear that many of my classmates would jump to conclusions about me,” he wrote, “should they all know I am a conservative.”

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/arti ... rofessors/

Return to “World”