Parents: Prepare your kids for left-wing campus bias

f/22
Board Meister

Re: Parents: Prepare your kids for left-wing campus bias

Post by f/22 »

Not my first rodeo at trying to find and stick this type of on-topic material on this thread.

If you’re really concerned about your conservative kids and want to give them some actual advice.

The Conservative Student's Survival Guide

Seven ways to turn the challenges into opportunities and growth.

1. Face reality. . . think critically about what you’re being taught
2. Seek out allies . . . seek out groups
3. Avoid pointless ideological battles . . . recognise that many left wing faculty are committed to an open discussion of controversial topics
4. Stay cool . . . think of yourself as an ambassador for conservative ideas . . . the person who loses his cool often loses the debate
5. Choose wisely . . . consider a major that isn’t inherently hostile to conservative ideas
6. Know your rights . . . (there are organizations that can help you)
7. Work hard . . . read the assigned materials, take part in class discussions, and show that you understand the key concepts—chances are you’ll do just fine.

Prerequisite course:

f/22
Board Meister

Post by f/22 »

The previous professor’s lecture was pretty typical of the classroom.

Here’s one of my favorite profs for his attention grabbing and retentive fire.

Jordan Peterson - Why You Go To College!

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

On a positive note! It's a start....

Florida school dumps common core then skyrockets to number one in English Language Arts, with 90 percent scoring proficient.

There is a reason that people have learned reading, writing and arithmetic in generally the same way over the years, and that’s because the tried-and-true traditional methods work. That’s why many people wondered what the real agenda of the Common Core national standards were when the Obama administration started pushing for it so relentlessly. This ridiculous set of educational standards has left many students and parents baffled and frustrated, and it’s believed to be a key reason that American kids are lagging behind other nations in academic performance. What would happen if we got rid of it entirely? If the results gained by one Florida school are any indication, we would likely all be much better off.

Mason Classical Academy, a charter school in Naples, Florida, prides itself on providing a classical education, which it believes brings about “superior educational results” – and leading the county in English Language Arts is proof they’re on the right track.

They have rejected the backward approach of Common Core, which sees kids memorize entire words in kindergarten before later being introduced to phonics once they are in elementary school. By that point, their brains are already used to whole words, which makes grasping the concept of phonics and applying it far more difficult than it needs to be.

http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-07-04-f ... cient.html
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Beaton

Post by Beaton »

Universities are generally left wing leaning because the people there are educated. They have studied history. they are curious. They explore new ideas. They realize that while conservative ideas are fine, good government requites a balance of ideas from all sides; not just one. No one gave any political party the monopoly on good ideas.

Unfortunately the far right wing conservatives seem to feel their ideas are the only viable ones as clearly evidenced by some of the posts on this thread. And let's not forget that it is generally "liberal" kids who are fighting on the side of inclusiveness at universities.

Simply google "US conservative states and voter eduction" and you will find the the most conservative states has the lowest average voter eduction levels while liberal states have the highest education levels. http://time.com/101697/blue-states-bara ... ed-states/ There are some anomalies but this is generally true. The trump election made this disparity even more clear. The crowning glory of ignorance being the most conservative state of all is Texas where over 19% of registered voters did not graduate from high school.

So yes, "conservative" kids, like every all the other kids, should go to university to get and eduction and broaden their thinking to become creative and active citizens capable of thinking for themselves and be able to identify good ideas regardless of where they come from and not be stuck in a single ideological rut for the rest of their lives.
neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by neilsimon »

Is it left-wing bias to support social liberalism or is it just a result of being more intelligent?
There are lots of evidence that correlates liberalism with higher IQs, irrespective of which political party one votes for.
https://www.livescience.com/18132-intelligence-social-conservatism-racism.html
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289614000373
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

neilsimon wrote:Is it left-wing bias to support social liberalism or is it just a result of being more intelligent?
There are lots of evidence that correlates liberalism with higher IQs,

:spitcoffee: Your joking right?

Don't be so high on yourself. [icon_lol2.gif]

Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

neilsimon wrote:Is it left-wing bias to support social liberalism or is it just a result of being more intelligent?
There are lots of evidence that correlates liberalism with higher IQs, irrespective of which political party one votes for.
https://www.livescience.com/18132-intelligence-social-conservatism-racism.html
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289614000373

Totally agree.

I'm of the opinion that Democrats have to simply give up on the knuckle dragging rural voter and focus entirely on the educated liberal city folk. The Democrats are wasting their efforts trying to get through to the Hannity watchers of the US, they're too far gone and only leads to an unfocused platform that appeals to no one.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by neilsimon »

averagejoe wrote:
There are lots of evidence that correlates liberalism with higher IQs,

:spitcoffee: Your joking right?

Don't be so high on yourself. [icon_lol2.gif]

You could attack the argument and not the arguer and further the discussion, or you could engage in ad hominem attacks and just make it look as if you have no argument.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

neilsimon wrote:You could attack the argument and not the arguer and further the discussion, or you could engage in ad hominem attacks and just make it look as if you have no argument.

Proof please....that leftists are so smart?

I'll give you some... :smt045

Dumb Liberal Hippies Don't Know Why They're Protesting

When LIBERAL LOGIC FAILS! CRINGE COMPILATION [BEST of *bleep*]

neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by neilsimon »

averagejoe wrote:
neilsimon wrote:You could attack the argument and not the arguer and further the discussion, or you could engage in ad hominem attacks and just make it look as if you have no argument.

Proof please....that leftists are so smart?

I'll give you some... :smt045 ...

Too small a sample size.
Also, I'm really more arguing that liberalism (both social and economic) are actually associated with higher levels of intelligence and education than social conservatism.
Can you find suitable evidence, which hasn't already been debunked by snopes or similar, that there is no such correlation?
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

neilsimon wrote:Also, I'm really more arguing that liberalism (both social and economic) are actually associated with higher levels of intelligence and education than social conservatism.
Can you find suitable evidence, which hasn't already been debunked by snopes or similar, that there is no such correlation?

No, your turn I already proved how dumb leftists are....your go! :130:

neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by neilsimon »

averagejoe wrote:
neilsimon wrote:Also, I'm really more arguing that liberalism (both social and economic) are actually associated with higher levels of intelligence and education than social conservatism.

No, your turn I already proved how dumb leftists are....your go! :130:

No you didn't. At best, and this is being quite generous, you showed that there are dumb people who you would describe as leftists. That's it. Nothing more. Finding examples of dumb people is trivial. They are everywhere. Just Google for "dumb trump supporters interviewed" and watch the videos. BTW, I'm sure that there are similarly dumb supporters of most mainstream politicians, just that there are lots of videos of Trump supporters saying the stupidest things.

The fact is that I provided peer reviewed evidence that those who are liberal (nothing to do with being leftist, or not) have higher IQs.

There have been many studies which provide evidence of this. But absolutely none claim that being conservative makes you stupid, just that being intelligent makes you more likely to be liberal. University professors tend to be quite intelligent and also more liberal than the average. I don't think this is any coincidence.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

neilsimon wrote:The fact is that I provided peer reviewed evidence that those who are liberal (nothing to do with being leftist, or not) have higher IQs.

Ok fill your boots on how smart leftists are.....lets see your peer reviewed evidence to speak of.... :135:

Live science isn't proof....it's a magazine. Lets see your personal proof.

neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by neilsimon »

averagejoe wrote:
neilsimon wrote:The fact is that I provided peer reviewed evidence that those who are liberal (nothing to do with being leftist, or not) have higher IQs.

Ok fill your boots on how smart leftists are.....lets see your peer reviewed evidence to speak of.... :135:

Live science isn't proof....it's a magazine. Lets see your personal proof.

You seem to be having a very hard time understanding what I write. I didn't suggest that "leftists" are smart, but that there was a correlation between liberalism and intelligence (for which there is lots of evidence). I never said I provided proof, just evidence, and included more than one link. I assume you can go back and read them. But, if you don't believe them, just Google for more, there are lots and lots of articles, papers, studies, etc. to support my assertion.

Return to “World”