Oil price collapse

slootman
Übergod

Re: Oil price collapse

Post by slootman »

I don't think the mainstream transition to electric vehicles and vehicle sharing will come as quick as the author expects. Not even close. If electric vehicles become more popular, gas will just be offered cheaper. I expect it will be decades before a significant shift from gas vehicles will take place.

And yes, there are so many other uses for oil that automobiles alone won't be a huge impact. It takes a bunch of oil just to build an electric vehicle. Plus all the other stuff people use that comes from oil...thinking that ditching gas vehicles will be the end of oil production is pretty naive.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

slootman wrote:I don't think the mainstream transition to electric vehicles and vehicle sharing will come as quick as the author expects. Not even close. If electric vehicles become more popular, gas will just be offered cheaper. I expect it will be decades before a significant shift from gas vehicles will take place.

And yes, there are so many other uses for oil that automobiles alone won't be a huge impact. It takes a bunch of oil just to build an electric vehicle. Plus all the other stuff people use that comes from oil...thinking that ditching gas vehicles will be the end of oil production is pretty naive.

Bingo .
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

slootman wrote:And yes, there are so many other uses for oil that automobiles alone won't be a huge impact. It takes a bunch of oil just to build an electric vehicle. Plus all the other stuff people use that comes from oil...thinking that ditching gas vehicles will be the end of oil production is pretty naive.

In production of raw oil there 2 items at the end, 1 is unusable thats is the sludge the other is gasoline.
All the other item come off in process i.e grease, plastics, resin, diesel etc.... etc
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

maryjane48 wrote:now but facts are oil is going to run out . you havent firgured that out yet .

Funny how we just seem to keep finding more - and one reserve is bigger than the last :130:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

MJ you and probably everyone on this forum will be long gone before the worlds demand for oil ceases. Go up to fort Mac sometime, you will love the smell of money....I mean oil.....
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

vegas1500 wrote:MJ you and probably everyone on this forum will be long gone before the worlds demand for oil ceases. Go up to fort Mac sometime, you will love the smell of money....I mean oil.....

Just don't go up there with Jane Fonda, David Suzuki, Neil Young or James Cameron, as the smell of bull :cuss: will be too strong to smell the money.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

The smell of money at Fort Mac? The cost per barrel from the Oil/Tar Sands is about $50 for the early plants like Syncrude. So they are just breaking even, some of the time. The more recent plants are as much as $65 to $70 dollars per barrel. Shell recently threw in the towel and sold their holdings for peanuts to Canadian Natural Resources. Any smell of money up there is from the money bleeding from these corporations. Conventional oil is making money in Alberta, but the Sands isn't right now.

The price will have to rise for a return to profitability. Any sign of $65 or $70 a barrel anytime soon?
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Being the devils advocate if prices stay low or fall and it kills Alberta oil it's a shame because they have supported Canada for decades and there is nothing coming up to replace it. If the leftists are right and wind and solar are free that means no income for our governments only huge expenses for all the subsidies they pay for these alternative sources because as is proven in California and elsewhere that is the only way they work. Canada will be in serious trouble if those times come too fast.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.

Return to “World”