Comments on memes/cartoons

Re: Comments on memes/cartoons

Postby Ka-El » Feb 9th, 2018, 8:43 am

averagejoe wrote:Image

Ironically, we ask the same question of all you alt-right extremists so unhappy to live in a country known for it's tolerance and inclusion. What the hell is stopping you from moving to a country where people are inspired to hate each other. Go.
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill

Queen K likes this post.
Ka-El
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3363 posts

Postby Ka-El » Feb 10th, 2018, 8:16 am

Dizzy1 wrote:
averagejoe wrote:Image

Good Lord, even I could have done a better job photoshopping that picture :laugh:

When you're pushing "fake news" it is not about quality, but rather quantity. :smt045

*the people who would buy such nonsense are not going to be the brightest bulbs on the cord anyway.
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill

Omnitheo likes this post.
Ka-El
Lord of the Board

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 18th, 2018, 8:47 pm

Ka-El wrote: What the hell is stopping you from moving to a country where people are inspired to hate each other. Go.

yet when it comes to "hate" it is hard to see much difference between the alt right or the alt left. Seeing Antifa scumbags attacking cops it makes it hard to swallow that only one side of the ledger is consumed by "hate". There seems to be a lot of it going around on both sides.
Remember who is truly to blame for this insanely stupid trade war with Alberta - all of you people who voted for the NDP in the last election. Never let it happen again.

Not all leftists are stupid, but most stupid people are leftists - Dr. Don Boys

Queen K likes this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 13006 posts

Postby Poindexter » Yesterday, 8:27 am

The Green Barbarian wrote:yet when it comes to "hate" it is hard to see much difference between the alt right or the alt left. Seeing Antifa scumbags attacking cops it makes it hard to swallow that only one side of the ledger is consumed by "hate". There seems to be a lot of it going around on both sides.

Intolerance of the intolerant is different than intolerance of innocent people.

To say they are two sides of the same coin is merely an attempt at intellectual gymnastics from someone who is incapable of sticking the landing.

2 people like this post.
Poindexter
Guru

Liked in: 3528 posts

Postby Verum » Yesterday, 9:17 am

Poindexter wrote:
The Green Barbarian wrote:yet when it comes to "hate" it is hard to see much difference between the alt right or the alt left. Seeing Antifa scumbags attacking cops it makes it hard to swallow that only one side of the ledger is consumed by "hate". There seems to be a lot of it going around on both sides.

Intolerance of the intolerant is different than intolerance of innocent people.

To say they are two sides of the same coin is merely an attempt at intellectual gymnastics from someone who is incapable of sticking the landing.

Yes, in this day and age one expects people to have some understanding of the paradox of tolerance, either explicitly or implicitly:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_tolerance
I am no fan of antifa, but the false equivalence that the apologists for the alt-right like to use, and the disingenuous use of the term "alt-left" is pathetic in this day and age.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Explains why so few people reply to me, and why I might not reply

2 people like this post.
Verum
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 727 posts

Postby Ka-El » Yesterday, 9:44 am

Verum wrote: I am no fan of antifa, but the false equivalence that the apologists for the alt-right like to use, and the disingenuous use of the term "alt-left" is pathetic in this day and age.

"That's what you are but what am I?"
Ka-El
Lord of the Board

Postby Glacier » Yesterday, 10:19 am

Verum wrote:Yes, in this day and age one expects people to have some understanding of the paradox of tolerance, either explicitly or implicitly:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_tolerance
I am no fan of antifa, but the false equivalence that the apologists for the alt-right like to use, and the disingenuous use of the term "alt-left" is pathetic in this day and age.

How does one even attempt to verify who is worse or more violent? It seems to be all based upon opinions and conjectures as to whether it's false equivalency or not. Bad ideas should be condemned, and violence/thuggery should be condemned. Legal peaceful protests are fine no matter how repugnant the ideas held by the protestors are. I would guess that 95% of the protests on both sides are peaceful, but they don't get media attention until they escalate into violence, which, if you want attention for your cause, means you have the temptation to cause violence just to get attention.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 8356 posts

Previous

Return to World