Comments on memes/cartoons/videos

Veovis
Guru

Re: Comments on memes/cartoons

Post by Veovis »

averagejoe wrote:Image

people still don't know this was a pile of BS? wow.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

So 40 years ago, without vaccines, autism was 1 in 10k. Yet he claims to have had over 35k patients, not one of which has autism. Interesting.

I think trusting a doctor who claims that out of tens and thousands of patients they’ve never diagnosed anyone with any level of autism is about the same as trusting an auto mechanic who claims that in 40 years they have never seen such a thing as a flat tire.

Clearly his claims of zero autistic patients is false however. As he has a quack treatment for autism that involves chemically castrating people.

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.chicagotr ... y,amp.html
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

He says that 40 years ago there wasn't a problem, then in the same statement says that for 40 years he been saying there's a problem. Contradicts his own claim before he's even finished making it. :135:
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

80 years ago there was less cancers too.......well not really, just that they weren't diagnosed.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Veovis wrote:80 years ago there was less cancers too.......well not really, just that they weren't diagnosed.

There was less cancer, but that's largely because people didn't live as long in the past. Also, diseases related to malnutrition are WAY down while diseases related to obesity are up (and that includes some cancers). Also, cancers related to whoring are way up (throat and cervical cancer) while cancers related to smoking are down (except for throat cancer, see above).
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Fair enough there Glacier, I should have just stuck to my main thought I suppose. The only real change in Autism rates is actually determining who is on the spectrum and that for a long long time weird and awkward kids were just weird and awkward. All that changed was that we started diagnosing things that already existed.

What people used to (and still do when unaware) is diagnose people by looks, if they don't "look autistic" they must not be.

This quack just abused things for personal reasons.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Is glacier suggesting that “whoring” is a new phenomen?
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Omnitheo wrote:Is glacier suggesting that “whoring” is a new phenomen?

Yes and no. The levels have gone up in recent decades, but there's evidence that the levels might be dropping over the past decade.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I've always believed that the families of politicians should be left out of our rabid need for endless self satisfaction that whomever we are against is driven into the ground. Particularly children as in this meme. Disgraceful and no need for it.

Gone_Fishin wrote:Image
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by d0nb »

Queen K wrote:I've always believed that the families of politicians should be left out of our rabid need for endless self satisfaction that whomever we are against is driven into the ground. Particularly children as in this meme. Disgraceful and no need for it.

We have set the bar so low it’s sometimes hard to notice when one of the old rules of civility gets violated. It isn’t going to get better any time soon, if ever.

But what a perfectly adorable family. One can only hope that JT will soon set aside the heavy burden of public service and have more time to enjoy his blessings.
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

That is the most polite, "I Hope he loses the next election" we will ever read. :130:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Agreed, especially if he used SOON, instead of soon
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Oh you two, stop it. At great risk of Gone_Fishin coming in here with more of his loony tune 2 percent theory, I will say you two hope for SOONER, but I'm thinking the nation will say "later." Just guessing.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

oh man, now that is funny.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Queen K wrote:I've always believed that the families of politicians should be left out of our rabid need for endless self satisfaction that whomever we are against is driven into the ground. Particularly children as in this meme. Disgraceful and no need for it.

I'd agree except that the Trudeaus used their kids as political props. There was "no need" for them to be dressed up as they were in the Trudeau clown-show nor should they have been forced into doing these political photo-ops on this trip. What the hell were they even doing there??? No wonder Justin's kid looks so confused, he's suddenly being forced to do some photo-op and has no clue what is going on. This was no different than Trudeau forcing his youngest son to dress up as the female character from Paw Patrol for Halloween. Once again you could argue that there is no need to comment on it, but it was the Trudeaus who made the public spectacle out of their kids.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson

Return to “World”