Comments on memes/cartoons/videos

Omnitheo
Guru

Re: Political memes/cartoons here *language warning*

Post by Omnitheo »

Poindexter wrote:
This is a quote from Robert Muller, not Robert Mueller. :laugh:
quote-we-must-move-as-quickly-as-possible-to-a-one-world-government-a-one-world-religion-under-robert-muller-68-52-70.jpg

http://www.azquotes.com/author/20508-Robert_Muller

Oh we've talked about this kind of thing before. The poster doesn't fact check, and when called out his defence is "it's just a meme"
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Political memes/cartoons here *language warning*

Post by Queen K »

Expect one may call it a stretch to label Trump as a politician.
Is he a politician? Or an opportunistic pocketliner who didn't figure there'd be so much to being POTUS.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Comments on memes/cartoons

Post by Glacier »

Omnitheo wrote:Who here posted that?
Here's one example. It was quickly debunked. Good on the poster of the meme for acknowledging that it was fake.

Sorry, ferri, I didn't know that you had started your own thread.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

they wint print half my memes. to truthfull i suspect :smt045
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Ub2 wrote:Image

It's funny how things can change over the course of 200 years
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Ub2
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Ub2 »

Nothing much has changed. The Dems still have edge for civil disobedience and inciting violence. Instead of KKK robes, burning crosses, it's anti-fa masks and balaclavas and Guy Fox masks, smashing and setting fire to public property.
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by d0nb »

So many of the contributions are small minded, unfunny, mean-spirited and easily shown to be false. So much so that correcting the lies and misunderstandings they contain would resemble a full time job.

Just a check of the last few posts shows that people are apparently being killed by tots with automatic weapons, while the Republicans are fomenting mass shootings by repealing an Obama rule that trampled due process by using such things as a need for financial guidance to justify considering the denial of Second Amendment rights to people with a mental disorder.

Did the fearmongers even bother to ask whether there is any evidence that those with even serious mental illnesses are more likely to use a gun to harm others? See: "The ban on mentally ill people buying guns wasn’t ever based on evidence." https://www.washingtonpost.com/postever ... 9094fac545

Still another uses a 20 year-old uncorroborated quote attributed to John Ehrlichman about Nixon's distrust of blacks and hippies being the motivating force behind the war on drugs. The author of the lie quote claims that he kept the story under wraps until well after Ehrlichman died because it didn't suit the "narrative style" of the book he was writing at the time. Ehrlichmans's co-workers and family are understandably disgusted with the story. Fake news, anyone?

It goes on and on. Sure, they're just silly memes, but they have the potential to further confuse the left impressionable. So, just as a courtesy, try fact-checking your memes to avoid further pollution of the information pool. :130:
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

d0nb wrote:So many of the contributions are small minded, unfunny, mean-spirited and easily shown to be false. So much so that correcting the lies and misunderstandings they contain would resemble a full time job.

<snip>

So, just as a courtesy, try fact-checking your memes to avoid further pollution of the information pool. :130:

:spitcoffee: :laugh: Oh the irony. Good one :130:
neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by neilsimon »

d0nb wrote:...
Still another uses a 20 year-old uncorroborated quote attributed to John Ehrlichman about Nixon's distrust of blacks and hippies being the motivating force behind the war on drugs. The author of the lie quote claims that he kept the story under wraps until well after Ehrlichman died because it didn't suit the "narrative style" of the book he was writing at the time. Ehrlichmans's co-workers and family are understandably disgusted with the story. Fake news, anyone?...

Did you read the comment I posted with that quote? Here it is again to remind you:
neilsimon wrote:To be clear, the authenticity of this quote is disputed by some.

At this time, there are reasons to believe it is true and reasons to believe it is false. I do not claim to know more than that and I certainly would never post it without a caveat. Though some will conveniently ignore such when responding.

Since you were complaining about the "small minded, unfunny, mean-spirited and easily shown to be false" posts on the memes thread, and boy are there many (on all sides) why have you not gone after such from all sides, or is it only the ones which don't confirm your biases which are "small minded, unfunny, mean-spirited and easily shown to be false"?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Ka-El wrote: :spitcoffee: :laugh: Oh the irony. Good one :130:

Not sure what this means. That poster made a great point.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

The Green Barbarian wrote:

Not sure what this means.

Color me surprised :popcorn:
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The Green Barbarian wrote:

Not sure what this means. That poster made a great point.

d0nb wrote:So many of the contributions are small minded, unfunny, mean-spirited and easily shown to be false. So much so that correcting the lies and misunderstandings they contain would resemble a full time job.

<snipppppp>

Would you also agree that the liberals here make a great point when we find errors, misleading statements and slanderous statements made in anti-Democrat, anti-NDP and anti-SJW memes? :popcorn:

Dn0b could be making that point for either side. :up:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

GOP_meme.jpg

This meme gets 1st prize for the dumbest meme of the week.

Racists? They're in both parties. Historically they were in the Democrats, but in recent years I wouldn't be surprised if it's more like 50/50.

Religious extremists? Well, Westboro Baptists and Muslim extremists tend to be Democrats.

Bigots? Democrats are quite bigoted too when they call you a f***ing white male.

White supremacists? Well, most white people vote Republican so it stands to reason that party would have the most white supremacists just based on averages (though likely the least number of black supremacists). Has anyone done polls and research on this? I would guess that white supremacists have only recently switched sides because Obama. My mother-in-law worked with someone in the States who was a life-long Democrat, but was also a racist, so she voted Republican for the first time in 2008 because she refused to vote for a black man. Thankfully, white supremacists are such a small number these days, they don't factor into who wins.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Ka-El wrote:Color me surprised :popcorn:

Color me even more surprised that your response was typical nonsense.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Glacier wrote:
GOP_meme.jpg

This meme gets 1st prize for the dumbest meme of the week.

Agree 100%. But it is a good glimpse into just how incredibly delusional the lunatic left truly is. They advocate for blatantly sexist and racist policy and then have the audacity to call other people racists and sexists. Totally ludicrous.

Return to “World”