Comments on memes/cartoons/videos

Omnitheo
Guru

Re: Comments on memes/cartoons

Post by Omnitheo »

Lol I’m missing the bigger picture? You’re looking at unimportant individuals to make a case about an entire political ideology.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

This may be a crazy question but is the librarian Liz Soeiro known to be a leftist or Democrat, or is it just an assumption that she is because she rejected the books from Melania, There are more and more Republicans that are being vocal questioning the actions taken by Trump.
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

GenesisGT wrote:This may be a crazy question but is the librarian Liz Soeiro known to be a leftist or Democrat, or is it just an assumption that she is because she rejected the books from Melania, There are more and more Republicans that are being vocal questioning the actions taken by Trump.

So question his actions. Don't deny kids books because of your screwed up and backward leftist political beliefs.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

rustled wrote:Wow, you sure have a gift for missing the bigger picture.

Single individual? Seems to me the point of that meme is how the media did a complete about face: media says Obama+Seuss=good, but media says Trump+Seuss=racism.

This meme and the discussion around it offers another excellent opportunity for an introspective look at what's behind an astounding shift in the US (and elsewhere). Quick, raise that deflection shield so you won't have to look!

Great post Rustled, but you are preaching to the rabid zealots of the Left here. You'd have more luck converting the Ayatollah of Iran to Judaism.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
GenesisGT wrote:This may be a crazy question but is the librarian Liz Soeiro known to be a leftist or Democrat, or is it just an assumption that she is because she rejected the books from Melania, There are more and more Republicans that are being vocal questioning the actions taken by Trump.

So question his actions. Don't deny kids books because of your screwed up and backward leftist political beliefs.

Again is she a leftist or is that just assumed, because she returned the books.

Also she did put in her letter that they should be sending books to school libraries such as the inner city libraries, because the funding for those libraries is so much less then the library she over sees.

The kids at the school she is at, definitely do not suffer from a shortage of books in the library.
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

GenesisGT wrote:
Again is she a leftist or is that just assumed, because she returned the books.

She's definitely not very bright for returning the books, a trait I usually associate with Leftists, so therefore I might have just equated the two and jumped to that conclusion. I honestly don't know.

Also she did put in her letter that they should be sending books to school libraries such as the inner city libraries, because the funding for those libraries is so much less then the library she over sees.

The kids at the school she is at, definitely do not suffer from a shortage of books in the library.

If this was the case, this librarian could have accepted the books, and then quietly donated them to a school of her/the school's choosing. Instead, she decided to politicize the gift, smear Dr. Seuss as racist, and in doing so made the Obamas look like morons. It was the dumbest move possible in this situation, on all fronts.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

GB: She's definitely not very bright for returning the books, a trait I usually associate with Leftists, so therefore I might have just equated the two and jumped to that conclusion. I honestly don't know.

I'm sure you're aware that it's called implicit bias that made you jump to that conclusion. We're all guilty of it including myself, I think anyone who voted for Trump is a bad judge of character. I think the difference between our biases however is that I'm actually right. :biggrin:
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Poindexter wrote:
I'm sure you're aware that it's called implicit bias that made you jump to that conclusion. :

and the fact that I'm pretty experienced with Leftists and usually the only thing that out-shines their stupidity is their rampant hypocrisy. Like this idiotic librarian for instance.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Poindexter wrote:
I'm sure you're aware that it's called implicit bias that made you jump to that conclusion. :

and the fact that I'm pretty experienced with Leftists and usually the only thing that out-shines their stupidity is their rampant hypocrisy. Like this idiotic librarian for instance.

:popcorn: care to elaborate on this and how you got all this experience with leftists?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

and the fact that I'm pretty experienced with Leftists and usually the only thing that out-shines their stupidity is their rampant hypocrisy. Like this idiotic librarian for instance.[/quote]

:popcorn: care to elaborate on this and how you got all this experience with leftists?[/quote]

I would guess it’s from reading about them on Breitbart, or one of the other right media echo chambers so many of the right mistake for legitimate news sources.
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Queen K wrote:
:popcorn: care to elaborate on this and how you got all this experience with leftists?

Sure. A lot of exposure here on Castanet for sure, and on other internet forums. Not all of them are really stupid, or close-minded, or brainless zealots. There are a few who aren't. I definitely include you in this crowd. :)
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

RupertBear wrote:
I would guess it’s from reading about them on Breitbart, or one of the other right media echo chambers so many of the right mistake for legitimate news sources.

No, I don't read Breitbart much. Do you? It would surprise me given the left rarely strays from their approved leftist echo chambers.

Anyway, as I said before, this librarian is a total idiot and a hypocrite.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

^ are you guys discussing this meme?

library.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

averagejoe wrote:Image

Wow really. So you’re resorting to sloppy photoshopping now? And you go on about “fake news” yet post falsified images?

How stupid do people need to be to believe, repost, or like things like this?
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

averagejoe wrote:Image

Omnitheo wrote:Wow really. So you’re resorting to sloppy photoshopping now? And you go on about “fake news” yet post falsified images?

How stupid do people need to be to believe, repost, or like things like this?

I'm sorry your offended....I'm sure you can find a safe place to feel better. :D
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.

Return to “World”