Post by OKkayak »

This is turning out to be funnier than the meme itself [icon_lol2.gif]
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Comments on memes/cartoons/videos

Post by rustled »

Verum wrote:
rustled wrote:...
But fact-checking what's obviously a comic meme? Seriously, that's just too funny!

I just know too many people, usually conservatives, though certainly not always, who post this kind of stuff and think it's real and honestly I'm a misanthrope and assume people are gullible when they give me reason to do so.
I've seen this meme a few times on FB groups and the number of people who think it is real and chastise Trudeau is just sad.

What's sad is the need to overcompensate for having thought the photoshopping on this one was stellar, and/or for not getting the joke. I mean, just look at it:

[icon_lol2.gif]

Quit being so hard on yourself, and join in the laughter.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Hmmmm......when I posted this meme, all the rightists didn't think the meme was that funny as the quote was fake. So I guess when the perspective is different and the roles are reversed...."it's just a doctored photoshoped meme and come join in the fun" [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]

tump.jpg
Last edited by floppi on Jun 5th, 2019, 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

floppi wrote:Hmmmm......when I posted this meme, all the rightists didn't think the meme was that funny as the quote was fake. So I guess when the perspective is different and the roles are reversed...."it's just a doctored photoshoped meme and come join in the fun" [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]

tump.jpg

Maybe you should check your facts their flopper! :smt045

But again, leftist caught in another lie....

Fact Check: Did Trump say in '98 Republicans are dumb?

Answer: No, that’s a bogus meme.

FULL ANSWER

The meme purports to be a quote from Trump in People magazine in 1998 saying, “If I were to run, I’d run as a Republican. They’re the dumbest group of voters in the country. They believe anything on Fox News. I could lie and they’d still eat it up. I bet my numbers would be terrific.”

We were alerted to the meme by a reader, A. Douglas Thomas of Freeport, N.Y., among others, who saw it in his Facebook feed, along with a message from someone who said, “I just fact-checked this. Google Donald Trump, People magazine and 1998. This is an actual quote by Trump.”

We’ll save you the effort. It is not an actual quote by Trump.

We scoured the Peoplemagazine archives and found nothing like this quote in 1998 or any other year.

And a public relations representative with People told us that the magazine couldn’t find anything like that quote in its archives, either. People‘s Julie Farin said in an email: “Peoplelooked into this exhaustively when it first surfaced back in Oct. We combed through every Trump story in our archive. We couldn’t find anything remotely like this quote –and no interview at all in 1998.”

https://www.rgj.com/
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 5th, 2019, 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 5th, 2019, 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

:up:
Stable Genius

Post by Stable Genius »

Here's a fact, Trump failed miserably with educated voters and after a few attempts running as a Democrat switch parties for dumber pastures.

Sorry, that may be factual but also a bit hyperbolic. I believe that without the FOX filter, even Republicans wouldn't vote for this lunatic as we found out from one Trump supporter at Justin Amash's town hall, the only Republican Congressman btw who has taken his oath of office seriously.

Cathy Garnaat, a Republican who supported Amash and the president said she was upset about Amash’s position but wanted to hear his reasoning.

“I was surprised to hear there was anything negative in the Mueller report at all about President Trump. I hadn’t heard that before," she said. "I’ve mainly listened to conservative news and I hadn’t heard anything negative about that report and President Trump has been exonerated."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/re ... m-n1011176
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Posted a few more triggers memes in the other thread. Got some popcorn and ready for a night of entertainment [icon_lol2.gif]
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

:popcorn:
Waiting for someone to Snopes the Spiderman one.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Stable Genius wrote:Trump's trip to the UK was like watching the sequel to National Lampoons European Vacation. [icon_lol2.gif]

Started funny. Oh, well.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

OKkayak wrote:

:spitcoffee:
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

rustled wrote:
OKkayak wrote:

:spitcoffee:

Just to be clear, it is fake. Hope no one thought it was really JT talking/singing [icon_lol2.gif]
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Actions speak louder than words.

Thanks for the laugh. [icon_lol2.gif]
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Catsumi wrote:Thanks for the laugh. [icon_lol2.gif]

Thats all what its about :smt045

Return to “World”