Comments on memes/cartoons

Re: Comments on memes/cartoons

Postby averagejoe » Nov 18th, 2017, 11:30 am

Heading for this thread that this thread is from is...Political memes/cartoons here *language warning* :smt045

If you can't take it as fun or get a point across! You shouldn't read it. :up:

That's why the left can't meme... :D
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.
averagejoe
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 1897 posts

Postby Verum » Nov 18th, 2017, 11:50 am

averagejoe wrote:Heading for this thread that this thread is from is...Political memes/cartoons here *language warning* :smt045

If you can't take it as fun or get a point across! You shouldn't read it. :up:

That's why the left can't meme... :D

I wasn't particularly talking about the meme/cartoon thread, but also the posts you make in other threads and even in this particular thread, a comment section.

Also, why did you bother trying to call out a meme I posted in a meme thread for being fake if you understand that these threads sometimes contain parody?
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Explains why so few people reply to me, and why I might not reply

Omnitheo likes this post.
Verum
Übergod

Liked in: 889 posts

Postby averagejoe » Nov 18th, 2017, 11:56 am

Verum wrote:I wasn't particularly talking about the meme/cartoon thread, but also the posts you make in other threads and even in this particular thread, a comment section.

Like where?

Lets have a look... :smt045
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.
averagejoe
Walks on Forum Water

Postby Omnitheo » Nov 18th, 2017, 12:25 pm

Verum and Pointdexter, I just added that person to the ignore list. Almost everything they post is either false or a conspiracy theory. They’ve been called out multiple times and instead of recanting, they instead mock you for having the critical thinking skills to identify something as lies.

Just not worth the time. Also the political memes thread has just become a cesspool of this person’s sloppy photoshops and ignorant reposts from whatever right wing social media site for gullible fools they subscribe to.
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau

4 people like this post.
Omnitheo
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3113 posts

Postby Ka-El » Nov 18th, 2017, 12:56 pm

Verum wrote: No, this is satire, it is not intended to be factual and the vast majority of people would recognise it as such.

:135: How could someone even miss that ???

Verum wrote: That said, in future, for your benefit, I will make sure to label my submissions as such where appropriate. Could you do the same on your posts where they are representing things not factually correct or are intentionally misleading?

Maybe. If he could recognize when he's being duped himself. Don't be holding your breath.

"Fake news" is real. Investigations are revealing Russia has used Facebook and other social media mediums where the most ridiculous and hate-promoting stories can be used to spread fake news stories and influence public opinion. Of course, it is not only the Russians. We also have clowns like Milo and Ezra who think they can inspire their followers with "insight". Meanwhile, while the rest of us know we can't just simply take what is reported on mainstream media as gospel, many if not most of us counter that possibility by checking the information with a variety of news sources (Ezra and Milo not included).
While the research shows that people with right-wing views tend to be less intelligent than those with left-wing views,
the continued excuse-making and support for Donald Trump indicates researchers have underestimated by how much.

Poindexter likes this post.
Ka-El
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4174 posts

Postby Ka-El » Nov 18th, 2017, 1:32 pm

Omnitheo wrote: Just not worth the time. Also the political memes thread has just become a cesspool of this person’s sloppy photoshops and ignorant reposts from whatever right wing social media site for gullible fools they subscribe to.

We should just call it “joe’s thread”. Between the New World Order, Illuminati and global chemtrail conspiracies, people can decide for themselves just how much credence to give these posts. Of course, there will always be those who like his posts as they fit their partisan agendas of spreading misinformation, and there are always going to be people with no interest in truth.
While the research shows that people with right-wing views tend to be less intelligent than those with left-wing views,
the continued excuse-making and support for Donald Trump indicates researchers have underestimated by how much.

2 people like this post.
Ka-El
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4174 posts

Postby Omnitheo » Jan 18th, 2018, 4:46 pm

Glacier wrote:
critters.jpg

Wearing clothing of your choice is not an invitation for people to sexually assault you.
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau

3 people like this post.
Omnitheo
Lord of the Board

Postby averagejoe » Jan 18th, 2018, 5:25 pm

Omnitheo wrote:
Glacier wrote:
critters.jpg

Wearing clothing of your choice is not an invitation for people to sexually assault you.

Typical liberal answer..... :smt045
averagejoe
Walks on Forum Water

Postby Verum » Jan 18th, 2018, 5:45 pm

averagejoe wrote:
Omnitheo wrote:

It's also the typical decent person, or even anyone whose not a creepy :cuss: response too.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Explains why so few people reply to me, and why I might not reply

2 people like this post.
Verum
Übergod

Liked in: 889 posts

Postby averagejoe » Jan 18th, 2018, 5:47 pm

Verum wrote:It's also the typical decent person, or even anyone whose not a creepy :cuss: response too.

:130:
averagejoe
Walks on Forum Water

Postby Queen K » Jan 18th, 2018, 5:48 pm

averagejoe wrote:
Omnitheo wrote:

Not sure where you're going with this "typical liberal answer" averagejoe :135:

I hope you aren't going the other way, that clothing indicates something else. :135:
Our saddest days are when we add up our losses, and losses seem to be our saddest when we lose our best. Proud to be a "Leaf-licker" and I know who else is too. **smiles**

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 12239 posts

Postby Omnitheo » Jan 18th, 2018, 5:50 pm

Having any sense of respect or decency is a liberal quality apparently. Good. The world needs more liberals then.
- Justin Trudeau

Omnitheo
Lord of the Board

Postby averagejoe » Jan 18th, 2018, 7:53 pm

Omnitheo wrote:Having any sense of respect or decency is a liberal quality apparently. Good. The world needs more liberals then.

LOL we have enough problems caused by liberalism....thank you!
averagejoe
Walks on Forum Water

Postby Glacier » Jan 18th, 2018, 8:50 pm

Omnitheo wrote:
Glacier wrote:
critters.jpg

It's a funny meme, not meant to be endorsed or taken literally. But still, you raise an important point, so long as it stays in this thread.

Come on, admit it, you laughed.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 9248 posts

Postby Omnitheo » Jan 18th, 2018, 8:56 pm

No actually. I don’t see what’s funny about it all.
- Justin Trudeau
Omnitheo
Lord of the Board

PreviousNext

Return to World