US Politics vs US Media

Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

US Politics vs US Media

Post by Treblehook »

Anyone else sick and tired what has been going on in the US media [CNN for one] in their relentless attempts to undermine their own legally elected government....the Trump administration. Make no mistake, my motivation for these comments is not support for President Trump or any other US politician. Rather, it is my belief that the media giants in America have decided that anything goes in their desire to unseat their elected leader. I personally believe that even a village idiot ought to be able to see through their agenda and their propaganda. Seems to me they are acting like a bunch of spoiled kids who didn't get invited to the birthday party. Now the head of CNN has decided to publicly declare that Trump is responsible for putting American journalists in danger because of his criticism of them. IMHO, they are a way off track and certainly not fulfilling their role in terms of protecting US democracy through ethical, factual and honest reporting.
neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: US Politics vs US Media

Post by neilsimon »

In fairness, it's not as if the current administration have been honest with, forthright or even respectful of the media at any point. They have also shown clear bias in favour of some rather dodgy news sources, such as the comically bad Breitbart.
The purpose of the media is to honestly and responsibly inform the public and while they could definitely do a better job, the likes of Kellyanne, Spicer and Trump could have made it easier for them to do so if they hadn't been so disingenuous with them. Concepts such as "alternative facts" are the stuff of dystopian novels, not a core approach of a well intentioned and honest government.

Not that I feel that the media haven't been biased, there certainly is some bias there, but it is not bias when they refuse to deliver the message that the administration want and instead deliver one they feel is more accurate. "Patriotism isn't supporting your president, it's supporting your country."
jamapple
Übergod

Post by jamapple »

Treblehook wrote:Anyone else sick and tired what has been going on in the US media [CNN for one] in their relentless attempts to undermine their own legally elected government....the Trump administration. Make no mistake, my motivation for these comments is not support for President Trump or any other US politician. Rather, it is my belief that the media giants in America have decided that anything goes in their desire to unseat their elected leader. I personally believe that even a village idiot ought to be able to see through their agenda and their propaganda. Seems to me they are acting like a bunch of spoiled kids who didn't get invited to the birthday party. Now the head of CNN has decided to publicly declare that Trump is responsible for putting American journalists in danger because of his criticism of them. IMHO, they are a way off track and certainly not fulfilling their role in terms of protecting US democracy through ethical, factual and honest reporting.

Did you already "forget" that the orange monkey waged war on the press by saying, and I quote: "they are the enemy of the state". Sorry, but if the press isn't fighting......they're fighting back.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Treblehook wrote:Anyone else sick and tired what has been going on in the US media [CNN for one] in their relentless attempts to undermine their own legally elected government....the Trump administration. Make no mistake, my motivation for these comments is not support for President Trump or any other US politician. Rather, it is my belief that the media giants in America have decided that anything goes in their desire to unseat their elected leader. I personally believe that even a village idiot ought to be able to see through their agenda and their propaganda. Seems to me they are acting like a bunch of spoiled kids who didn't get invited to the birthday party. Now the head of CNN has decided to publicly declare that Trump is responsible for putting American journalists in danger because of his criticism of them. IMHO, they are a way off track and certainly not fulfilling their role in terms of protecting US democracy through ethical, factual and honest reporting.

If they were the only news source, I might be concerned as well.

But the beauty of mulitple news sources is that you can read several and piece together what you can about the Trump Administration. Trump as tried repeatedly to wipe out the news sources as legitimate from the American mind.

The media is the enemy of the people? Repeatedly?

I'm more focused and worried about the new scrounge, "fake news" being slapped on as a label for everything now.

Very worrisome. But not CNN having a very obvoius slanted bias.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Ranger66
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Ranger66 »

“not fulfilling their role in terms of protecting US democracy through ethical, factual and honest reporting.”

“All Pants on Fire! statements involving Donald Trump”

Garbage in, Garbage out! Trump has set his own course if he doesn’t like the direction he should change it.
To cool to live, to smart to die or no good deed should go unpunished
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

This has been going on for decades, and will continue for decades. You're just paying attention more because one of your favourite celebrities is the target and your feelings are hurt.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

They are suppose to be ethical, factual and honest but NOT to protect anything.
I agree with johnny24

Return to “World”