Weed smoking Canadians jailed in China

Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Weed smoking Canadians jailed in China

Post by Barney Google »

Two Quebecers working the equestrian show Cavalia in China have been arrested and jailed.

WHY do people think they can get away with this sheeit when working/visiting/traveling abroad?

Wonder if Justin will bail/bale them out?

I will post the CBC link to the story in a bit, unless some kind soul takes pity on ol' BG and

posts it before me. I haven't figured out how to post links from this IPadie-thingy yet.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
ferri
Forum Administrator

Re: Weed smoking Canadians jailed in China

Post by ferri »

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

They sure were being dumb in another country... hey, wait a minute, they're dumb HERE too!
Congrats on your new iPad Barney. I have one myself. You'll enjoy it eventually. lol
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Ha ha lol . Yes China has laws . They will remember for next time .
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

I don't think jail in china is a very nice place or experience

Should these two be fired?
Last edited by Barney Google on Jul 23rd, 2017, 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Barney Google wrote:I don't think jail in china is a very nice place or experience

Should these two be fire?

They better hope nobody needs a kidney
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

In part I blame the company they work for.
Didn't drill it completely into their employees heads what to expect.
Management wasnt' on top of China's laws and how China enforces them.
Wasn't on top of their employees and didn't leave the ones at home who were risks.
YOu can tell via aptitude tests who is a risk and who isn't.
Those with the attitude problems, "they won't catch me." " A bit won't hurt" Statements like this tell a lot about the employee's risk factor on the job in a foreign land.

Nope, I think someone higher up was lax and top down, that attitude trickles down to low scale employees.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

If you are so stupid to go do drugs in China.. Too bad it wasn't Singapore love to see these franch fries get the cane

TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

Not the company's fault. These guys are just morons.

Now that I think about it.. I guess the company did hire morons. That was definitely a mistake.
Last edited by TylerM4 on Jul 23rd, 2017, 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Not the companies fault, these are adults and should not require babysitting. They get what they deserve.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

The employees are for sure morons but then the company knowing the laws, or should anyway, and that random

drug testing is done by government regularly should have tested their staff BEFORE going!

Anyone not testing clean should not be going.

Apparently technical crew were also involved.
- Unknown
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Barney Google wrote:Two Quebecers working the equestrian show Cavalia in China have been arrested and jailed.

WHY do people think they can get away with this sheeit when working/visiting/traveling abroad?

Wonder if Justin will bail/bale them out?

I will post the CBC link to the story in a bit, unless some kind soul takes pity on ol' BG and

posts it before me. I haven't figured out how to post links from this IPadie-thingy yet.

I don't think they should be helped by Canada, but if we do i hope there's a lot of foot draggin for awhile.
Generally i'm against helping Canadians who can't act right in foreign countries.
Regardless of what Trudeau does he's :cuss: by the usual crowd, i imagine we have to do what we can or we'll get sued by a couple of potheads for allowing their rights to be trample on.

Come to think of it if we do help them, we should charge them for the legal costs and for all the paper pushing involved in their release. Then charge them in Canada for the Maximum allowable for possession and whatever else we can come up with , thus ensuring they won't get a passport to leave home sweet home again.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Jflem1983 wrote:If you are so stupid to go do drugs in China.. Too bad it wasn't Singapore love to see these franch fries get the cane

as they say, when in rome

would be nice if we could ship are criminal junkies to china for some prison time
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

jimmy4321 wrote:
I don't think they should be helped by Canada, but if we do i hope there's a lot of foot draggin for awhile.
Generally i'm against helping Canadians who can't act right in foreign countries.
Regardless of what Trudeau does he's :cuss: by the usual crowd, i imagine we have to do what we can or we'll get sued by a couple of potheads for allowing their rights to be trample on.

Come to think of it if we do help them, we should charge them for the legal costs and for all the paper pushing involved in their release. Then charge them in Canada for the Maximum allowable for possession and whatever else we can come up with , thus ensuring they won't get a passport to leave home sweet home again.

Sadly, I think Canada has set a precedence in paying for whatever happens to Canadians out side of our country.

Pull out all the stops to bail them out, it costs the Canadian Taxpayer...let them sit stay a while and stew in the 'pot'

of their own demise and it will cost the Canadian Taxpayers even more.

What cranks by knickers is that Canada will assist these fools and yet Canadians who are hostages get nothing

and suffer all kinds of indecencies including beheadings.
- Unknown
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

I realise this is a petty crime etc . However other countries have laws that are taken seriously . Canada not so much . Should be fun watching this unfold on tv . JT better not pay these guys

Return to “World”