The world's most renowned atheist is a hateful bigot

Glacier
The Pilgrim

The world's most renowned atheist is a hateful bigot

Post by Glacier »

Well, maybe not, but according to progressives he is... https://www.onenewsnow.com/perspectives ... -hypocrisy
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: The world's most renowned atheist is a hateful bigot

Post by maryjane48 »

dawkins rocks but i see where he would run amok with these schools . he anti god based faith ás i am so i to wouldnt be welcome and thats fine . i understand why they are doing it . it has more to do with trump than it does richards thoughts .
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

From the article...

Put another way, bash Christians, you're a hero; bash Muslims, you're a zero. Bash Christians, we'll cheer you; bash Muslims, we'll jeer you.

Dawkins himself noted the double standard, writing:

"I am known as a frequent critic of Christianity and have never been de-platformed for that. Why do you give Islam a free pass? Why is it fine to criticize Christianity but not Islam?"

That's the real gist of the question. Had the organizers cancelled the event because they wanted to focus on science and didn't want Dawkins to bring his anti-God, anti-religious baggage with him, that would have been one thing. But to cancel his event because of his criticism of Islam? This is highly instructive.

To ask again: Were the organizers totally unaware that Dawkins had "hurt and offended" millions of Christians and Jews over the years? Did they only know of him as a science writer? This strains credulity.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Pretty soon these brainless SJW schools will wind up banning everyone. This is just so ridiculous. How anyone could "understand" this behavior is a sad indictment on just how far some people have gone in trying to enforce the stupidity of political correctness. Just look at Evergreen. Just despicable.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by neilsimon »

Not the smartest move by KPFA as at very least, Dawkins is actually happy to answer honestly and discuss his views with a level of logic and without diversionary tactic that the likes of Coulter and Yiannopoulos are not.

That said, it is important to realise that this cancellation was not at UCB's request but a decision made by KPFA. I doubt that the university would have made this mistake, though I'm sure some people will gleefully get that wrong.

As an atheist, I find the more zealous atheists, those who criticise religion unnecessarily, and essentially proselytise for atheism as about as obnoxious as the Jehovah's Witnesses, or Mormons who come knocking on my door. I guess that at least Dawkins doesn't come knocking on my door.
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

neilsimon wrote:As an atheist, I find the more zealous atheists, those who criticise religion unnecessarily, and essentially proselytise for atheism as about as obnoxious as the Jehovah's Witnesses, or Mormons who come knocking on my door.

As an atheist (or anti-theist) myself I can definitely agree with the above.

Return to “World”