Why Canada and USA are unable to put out forest fires

Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Justin just spent another $15 billion on military.

USA spent $6 trillion bombing middle east countries

but we can't put out a forest fire. It's been smokey all summer. That means we can't do our exercise
to lose weight - because of the health effects. We can't put out forest fires because ll our money goes to war-related
expenses.

discuss

Do you think Justin should spend another $100 billion on military, while our province burns?
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Why Canada and USA are unable to put out forest fires

Post by vegas1500 »

Exercise in your basement.....
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Post by Because_They_Lie »

Thinktank wrote:Why Canada and USA are unable to put out forest fires

Justin just spent another $15 billion on military.

USA spent $6 trillion bombing middle east countries

but we can't put out a forest fire. It's been smokey all summer. That means we can't do our exercise
to lose weight - because of the health effects. We can't put out forest fires because ll our money goes to war-related
expenses.

discuss

Do you think Justin should spend another $100 billion on military, while our province burns?

Absolutely not. I agree, our province is being ALLOWED to burn.
NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by NotNorthAnymore »

^^^ :laugh: :yahoo:
Really?
How can humans allow, what can not be controlled.
Are you under the impression, that humans can control mother nature??
Please explain.

Edit to add this article
http://scribol.com/environment/forests/why-suppressing-forest-fires-actually-made-them-worse/

Fire is natural and man trying to control it is not.
Yes we need to defend our homes in interface areas, but - mankind can NOT control nature.
"THEY" are watching you! -- "THEY" know who you are! -- "THEY" know where you are!
Always use heavy duty BBQ tinfoil under your Black Hat - That way "THEY" can't read your 'mind'.
Because_They_Lie
Banned

NotNorthAnymore wrote:^^^ :laugh: :yahoo:
Really?
How can humans allow, what can not be controlled.
Are you under the impression, that humans can control mother nature??
Please explain.

Yes, absolutely.

Just because you are told that something is not possible or that something is not controllable does not mean that it is true.

In this case, they can tell me that they cannot control the fire, but I do not believe them.

I believe that they "want" the fires to burn, some more than others.

I believe this is a shady covert assault on British Columbians, but we are not alone - its happening all over the globe.

Human beings "allow" plenty to happen that they claim is beyond their control, when in fact it is nothing but an excuse or an outright lie.

you have asked me the very same question in another thread, I provided a link to a document showing precisely that.

I am not under the impression that human beings can control mother nature, I know 100% that they can and do.

Once again as requested: http://csat.au.*bleep*.mil/2025/volume3/vol3ch15.pdf
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

Because_They_Lie wrote:

Not this again, move it to the conspiracy and weird science section, where this paper has been discussed and dismissed numerous times.

Read the Disclaimer and one does not have to read beyond that, to understand this is nothing more then a white paper written on a concept. Any one who has worked in a future science/technology group can see that this paper is nothing more then a "blue sky" (no pun intended) paper.

Disclaimer
2025 is a study designed to comply with a directive from the chief of staff of the Air Force to examine the concepts, capabilities, and technologies the United States will require to remain the dominant air and space force in the future. Presented on 17 June 1996, this report was produced in the Department of Defense school environment of academic freedom and in the interest of advancing concepts related to national defense. The views expressed in this report are those of the authors and do not reflect the official policy or position of the United States Air Force, Department of Defense, or the United States government.
This report contains fictional representations of future situations/scenarios. Any similarities to real people or events, other than those specifically cited, are unintentional and are for purposes of illustration only.
This publication has been reviewed by security and policy review authorities, is unclassified, and is cleared for public release.
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
Because_They_Lie
Banned

GenesisGT wrote:
Because_They_Lie wrote:

Not this again, move it to the conspiracy and weird science section, where this paper has been discussed and dismissed numerous times.

Read the Disclaimer and one does not have to read beyond that, to understand this is nothing more then a white paper written on a concept. Any one who has worked in a future science/technology group can see that this paper is nothing more then a "blue sky" (no pun intended) paper.

Disclaimer
2025 is a study designed to comply with a directive from the chief of staff of the Air Force to examine the concepts, capabilities, and technologies the United States will require to remain the dominant air and space force in the future. Presented on 17 June 1996, this report was produced in the Department of Defense school environment of academic freedom and in the interest of advancing concepts related to national defense. The views expressed in this report are those of the authors and do not reflect the official policy or position of the United States Air Force, Department of Defense, or the United States government.
This report contains fictional representations of future situations/scenarios. Any similarities to real people or events, other than those specifically cited, are unintentional and are for purposes of illustration only.
This publication has been reviewed by security and policy review authorities, is unclassified, and is cleared for public release.

Speak for yourself.

In addition I will provide you with more information pertaining to controlling mother nature, in this case the weather:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather_modification

A simple entry in Wikipedia informs us that there certainly are means by which the weather can be altered, manipulated, created, controlled and utilized for a number of purposes and by a number of means.

The fact is that Harvard University has introduced geo-engineering as a means to combat climate change and is actively experimenting as we speak.
https://www.technologyreview.com/s/603974/harvard-scientists-moving-ahead-on-plans-for-atmospheric-geoengineering-experiments/

It is known by a growing number of individuals that geo-engineering has been in operation for decades, and it is my opinion that geo-engineering is the actual causal factor of what is termed " Climate Change"

A Quote from the above article made by Jane Long, a former associate director at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory: “We should have started a decade ago,” she said. “It’s critical to know as much as we can as soon as we can.”

And that is in fact what they have done and continue to do.

Debunk until the cows come home, hopefully they didn't all perish running from the intentional ongoing fires!
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Look, armchair "experts" do you really believe the men and women are putting in 12+ hour days for fun? Do you really believe the project fire managers wake up every morning thinking what can I do today to screw up this fire fighting effort?

I and others here have been on the front lines in the past and yes, perhaps there have been some miscalculations that have resulted in unwanted losses, and the opposite is true as well, but they are doing everything I believe they can with the tools they have in the toolbox.

If it was easy, why not take your FS 100 course and off you go to the front lines and offer your "expertise" Tell them what they should and should not be doing.
In 69 when they sent the Appollo to the moon for the first man landing, did they do that right or were there experts spouting off they should have done this or that?

This is an extraordinary fire season and now there are fire fighters from around the world coming to help with the efforts. These people are to relive the ones that have been going 2-3 weeks straight and need a break before exhaustion and accidents happen. No lives lost and hope it stays that way.

As an example my son lives in Victoria. One winter they had an extraordinary snow event over several days. Think they had enough snow removal equipment...nope. There were bobcats 3 abreast pushing snow off the streets. They were doing the best they can with what they have. No one lost their lives, just inconvenience in that case.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

GenesisGT wrote:Not this again, move it to the conspiracy and weird science section, where this paper has been discussed and dismissed numerous times.

Agree 100%, move to conspiracies and weird science forum. Along with chem trails etc.....
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by NotNorthAnymore »

JagXKR wrote:
GenesisGT wrote:Not this again, move it to the conspiracy and weird science section, where this paper has been discussed and dismissed numerous times.

Agree 100%, move to conspiracies and weird science forum. Along with chem trails etc.....

you have to use the report function and report as being in the wrong forum.
Normally takes more than 1 report to fix.
NNA
"THEY" are watching you! -- "THEY" know who you are! -- "THEY" know where you are!
Always use heavy duty BBQ tinfoil under your Black Hat - That way "THEY" can't read your 'mind'.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

So anyway,

USA spent $6 trillion middle east wars. It might even be $10 trillion by the time it's over if
we're lucky and Trump doesn't go berzerk like Off topic Bush did.

And now Canada is partners with USA. We do whatever they say, basically. Trump told Trudeau
to pay an extra $15 billion for military - and he did it.

Does anyone know the total amount we spend each year on forest fires in BC? We should double it,
and tell USA to blow up their own middle east countries. We should put out fires first in our own province
before we start bombing other countries.

:smt045

:up:

No conspiracy here.
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Aug 7th, 2017, 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Maybe we should 1/2 what we spend on fires. Forest fires are a natural process and good for the ecosystem. They can't be put out, although controlled a little bit.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

I don't understand what the deal is with these defence comparisons. Fire fighting is a provincial responsibility and covered by provincial budget. Defence is national. Does BC pay for its own fighter jets and armed forces?
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Omnitheo wrote:I don't understand what the deal is with these defence comparisons.

Here's the deal: I'm comparing "military spending" with "BC forest fires burning" :up:

So I'm saying my tax dollars which go to Ottawa are being spent by a moron, on more military,
when the federal government should give all that money back to fight BC forest fires. That's the deal.

^ this guy watches BC burn, and it's affecting my health, and instead of forking over
$1 billion to put out forest fires this year, he robs taxpayers of an extra
$15 billion EVERY YEAR - EVERY YEAR, for bombs and WMDs to be used on middle easterners.

OldIslander
Board Meister

Post by OldIslander »

Fire fighting usually involves trying to remove the fuel in the fire's path, by building fireguards (roads) with heavy equipment or back burning. Or laying down lines of water and/or retardant from aircraft. When a fire is running, flaming brands and embers can travel for kilometers in front of the fire; easily carried over fireguards by supercharged winds, created by the fire. A couple of weeks ago, a fire burning near William's Lake, jumped across the Fraser River -- about as large a fireguard as your're going to find in the Chilcotin. When a fire is like this, the Forest Service concentrates on getting people out of its path.

In dire conditions with lots of dry fuel, once a fire gets going, only Mother Nature can put it out and God help anything that gets in its way.
“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.” Ernest Benn

Return to “World”