Is Kim Jong-un the world's next Boogeyman?

jimmy4321
Guru

Re: Is Kim Jong-un the world's next Boogeyman?

Post by jimmy4321 »

There's no winning, the window of opportunities been closed probably long before NK publicly demonstrated he can nuke people.
The US is gonna have to learn to play with this :cuss: till he takes a heart attack or is killed from within with hopes of someone more reasonable in the future.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

These are probably exactly the same discussions and fears that people had when Russia and then China got the bomb. It would be awesome to live in a world without nukes but that probably isn't going to happen anytime soon.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

USA the world's richest country spends $trillions on wars, and they're trying to tell me that North Korea with 20 million
poor people is a threat to them.

If North Korea wanted to attack USA, they would probably cross the ocean in row boats.

WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Those poor North Korean souls. My heart goes out to them.

Escape is almost impossible and very dangerous to attempt.

They have paid a huge price in order for Kim (and his puppet masters) to be on the world stage as a nuclear power. Now it is looking as though their very lives are in the balance as to what happens next.

What a life, to be a pawn for self aggrandizing dictators who can determine whether you live or die from moment to moment, or be a slave for a lifetime.

On our own homefront we should also be vigilant that the tail isn't wagging the dog although some seem to appreciate that style of government.
:-X
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

N Korea is a nuclear power the same was Iraq had WMDs.

The rich countries can't wait to steal the resources.

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

What ???
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Catsumi wrote:What ???

N Korea is a nuclear power the same was Iraq had WMDs.

Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Thinktank wrote:N Korea is a nuclear power the same was Iraq had WMDs.

I still don't understand what you are trying to say about stealing resources. Please enlighten us. Thanks

Unknown
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

Kim Jong-un is his own worst enemy; in trying to bluster his way into getting concessions from the United States, he's putting his country (and possibly the entire world) in jeopardy. And he's too stubborn to realize his error and back down.

The people of Korea would be wise to remove this guy from office and then enter into talks with the Americans to diffuse the situation. But, unfortunately, that isn't going to happen.

I doubt the Americans will make any kind of military move unless Kim Jong-un does it first but, if he is foolish enough to do that, then I'm sure Trump will indeed follow through on his promise of a massive military retaliation. Because he wouldn't dare do otherwise, given all the rhetoric about nuclear war that's been coming out of N Korea lately. I'm sure the Americans think that they would have to hit back with everything they've got before the N Koreans have a chance to let off more than one missile.

However, in addition to the death and destruction such action would cause in N Korea itself, one has to wonder what China's reaction would be? If they were to decide to come to N Korea's aid, WW3 would be upon us. I have no doubt of that.

In the meantime, Russia is sitting on Ukraine's borders, possibly waiting for an opportunity to invade while the rest of the world's attention is diverted elsewhere.

What a mess; and there isn't a darn thing us ordinary folk can do about it.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

Catsumi wrote:
Thinktank wrote:N Korea is a nuclear power the same was Iraq had WMDs.

I still don't understand what you are trying to say about stealing resources. Please enlighten us. Thanks

he/she is simply suggesting the US is claiming NK has WMDs so they can go in and take their natural resources, as they did in Iraq. It is a conspiracy theory and has no merit
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

The difference between the two situations is that Iraq was denying having WMD, whereas N Korea Is bragging about it (and threatening to use them).
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

North Korea is planning to test a hydrogen bomb in the Pacific.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

:200: :panic: :crazy:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

the truth wrote::200: :panic: :crazy:

Nobody's panicking here, but it would be foolish not to be concerned.

I share your belief that U.S. foreign policy is not always "squeaky clean" and is often subject to undue influence from commercial interest. But, in the case of N Korea, you can't deny that Kim Jong-un's provocative language and actions are influencing events in a big way.

If this guy doesn't back down soon, he's going to lose the ability to back down. And, if as you suggest, other forces are at work here, then Kim Jong-un is aiding and abetting them.
Ranger66
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Ranger66 »

“North Korea is planning to test a hydrogen bomb in the Pacific.”

What could go wrong with that plan?
To cool to live, to smart to die or no good deed should go unpunished

Return to “World”