Is Kim Jong-un the world's next Boogeyman?

d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Is Kim Jong-un the world's next Boogeyman?

Post by d0nb »

I assume that it has been mentioned that the real threat from rocket man is that he will put nuclear weapons in the hands of a host of other terrorists. He must not be permitted to continue to have the capacity to build nukes, or the missiles to deliver them. It's non-negotiable.
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

d0nb wrote:I assume that it has been mentioned that the real threat from rocket man is that he will put nuclear weapons in the hands of a host of other terrorists. He must not be permitted to continue to have the capacity to build nukes, or the missiles to deliver them. It's non-negotiable.

This is a very real risk. I remember reading an article some time ago after the collapse of the Soviet Union regarding the lack of account for all the nuclear weapons in the Soviet arsenal that were now spread out over a number of countries and not all accounted for. Scary stuff to think there might be nuclear weapons out there that could be for sale. I think we need to ask some hard questions on how to deal with this maniac. It might turn out increased sanctions will make North Korea even more likely to sell technology or weapons to terrorist groups. We need an alternative. Where's Seal Team Six?
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Much as we would love the Seals to take care of Kim, we also know that the Chinese would quickly replace him with more of the same.

Then they would truly have a reason to be p'off with the West and even more reason to lob missiles our way.

I guess a cunning third party (say Russia, for example) could accomplish the task, in deep secret, making it appear it was the American's doing.

Mmmm...there ought to be a movie made ....
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Ka-El wrote:
d0nb wrote:I assume that it has been mentioned that the real threat from rocket man is that he will put nuclear weapons in the hands of a host of other terrorists. He must not be permitted to continue to have the capacity to build nukes, or the missiles to deliver them. It's non-negotiable.

This is a very real risk. I remember reading an article some time ago after the collapse of the Soviet Union regarding the lack of account for all the nuclear weapons in the Soviet arsenal that were now spread out over a number of countries and not all accounted for. Scary stuff to think there might be nuclear weapons out there that could be for sale. I think we need to ask some hard questions on how to deal with this maniac. It might turn out increased sanctions will make North Korea even more likely to sell technology or weapons to terrorist groups. We need an alternative. Where's Seal Team Six?

There is a vice video out from 2015 they go and actually are shown a nuke for sale. Price one million dollars cash.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Right. After Chernobyl fallout 60 Minutes (?) went into that area and there were lots of goodies around, unguarded, and an active blackmarket for left behind missles, uranium, armaments, etc.

Dealers were in hog heaven selling to war zones.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Bumped

Anyone surprised about this need to come out from under that rock more often.
https://www.castanet.net/news/World/245 ... nuclearize
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Jmfva
Übergod

Post by Jmfva »

GordonH wrote:Bumped

Anyone surprised about this need to come out from under that rock more often.
https://www.castanet.net/news/World/245 ... nuclearize

Haha, but the trumpanzees believed him when he negotiated peace! They were so proud. [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]

Return to “World”