Is Kim Jong-un the world's next Boogeyman?

Re: Is Kim Jong-un the world's next Boogeyman?

Postby d0nb » Dec 30th, 2017, 9:15 pm

I assume that it has been mentioned that the real threat from rocket man is that he will put nuclear weapons in the hands of a host of other terrorists. He must not be permitted to continue to have the capacity to build nukes, or the missiles to deliver them. It's non-negotiable.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be misquoted and used against you. - the media

2 people like this post.
d0nb
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 589 posts

Postby Ka-El » Dec 31st, 2017, 9:04 am

d0nb wrote:I assume that it has been mentioned that the real threat from rocket man is that he will put nuclear weapons in the hands of a host of other terrorists. He must not be permitted to continue to have the capacity to build nukes, or the missiles to deliver them. It's non-negotiable.

This is a very real risk. I remember reading an article some time ago after the collapse of the Soviet Union regarding the lack of account for all the nuclear weapons in the Soviet arsenal that were now spread out over a number of countries and not all accounted for. Scary stuff to think there might be nuclear weapons out there that could be for sale. I think we need to ask some hard questions on how to deal with this maniac. It might turn out increased sanctions will make North Korea even more likely to sell technology or weapons to terrorist groups. We need an alternative. Where's Seal Team Six?
“One of the biggest challenges we have to our democracy is the degree to
which we don’t share a common baseline of facts” - Barack Obama 2018
Ka-El
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3022 posts

Postby Catsumi » Dec 31st, 2017, 10:01 am

Much as we would love the Seals to take care of Kim, we also know that the Chinese would quickly replace him with more of the same.

Then they would truly have a reason to be p'off with the West and even more reason to lob missiles our way.

I guess a cunning third party (say Russia, for example) could accomplish the task, in deep secret, making it appear it was the American's doing.

Mmmm...there ought to be a movie made ....
nothing wrong with being open minded as long as your brains don't fall out.

Jflem1983 likes this post.
Catsumi
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 782 posts

Postby Jflem1983 » Dec 31st, 2017, 10:59 am

Ka-El wrote:
d0nb wrote:I assume that it has been mentioned that the real threat from rocket man is that he will put nuclear weapons in the hands of a host of other terrorists. He must not be permitted to continue to have the capacity to build nukes, or the missiles to deliver them. It's non-negotiable.

This is a very real risk. I remember reading an article some time ago after the collapse of the Soviet Union regarding the lack of account for all the nuclear weapons in the Soviet arsenal that were now spread out over a number of countries and not all accounted for. Scary stuff to think there might be nuclear weapons out there that could be for sale. I think we need to ask some hard questions on how to deal with this maniac. It might turn out increased sanctions will make North Korea even more likely to sell technology or weapons to terrorist groups. We need an alternative. Where's Seal Team Six?

There is a vice video out from 2015 they go and actually are shown a nuke for sale. Price one million dollars cash.
We don't reach for handouts we reach for those who are down . "Garth Brooks "

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
MAKE ALBERTA GREAT AGAIN
Jflem1983
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1649 posts

Postby Catsumi » Dec 31st, 2017, 9:17 pm

Right. After Chernobyl fallout 60 Minutes (?) went into that area and there were lots of goodies around, unguarded, and an active blackmarket for left behind missles, uranium, armaments, etc.

Dealers were in hog heaven selling to war zones.
nothing wrong with being open minded as long as your brains don't fall out.
Catsumi
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 782 posts

Previous

Return to World