The South is Gonna Rise Again!

lasnomadas
Übergod

The South is Gonna Rise Again!

Post by lasnomadas »

Could US south separate? According to the Canadian Press, yes, it could. The League of the South has erected billboards in several states saying "SECEDE", and they even have their own banner, a black and white version of the old Confederate flag, minus the stars. I guess even they are fed up with Trump's shenanigans.
RupertBear
Übergod

Re: The South is Gonna Rise Again!

Post by RupertBear »

A handful of southern right-wing racists want to separate? I give them about as much of a chance as Doug Christie and his Western Canada Concept from the 80s.
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

General Lee raises again..... hee haw :laugh:
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

lasnomadas wrote:Could US south separate? According to the Canadian Press, yes, it could. The League of the South has erected billboards in several states saying "SECEDE", and they even have their own banner, a black and white version of the old Confederate flag, minus the stars. I guess even they are fed up with Trump's shenanigans.

what about all of those Hollywood leftist boneheads who were going to move if Trump was elected? Where is Chelsea Handler now? I saw George Clooney moving, out of England, and BACK to the US, because of Islamic terrorist threats.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

At least all the idiots would be confined to one area
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

The US is the burned out shell of it's former self, but a lot of people think that they can wind back the clock to the time when all economic expansion was possible. But the resources are mined out, the overuse of petroleum is changing the climate, the nation has far more people than it can provide jobs for, and everybody is looking for a scapegoat. The 50s and 60s are gone and aren't coming back. Some of these fools down south think that forming militias is the way to economic prosperity cuz the blacks, Arabs, Indians, and Mexicans are to blame. Look in the mirror, JimBob. The rest of the world is coping a hell of lot better with the future than the good ol' USA.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

bob vernon wrote: The rest of the world is coping a hell of lot better with the future than the good ol' USA.

... and the last thing we want to do in Canada is follow their lead. In Canada we value diversity and inclusion. You want Donald Trump to be your Prime Minister and to live isolated in an ethnostate? Please do us all a favor and move away from here.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

bob vernon wrote: But the resources are mined out,

They are? Really? Seems a bit dire and a bit doomsaying, without any proof. The US is sitting on tons of coal, gas and oil, and gold too. Not sure what the hell you are talking about.

the overuse of petroleum is changing the climate,

It is? Where did you hear this?

the nation has far more people than it can provide jobs for,

11 million illegal immigrants will do that to you. Just wait, Canada is just experiencing the tip of the iceberg.

The 50s and 60s are gone and aren't coming back.

Thank goodness for that.

Some of these fools down south think that forming militias is the way to economic prosperity cuz the blacks, Arabs, Indians, and Mexicans are to blame.

True, and the leftists and BLM seem to be blaming other ethnicities for their problems too. Can you at least admit that, or are you too committed to your own confirmation bias?

The rest of the world is coping a hell of lot better with the future than the good ol' USA.

Well, unless you include all of Africa, most of the middle East, Venezuela, North Korea, and a lot of Europe, yeah. Australia sure is nice.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson

Return to “World”