Wild weather in Poland Worst Disater in Polish History!

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Wild weather in Poland Worst Disater in Polish History!

Post by averagejoe »

Poland storms kill six, destroy tens of thousands of trees

Tens of thousands of trees have been brought down by storms that wreaked havoc across northern and western Poland, the forestry service says.

The storms over the weekend killed six people, including two Girl Guides who were crushed by a falling tree.

Thousands of homes were also damaged.

Poland's chief forester Konrad Tomaszewski said it would take up to two years to clear the fallen trees, and decades for the lost natural habitat to recover.

He called it "undoubtedly the worst disaster in the history of Polish - and perhaps even European - forestry".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40959863
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Re: Wild weather in Poland Worst Disater in Polish History!

Post by gman313 »

WOW!

that's crazy - unfortunately I expect we see more of this type of weather
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

gman313 wrote:WOW!

that's crazy - unfortunately I expect we see more of this type of weather

Oh yes. More is coming! :smt045
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

imagine the noise that must have made, between the wind and the falling trees. I remember when city park was hit with 100km/hr winds when all the trees came down that was loud! this would be deafening
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

gman313 wrote:imagine the noise that must have made, between the wind and the falling trees. I remember when city park was hit with 100km/hr winds when all the trees came down that was loud! this would be deafening

LOL I was right in the middle of that storm! We were at City Park beach with the kids when I noticed this strange white mist coming towards us from Mount Boucharie area and heading straight for us....

Then boom it hit us. It was so strong that our family had to huddle together to protect ourselves.

Lucky we were on the beach. City Park looked like a battle zone.

Luckily our van wasn't touched in the parking lot....

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

gman313 wrote:imagine the noise that must have made, between the wind and the falling trees. I remember when city park was hit with 100km/hr winds when all the trees came down that was loud! this would be deafening

averagejoe wrote:LOL I was right in the middle of that storm! We were at City Park beach with the kids when I noticed this strange white mist coming towards us from Mount Boucharie area and heading straight for us....

Then boom it hit us. It was so strong that our family had to huddle together to protect ourselves.

Lucky we were on the beach. City Park looked like a battle zone.

Luckily our van wasn't touched in the parking lot....

Worst possible trees to have in that burst of wind, cottonwoods... very tall with swallow roots system.
A friend & myself watched from a top of that rock face just east of Knox's. I wished I had a video camera at the time to capture that. 7 cottonwoods fell in a row as if it was planned that way.
Plus what happened at the Yacht club.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “World”