Hollywood Worst Box Office In 25 Years!

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Hollywood Worst Box Office In 25 Years!

Post by averagejoe »

Maybe people are staying away in droves when realizing Hollywood is a propaganda machine for mass social ideological experiment for change. And not for the better.

Worst Box Office In 25 Years: Hollywood’s Problems Are Permanent & Deep

Even before this catastrophic Labor Day weekend is factored in (more on this below), the domestic 2017 box office is in hideous shape. This year is –6.3% behind 2016 and continues to fall behind 2015, 2013, and 2012.

If you figure in inflation, those numbers are even worse. For example, in 2012 the average ticket cost $7.96. Today it is almost a full dollar more at $8.89. Yeah, things are that bad and will look even worse on Tuesday.

With no apparent faith in their own product, this is the first Labor Day in 25 years where a new title has not been released on more than 1,000 screens. Over this weekend last year, the box office hauled in nearly $130 million. This year will do about a third of that.

Summer attendance is at a 25-year low.

Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Hollywood Worst Box Office In 25 Years!

Post by Queen K »

I know why I stay away.

Manners in audiences are at an all time low.

The people with cell phone checking. The loud munchers on food. The talkers. Those who stupidly bring children too young to understand what is going on and the children cry because Dolby sound is too loud for them.

And, the worst of it? When a so called block buster is suddenly on Netflix, for next to nothing, and I'm like, "so glad we skipped that at the box office." Does not bode well for the new movies.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Queen K wrote:I know why I stay away.

The people with cell phone checking. The loud munchers on food. The talkers. Those who stupidly bring children too young to understand what is going on and the children cry because Dolby sound is too loud for them.

And, the worst of it? When a so called block buster is suddenly on Netflix, for next to nothing, and I'm like, "so glad we skipped that at the box office." Does not bode well for the new movies.

I sit closer to the screen because some young people and older people have use their phones during the show. No respect.

I have told some people but so much lately to turn their phones off....but changed my viewing options.

And talk openly too.

And all the block busters were flops and so politically correct.

I was disappointed in every movie I saw this summer.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

It appears movies still make good money:
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?yr=2017

Maybe people just don't have as much disposable income as they once did.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Yes GordonH that is quite possible too, with everything going up and nothing going down in price.

I think the movie producers are out of ideas anyways. I see tv productions are out of ideas, with remakes of old shows.

And who wanted to see a remake of people running on a beach, BayWatch bombed right? I expect to see it on Netflix any day now with a two star rating.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Too much competition, not sure anything could compel me to go to a theater.
Guess the real money is in those pixar movie types where they can drag families into.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Queen K wrote: children cry because Dolby sound is too loud for them.

Try going when you wear hearing aids, it's painful. Hockey games are really bad too!

I refuse to go and can wait till they are on TV where I have control of the sound levels.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

jimmy4321 wrote:Too much competition, not sure anything could compel me to go to a theater.
Guess the real money is in those pixar movie types where they can drag families into.

And create here today and gone tomorrow spin off toys.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Yup.

The last movie we went to we had to leave as two losers who just reeked like pot and couldn't stop laughing (even though it wasn't a comedy) sat down in front of us and just stunk us right out of the theater. It's just not fun anymore to go to movies, people are just too stupid and disrespectful of others.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I went to the Drive-in theatre last week. Pretty much the only way I see movies these days if I'm going out for a movie.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Combination of some apps (I'm aware of at least 1 free one, PM me if you want to know) & a chromecast with a big screen tv add in sound system.
Who the hell needs the hassle of dealing with theater crowds.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Yes but some movies aren't meant to be watched on tiny screens, they need sweeping large screens, which is why home theater systems and wide tvs are all the rage right now. No need to watch Star Wars on an android.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Queen K wrote:Yes but some movies aren't meant to be watched on tiny screens, they need sweeping large screens, which is why home theater systems and wide tvs are all the rage right now. No need to watch Star Wars on an android.

That is what the chromecast is for, so you don't need to watch it on your tiny android device.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

No use going to see movies when TV shows are of such high quality.

He produces Family Guy - the show is so good I don't see movies any more.

and movies produced by Hollywood are also extremely high quality.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

agree 100%
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “World”