Jonrox

Re: Las Vegas Shooting 50+DEAD 400+Injured

Post by Jonrox »

Thanks Glacier - that's a great read.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Las Vegas Shooting 50+DEAD 400+Injured

Post by Glacier »

Wow, the comments seem to be highly skeptical of this guy's statement... https://twitter.com/ABC/status/918905401583607808
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Another shooting rocks the world

Post by Queen K »

It's hard to know what shooting is going to rock the World anymore. The LA shooting didn't even make it in here, not even as a footnote. I think I'll add it.

But there was shooting in Walmart too, where a guy just walked in and killed three innocent people.

Which one was a terrorist attack? Both? Just the LA one? Because it's hard to tell sometimes. Let's just say, as I searched for this thread, a whole lotta shooting came up in all different threads.

A whole lotta irresponsible gun ownership is happening out there. And madmen with guns.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Queen K wrote:

Which one was a terrorist attack? Both?

They were obviously Christians right? :)
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Queen K wrote:

Which one was a terrorist attack? Both?

They were obviously Christians right? :)

We will have to agree to disagree on this one. Not obvious at all. :biggrin:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Queen K wrote:It's hard to know what shooting is going to rock the World anymore. The LA shooting didn't even make it in here, not even as a footnote. I think I'll add it.

But there was shooting in Walmart too, where a guy just walked in and killed three innocent people.

Which one was a terrorist attack? Both? Just the LA one? Because it's hard to tell sometimes. Let's just say, as I searched for this thread, a whole lotta shooting came up in all different threads.

A whole lotta irresponsible gun ownership is happening out there. And madmen with guns.

I actually had a thread written up about it, but cancelled before I posted, because what point would it serve? It’s just another day, another mass shooting in the US. I even found a website online that kept track of shooting incidents in a Walmart alone, but I guess after 2016 they didn’t see the point in continuing to report on it either.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Sadly I'm passed caring what the US is doing to themselves. The numbers should be alarming but since thier inaction indicates they're fine with what's going I guess we should be as well but weary of making the same mistakes.

http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

Gun Violence Archive (GVA) is a not for profit corporation formed in 2013 to provide free online public access to accurate information about gun-related violence in the United States. GVA will collect and check for accuracy, comprehensive information about gun-related violence in the U.S. and then post and disseminate it online.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I would stop getting suckered in to all the alarmism. Violent crime rates have been dropping for 30 years in the USA. The number shootings is not getting higher. Murders are not going up. The number of people owning guns is not rising. The world is not ending. Relax, crack a cold one, and stop worrying about a made-up crisis. :130:
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Glacier wrote:I would stop getting suckered in to all the alarmism. Violent crime rates have been dropping for 30 years in the USA. The number shootings is not getting higher. Murders are not going up. The number of people owning guns is not rising. The world is not ending. Relax, crack a cold one, and stop worrying about a made-up crisis. :130:

It would take more than a few cold ones to believe what happened in Vegas represented a "made up crisis".
Last edited by Poindexter on Nov 2nd, 2017, 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Poindexter wrote:Something tells me you should cut back on the cracking of cold ones if you believe what happened in Vegas represents a "made up crisis".

It wasn't made up, but it's not a crisis. If you have 1000 drug overdose deaths per year in BC, and then you have 5,000, that's a crisis. If you have 1,000 per year, and then you have 500, that's not a drug crisis. That's a sign that you're going in the right direction. Murder rates are dropping in the USA, which means there is success, not a crisis. Now, there may be things they can do to speed up the process, though if you're not careful, you could make things worse. The important thing is to use facts, reason, and science to progress society forward.
- Douglas Murray
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

You're much more pragmatic than I Glacier. What you say may be statically correct but I'm not able to qualify what happened in Vegas as trending in the right direction.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Shooting at church

Post by maryjane48 »

prairieflower
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Shooting at church

Post by prairieflower »

And they say the right to bear arms is okay, there is no need to look at tougher gun control laws. What a sad, sad state America is in.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

This is the world of divisiveness, polarization and hate that the so-called "populists" think ordinary people want.

Shouldn't worry. Donald Trump is "monitoring the situation from Japan"
buckland
Fledgling

Post by buckland »

I wonder how long it will take for the trolls to come out of their holes on this story if it turns out to be another good ol boy perp like Las Vegas. We can be certain it is not a Muslim if Trump has not yet condemned the shooting.

Return to “World”