Robber shot at Pizza Hut.

Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Robber shot at Pizza Hut.

Post by Ken7 »

http://www.wbtv.com/story/33618000/pare ... -their-son

This lady has big stones. Parent upset because her son was shot by employee.

CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) -
It’s been a difficult week for parents Temia Hairston and Michael Grace Sr. Their son, Michael Grace Jr, was shot and killed during an attempted robbery early Sunday morning.

I think she needs to give her head a shake! I forgot, "He was down on his luck!" No doubt he shouldn't have tried to rob this shop.
FreeRights
Guru

Re: Robber shot at Pizza Hut.

Post by FreeRights »

This is an interesting one. I didn't read anything during my skim of the article that referenced the robber having or implying that he had a weapon or a lethal threat of force, so hopefully the employee did everything right and won't find herself on the wrong side of criminal charges. I do question the head shot though, since every tactical firearms course I've done taught firing at centre mass.

That said, I'm not going to vilify his parents for publicly making those comments, rightfully or otherwise. Their son was killed and they aren't the "bad guy" here, so they're reacting the same way that most do when they lose a son, criminal or not.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Police said Grace was carrying a gun when he was shot.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/33515896/*bleep* ... pe=generic
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

And that is all there is to it. He had a gun the other guy had a gun, he lost. It really is sad for the parents, but if you are thugging about with a gun, you can't get surprised when you get shot.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Veovis wrote:
And that is all there is to it. He had a gun the other guy had a gun, he lost. It really is sad for the parents, but if you are thugging about with a gun, you can't get surprised when you get shot.

This, entirely. If he had a gun, I can't imagine a more appropriate response.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Veovis wrote:

It’s sad, but carrying a gun in NC in public and being black is dumb.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

FreeRights wrote:This, entirely. If he had a gun, I can't imagine a more appropriate response.

There's no "if" he had a gun. I would think under the circumstances the employee is lucky to be alive.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... 60212134b8
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

sounds like the parents are blaming more the victims than there son,that's what happens when you rob people
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

No, the parents acknowledged what he did was wrong but the employee didn't follow protocol and is likely to be charged. The parents wanted their son alive and in prison instead.
Ranger66
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Ranger66 »

If you pull out a gun and point it at someone you need to accept that the consequences of that action could be your death.
To cool to live, to smart to die or no good deed should go unpunished
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

I’m not sure what the carry laws are in that state and they didn’t mention if the employee had a licence to carry his gun. The US is a very different place than Canada and, if he was legally carrying and there was a threat to him, he very well may have been within his rights to shoot the robber.
I would suspect that the employer may have written policy on carrying of firearms at work so he may lose his job. Or not, if they deem him some sort of hero for his actions.

I’m glad we live in Canada. I certainly do no blame the employee for doing what he did to protect himself and others during an armed robbery, but I prefer that we do not have those situations in such frequency up here.
You and 71 others Like this post
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Ranger66 wrote:If you pull out a gun and point it at someone you need to accept that the consequences of that action could be your death.

Sure, but your mom may not accept, moms are like that, wanting thier children to live and all.
Ranger66
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Ranger66 »

That’s because it is easier on mom’s to place the blame on someone else’s action and not accept that mistakes were made and can now never been undone.
To cool to live, to smart to die or no good deed should go unpunished
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Still, Pizza Hut employees aren’t allowed to carry guns on company property
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Ranger66 wrote:That’s because it is easier on mom’s to place the blame on someone else’s action and not accept that mistakes were made and can now never been undone.

It's also this funny thing called grief...

Return to “World”